BEAUFORT AT LORIS POLL 11/3/2023

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

WHO WILL WIN????

Poll ended at Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:41 pm

BEAUFORT
46%
LORIS
54%

Total votes: 13

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Re: BEAUFORT AT LORIS POLL 11/3/2023

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

Thanks to everyone who voted in this poll and your opinions on this game. I really appreciate it! This BIG 3A 1st Round Playoff Game is tomorrow night and it should be a really good game. I can't wait!!!! I have been battling a cold this week but will definitely be there. I am so excited about this BIG GAME!!!!

If Beaufort's Defense can stop the run game and short passing game of Loris then Beaufort will have a great chance of winning this game. Loris has 2 really good RB'S in Tray Knox and Jordan Vancise. So Beaufort's Defense will have to stop them from getting big gains running the football. The Lions also have a good QB in Jackson Huff who will hurt you with the short passing game. He loves to throw those short screen passes. That is what hurt Beaufort last week against Hanahan. Loris runs almost the same type of offense that Hanahan runs. So The Eagles "D" will have to play a lot better this week in order for Beaufort to go further in the 3A Playoffs.

I really do like Beaufort's chances on Offense this week. I look for Beaufort QB Samari Bonds to have a huge game running and throwing the football. I look for Beaufort RB Jadyn Andrews to have a huge night running the football this week. Hopefully, Beaufort's Offensive Line will have a great game blocking. Loris has played a really weak schedule this season and I think that will hurt them against Beaufort. I hope to see Bonds have some long passes to the Eagle WR'S in this game. I would also love to see some short passes thrown to the TE Priester for Beaufort.

I am really looking forward to my trip to Loris. Hopefully, it will be a great trip there and back, with a stop at Buc-ees, and a Big Beaufort win. ;) :mrgreen: :D. I hope to see a Huge Crowd at this game also!!!!

As for My Prediction...I will say...
Beaufort 35
Loris 24

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES BEAT THOSE LORIS LIONS!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Mbfootballfan wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:09 pm
BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:12 pm
CITYSLICKER wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:55 pm
WELL, DAMN BEF, ITS GOOD U LIVE IN ROUNDO AND NOT BUFART ANYMORE.
LOL Slick. I guess it will be good for me this week. I will have an hour less of a drive than My Beaufort Friends. It will take me 2 hours and 45 minutes from My House to Loris. :o :shock: :lol:

When you get to Loris SANTINOS PIZZA has the best pizza. Oh my god it is so delicious the best pizza house anywhere. The sweet tea ranks as the best I’ve ever had. Nice clean dining area with booths tables and fast friendly service. They also have burgers fries subs. RICHIES on Main Street offers 5 star food as well if your not in the mood for pizza. Simply amazing! Good luck to your Beaufort Eagles!!
Thanks so much, Mbfootballfan!!!! I really appreciate the suggestions. I will have to try one of those out.

Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

Post by PeeDeeFootballFan »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:59 pm
Lake View defeated them. Maybe that fan PeeDeeFootballFall can enlighten everyone.
Sure, I can enlighten everyone. You are completely right. Loris lost to Lake View, a 1A school. Loris is not a very good football team. They are below average on offense and their defense cannot stop the run. They play in the second weakest region in 3A in the state. Hence the reason Dillon walks into the playoffs every year pretty much undefeated. I'm not sure who wins this one because I haven't been too impressed with Beaufort this year either. I think they lost too much talent from last year, especially in the backfield. They got destroyed by Phillip Simmons who has proven not to be a state title contender based on their loss to Hanahan. Regardless the only four teams coming out of the lower state are Camden, Dillon, Gilbert, or Crestwood. They are head and shoulders above everyone else. Just depends which team gets hot. I think it is Crestwood because they are the most dynamic and have the best quarterback by a lot. Defenses are going to load the line against Dillon in the playoffs and bring lots of pressure when they have to throw. I don't see their QB taking over a game at all. Much more likely that the senior Camden or senior Gilbert QB have what it takes to put a team on their back. Dillon's line is elite though, so if they can dominate running the ball, they have the most explosive offensive run game by far. Not impressed with any of the defenses though. I think Gilbert has the best overall defensive scheme and coaching. Unfortunately for them they lost their big RB to a transfer to Irmo. Not sure they have the ground game to win in the playoffs. Back to the original question though, I see Beaufort winning a close game in this one maybe 24-21 or something like that. Loris may have put a lot up against their last few opponents, but Georgetown was 0-10, Waccamaw had 24 total players on their roster and was not good, Manning clearly benefited from a very weak schedule and is not a very good football team right now having given up 43 points to Waccamaw, and Aynor is a nowhere close to as big, strong, or athletic as it was years ago when they beat Dillon. I'd be shocked if any team in that region besides Dillon wins a playoff game and Dillon may not win more than one this year.

Mbfootballfan
Myrtle Beach Seahawks

Post by Mbfootballfan »

Dillon and Loris both played in a weak region. The toughest game Dillon had on the schedule was Hartsville and they lost by 20+ points. I do agree that Dillon owns this region and walks into the playoffs. Loris is not bad. They just can’t seem to get to the level of Dillon.

PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:59 pm
Lake View defeated them. Maybe that fan PeeDeeFootballFall can enlighten everyone.
Any other requests for me Cat Fan? Loris wasn’t a good team and either was Manning or Aynor. When the cats starts playing any kind of schedule outside of the weakest region in the state we will all have a better idea of what they are going into the playoffs. I still think they are 1 of 4 teams in the lower state who can make it to state in 3A, but they have their hands full the next 3 weeks and better have a scheme instead of relying on talent. The run game isn’t a power run game and the Cats can’t get the ball to their playmakers outside through the air. Well maybe through screens. Camden and Gilbert won’t look the same in the playoffs. Their coaches will make adjustments. Crestwood just may be better than your Cats and no special schemes or adjustments needed. It will be a fun playoffs with those Pee Dee teams + Gilbert in 3A lower state. I may even add in Hanahan now, although I think they are a one trick pony with just a power running back in his 4th year dominating on varsity and carrying them. I think Gilbert has better coaching and adjustments but whoever wins that game will not be an easy game for your cats if ya’ll get past Camden next week. All four teams left on that side of the bracket are legit and have similar talent so coaching and then execution of a great game plan is going to make the difference. Simply winning the talent battles isn’t going to get it done anymore starting next weekend.

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

A daunting task indeed. Seems to be insurmountable odds stacked up against the reigning state champion Beaufort and Dillon meeting in a lower state championship rematch. Good luck with the next opponent and congratulations on the Loris playoff win.
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:42 am
A daunting task indeed. Seems to be insurmountable odds stacked up against the reigning state champion Beaufort and Dillon meeting in a lower state championship rematch. Good luck with the next opponent and congratulations on the Loris playoff win.
Thanks 1 CAT FAN!!!! Hopefully, your Wildcats and My Eagles can meet up again this season. We shall see. I think that Beaufort has a great chance of beating Crestwood next week but it will definitely be a tough game. Crestwood is really good and has a very good QB.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Hey 1CatFan, anything to say now? I go to the games. I see who can play. Your QB can’t play. Hartsville wasn’t a state champ contender. I was the first one in the Irmo and Crestwood bandwagon although it wasn’t a bandwagon then. They are just elite teams. Think I also said it would be Irmo, James Island, or S Florence out of the lower state in 4A. Go to the games, it is t that hard.

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

It’s difficult to replace the quality caliper QB play of a Avery McCall. Good luck on your “bandwagon teams”quest for a state championship.

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:54 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Thanks 1 CAT FAN!!!! Hopefully, your Wildcats and My Eagles can meet up again this season. We shall see. I think that Beaufort has a great chance of beating Crestwood next week but it will definitely be a tough game. Crestwood is really good and has a very good QB.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
If it's any consolation, Crestwood didn't advance either. I wonder if PeeDeeFootballFan watched his elite Crestwood team get smashed by Brookland Cayce. He'll probably jump on their bandwagon now. :lol: