North Augusta

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
FootballFan59
No Team Affiliation

Re: North Augusta

Post by FootballFan59 »

8-15, but sure that does not tell the whole story.

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Damefan »

AngryMax wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:08 pm
Damefan wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:06 am
I said a year ago that I didn’t understand this hire. A career .500 win coach that never stayed longer than 3 years. This program hasn’t had stability since Dan Pippin left. The booster club investigation by the district office and their (booster club) desire to run things has totally screwed up this program. “Maybe” hiring Richard Bush as the next coach would bring stability to the program but you have an AD that is counting his days until retirement there too. I don’t know if Richard has the experience to run this program but his wife is the AD at a local middle school and Richard grew up in the community playing sports including football so he would have the support. He was a head coach at Williston-Elko for a period but came back to NA. He has been named interim coach so let’s hope he gets a shot.
At this point, the best move is to go interim coach and be ahead of the curve next offseason.
While I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but with the brutal non-conference schedule that has been setup for next year it doesn’t set up Richard with a solid chance to succeed Quinn. These kids are going to get tired of the ever changing offense and defense. Also I have been told that the district is planning on going to a district AD which could affect whoever might would have wanted the job. Lybrand would be smart to wait out the Greenwood job coming open sooner than later.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Damefan wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:19 am
Lybrand would be smart to wait out the Greenwood job coming open sooner than later.
But he has bought a ticket on every bus out of Beaufort since December 1st. I presume that he feels like there is nothing left to accomplish here. But I say that building Beaufort into a perennial powerhouse is even more impressive than winning a State Championship. His actions are pointing more and more towards Beaufort's recent run of success being the product of DeVonte Holloman, and less the product of Bryce Lybrand. I think Bryce Lybrand is a very good coach, but a really bad role model for young kids. I cannot express just how disappointed that I am with his antics this offseason. Since he has made it abundantly clear that he no longer wants to be here, I think that he should resign and apply for every job that is still open. I wish him well, I know that I wouldn't want my wife to stay with me just because every other guy that she tried to hook up with, turned her down.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Penguin wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:40 pm
Damefan wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:19 am
Lybrand would be smart to wait out the Greenwood job coming open sooner than later.
But he has bought a ticket on every bus out of Beaufort since December 1st.
Maybe he's just running the "pay me more" flag up the pole.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Beaufort County is one of the highest paying Districts in the state. The more years in the system, the higher his pay would be.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Damefan »

Penguin wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:21 pm
Beaufort County is one of the highest paying Districts in the state. The more years in the system, the higher his pay would be.
Unfortunately Aiken county is not.

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Penguin wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:09 pm
PLEASE let Bryce Lybrand get that job so that he can get out of this place for good!
Why y'all trying to run him off after he just won state for you guys? Not trying to bash your views. Just a curiosity of mine.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:43 am
Penguin wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:09 pm
PLEASE let Bryce Lybrand get that job so that he can get out of this place for good!
Why y'all trying to run him off after he just won state for you guys? Not trying to bash your views. Just a curiosity of mine.
He has applied to virtually every open job this offseason. It is Bryce that wants out, not us trying to run him off. He has made it abundantly clear that he does not want to be here.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Salaries for head coaches in this week’s SC football state title games
The State McClatchy
Lou Bezjak
Updated December 1, 2022 at 10:09 AM
:arrow: https://www.aol.com/salaries-head-coach ... 07865.html

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:03 pm
Salaries for head coaches in this week’s SC football state title games
The State McClatchy
Lou Bezjak
Updated December 1, 2022 at 10:09 AM
:arrow: https://www.aol.com/salaries-head-coach ... 07865.html
Interesting. "The figures shown represent total annual compensation for the job for the 2022-23 school year — that includes any base teaching or job salary plus any supplements for being the coach or athletic director. In some cases, a coach only receives a stipend for that role."

I won't post it all due to copyright restrictions, but here are some observations:
198 schools
3 coaches get a stipend only
1 accepts no pay or stipend

Some schools reported a salary range, in those cases I used the middle of the range for that school to rank them, and for calculations.
Average: $82,170
Median: $82,704

Beaufort is ranked 130 of 198, that puts them in the bottom 35%. (... and lower than May River and Whale Branch.)