Northwestern @ Dutch Fork 9/21

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Northwestern @ Dutch Fork 9/21

Post by TheSilverFox »

Whatcha think? Northwestern may very well be the best 0-4 team in the state while DF is 3-0 with a high flying offense and stout defense. I don’t think it will be close but I have tons of respect for the Trojans and their murders row schedule.

Dutch Fork- 65

Northwestern-17

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

Re: Northwestern @ Dutch Fork 9/21

Post by FootballFan4343 »

TheSilverFox wrote:Whatcha think? Northwestern may very well be the best 0-4 team in the state while DF is 3-0 with a high flying offense and stout defense. I don’t think it will be close but I have tons of respect for the Trojans and their murders row schedule.

Dutch Fork- 65

Northwestern-17
Dutch Fork should win this easily. Don't think they will hit 60 due to the bend but don't break (but they eventually do break) defense of Northwestern. Teams seem to have no problem scoring on NW, but they have to drive the field to do it.

Dutch Fork 51
Northwestern 14

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by TheSilverFox »

FootballFan4343 wrote:
TheSilverFox wrote:Whatcha think? Northwestern may very well be the best 0-4 team in the state while DF is 3-0 with a high flying offense and stout defense. I don’t think it will be close but I have tons of respect for the Trojans and their murders row schedule.

Dutch Fork- 65

Northwestern-17
Dutch Fork should win this easily. Don't think they will hit 60 due to the bend but don't break (but they eventually do break) defense of Northwestern. Teams seem to have no problem scoring on NW, but they have to drive the field to do it.

Dutch Fork 51
Northwestern 14
I doubt DF will have any resistance from NW. SP moved the ball up and down the field mainly running it. DF has a complete offensive attack passing the ball and running it. This game will likely be over at halftime.

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

TheSilverFox wrote:
FootballFan4343 wrote:

Dutch Fork- 65

Northwestern-17

Dutch Fork 51
Northwestern 14
I doubt DF will have any resistance from NW. SP moved the ball up and down the field mainly running it. DF has a complete offensive attack passing the ball and running it. This game will likely be over at halftime.
Re-read my post, I clearly pointed out that I believe Dutch Fork will be able to score. However, I believe it will take longer to drive the field. For example, I think they will need to put together 8 play drives gaining 6-7 yards a play versus a bunch of long touchdowns. Yes, South Pointe had no problem running the football, but sans one long run of about 60 yards, South Pointe's stuff was mainly 5-6 yards a run, which took up time. South Pointe also had a kick return for score in that game.
All I am saying is I don't think Dutch Fork will get to 65 points due to THAT REASON ONLY. Yes, Dutch Fork is probably 80 points better than Northwestern but due to Northwestern's defensive scheme, it will take a little bit of time to drive down the field each time, hence the reason I say 51-14.

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by TheSilverFox »

FootballFan4343 wrote:
TheSilverFox wrote:
FootballFan4343 wrote:

Dutch Fork- 65

Northwestern-17

Dutch Fork 51
Northwestern 14
Re-read my post, I clearly pointed out that I believe Dutch Fork will be able to score. However, I believe it will take longer to drive the field. For example, I think they will need to put together 8 play drives gaining 6-7 yards a play versus a bunch of long touchdowns. Yes, South Pointe had no problem running the football, but sans one long run of about 60 yards, South Pointe's stuff was mainly 5-6 yards a run, which took up time. South Pointe also had a kick return for score in that game.
All I am saying is I don't think Dutch Fork will get to 65 points due to THAT REASON ONLY. Yes, Dutch Fork is probably 80 points better than Northwestern but due to Northwestern's defensive scheme, it will take a little bit of time to drive down the field each time, hence the reason I say 51-14.
I understand your argument and NW has traditionally had a strong defense but I will be shocked if DF doesn’t eclipse over 400 yards. Every team that’s NW has faced this year amassed over 300 yards with SP being the highest at 419. I just think DF will have an relatively easy time moving the ball.

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

TheSilverFox wrote:
FootballFan4343 wrote:
TheSilverFox wrote:
FootballFan4343 wrote:

Dutch Fork- 65

Northwestern-17

Dutch Fork 51
Northwestern 14
I understand your argument and NW has traditionally had a strong defense but I will be shocked if DF doesn’t eclipse over 400 yards. Every team that’s NW has faced this year amassed over 300 yards with SP being the highest at 419. I just think DF will have an relatively easy time moving the ball.
Agreed on all above points. Maybe I am mis-reading what I have previously typed. I am not saying at all that Dutch Fork won't run all over, around and through Northwestern and put up huge yardage totals. What I am saying is due to the style of defense Northwestern has been running the past few weeks, Dutch Fork will have to rely on gaining yards 6-7 yards a clip, which means 7-10 play drives for touchdowns, which eats up 4-5 minutes of clock each time. That is why I DO NOT think they score 65 points. Again, doesn't mean they aren't 65, 85, or even 100 points better but I don't think they put up 65. I could be WAY wrong, but short of a 4-5 turnover night for Northwestern (which is possible), I think Dutch Fork will need to get a few long scoring plays to put up that many points. Again, very feasible, but I don't think that will happen. I think 51 is doable, but not 65.

Hopefully I am understood now. So to recap, I believe Dutch Fork will get 400, 500, or maybe even 600 yards of offense, but not 65 points. This is due to Northwestern giving up the 7 yard run to avoid the 65 yard pass.

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by TheSilverFox »

FootballFan4343 wrote:
TheSilverFox wrote:
FootballFan4343 wrote:
TheSilverFox wrote:
FootballFan4343 wrote:

Dutch Fork- 65

Northwestern-17

Dutch Fork 51
Northwestern 14
Agreed on all above points. Maybe I am mis-reading what I have previously typed. I am not saying at all that Dutch Fork won't run all over, around and through Northwestern and put up huge yardage totals. What I am saying is due to the style of defense Northwestern has been running the past few weeks, Dutch Fork will have to rely on gaining yards 6-7 yards a clip, which means 7-10 play drives for touchdowns, which eats up 4-5 minutes of clock each time. That is why I DO NOT think they score 65 points. Again, doesn't mean they aren't 65, 85, or even 100 points better but I don't think they put up 65. I could be WAY wrong, but short of a 4-5 turnover night for Northwestern (which is possible), I think Dutch Fork will need to get a few long scoring plays to put up that many points. Again, very feasible, but I don't think that will happen. I think 51 is doable, but not 65.

Hopefully I am understood now. So to recap, I believe Dutch Fork will get 400, 500, or maybe even 600 yards of offense, but not 65 points. This is due to Northwestern giving up the 7 yard run to avoid the 65 yard pass.
Yeah you may be right. Check out my other post on DF running backs and tell me what you think. They both have had a field day running the ball. I think both could have over 100 yards again on Friday.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Dutch Fork will take control early and not let up. I think 48-7 is not an unreasonable prediction.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by TheSilverFox »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:Dutch Fork will take control early and not let up. I think 48-7 is not an unreasonable prediction.
Thanks reb wish I can take in one of the oldest rivalries in the state in Gaffney and Byrnes! Hope you guys pull it out with no injuries!

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by TheSilverFox »

Lots to be proud of for the Trojans! DF had too many penalties but still scored over 60 points. Holley will be a fan fave at USC and I think the Trojans can win their region and will upset some good teams in the playoffs! Good luck the rest of the way Trojans!