Greenwood/Laurens

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Re: Greenwood/Laurens

Post by eagle93 »

EmeraldCityEagle98 wrote:
EHSMeanGreen wrote:
eagle93 wrote: If it is, it proves we've got to change something. I don't know what, but something. Hillcrest doubled them up and Myrtle Beach killed them. Got to get back to competing for titles. At the least, winning region.
According to the Box Score on MaxPreps (occasionally correct), Laurens led the game with Hillcrest 24-20 heading into the 4th quarter.
:arrow: http://www.maxpreps.com/games/football- ... &schoolid=
So, that game may have been closer than the final score would lead you to believe?

Myrtle Beach looks like a team to watch out for at the 4A level.
They have a Power 5 D1 Qb commit that is going to South Carolina.
So far they have drilled everyone they've played.
We'll know more about them after their game against Hartsville on 09/28.

Good Luck to your Eagles.
I guess that will be the EXCUSE the coaches or coach will use if we lose....... :roll:
Thanks for the luck, from what I've seen so far we'll need it.
If anything, my part about Hillcrest and Myrtle Beach can't be used as an excuse. More as a reason Greenwood should win. Since when did we start considering ourselves to be lower than these programs? :?

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
eagle93 wrote: If it is, it proves we've got to change something. I don't know what, but something. Hillcrest doubled them up and Myrtle Beach killed them. Got to get back to competing for titles. At the least, winning region.
According to the Box Score on MaxPreps (occasionally correct), Laurens led the game with Hillcrest 24-20 heading into the 4th quarter.
So, that game may have been closer than the final score would lead you to believe?

I guess that will be the EXCUSE the coaches or coach will use if we lose....... :roll:
I was responding to the easley poster trying to put off laurens lost to good teams I guess. I'm in agreement with you 93 as far as not being lower than these programs. or we shouldn't be anyways

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:

I was responding to the easley poster trying to put off laurens lost to good teams I guess. I'm in agreement with you 93 as far as not being lower than these programs. or we shouldn't be anyways
I agree!!! Greenwood should be above those programs.....at least they were in the past.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

Greenwood97
Greenwood Eagles

Post by Greenwood97 »

We will lose a lot of fans if Laurens beat us Friday night. It's homecoming night for the Eagles!!!

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:

I see now. :D

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

Greenwood had a pretty good showing in this game. Passed for 236 yards and had a total of 371 yards. Wasn't nearly as predictable on offense. Laurens tried different offensive schemes, but none of them were successful. The Greenwood defense had a pretty good night allowing only 175 total yards. Maybe one of Greenwood's best performances so far this season.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

eagle93 wrote:Greenwood had a pretty good showing in this game. Passed for 236 yards and had a total of 371 yards. Wasn't nearly as predictable on offense. Laurens tried different offensive schemes, but none of them were successful. The Greenwood defense had a pretty good night allowing only 175 total yards. Maybe one of Greenwood's best performances so far this season.
I agree Eagle 93!!!

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

I hope this offense transition over into next week.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

congrats to the EAGLES

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

eagle93 wrote:Greenwood had a pretty good showing in this game. Passed for 236 yards and had a total of 371 yards. Wasn't nearly as predictable on offense. Laurens tried different offensive schemes, but none of them were successful. The Greenwood defense had a pretty good night allowing only 175 total yards. Maybe one of Greenwood's best performances so far this season.
The playcalling was actually good. As much as I criticize pippin, I'll give credit when credit is due. He needs to keep it up though.