Scorestream Mobile App- Discussions & Suggestions

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions and a forum for suggesting and discussing ideas about how to improve the board.
DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Live 4A Scoreboard - Download the App - Score your team

Post by DeCav »

No, won't help to reinstall yet Mike. I downloaded the app to my wife's galaxy last night to see if I got the same problem you were having and I didn't see a start time either. I'm pretty sure that the earliest you'll see a fix for that will be for the week 11 game and unless they're completely stumped we should def have a working Facebook feature by round 1 of the playoffs.

Anyone who is using an android OS should post as much so we can correct the start date. So far, there are 8 games showing up one the main scoreboard link. If your game isn't there, it might mean there's a problem and you should mention it before kickoff.

Thanks to all the folks helping out as score keepers!
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Joshua.Stephens
ScoreStream.com

Post by Joshua.Stephens »

GoBigGreen wrote: Thanks Joshua. I feel a little better now :mrgreen:. I do get the little red X through my Facebook logo when I try to post to Facebook. Should I uninstall Scorestream on my Andriod(Samsung Galaxy S4) and reinstall? I was not sure if the "next release" is ready yet or not.
Won't help to reinstall. I'll post here once the new version is live.

Thanks

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

For fans using scorestream to follow games tonight...

You will want to set up the games you want to follow preferably before you leave for the game and definitely before kickoff.
In your menu you will see "my games". You will want to populate this list with the games you want to follow tonight. Much easier to do when you're not trying to watch a game live at the same time, trust me!

Click "find a game or team". Type in a team. The game you want should show up. Click it and then check your menu again. It should now be in the "my games" list. If the game doesn't show try typing in the opponent instead.

Repeat for all the games you want to follow. If you have your list populated before kick off i think you'll find the experience a good one. Of course if you have any probs check the links sf band dad posted on the 1st post.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

It's almost 6 pm. Now is a good time to check the battery life on your phone.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

DeCav wrote:It's almost 6 pm. Now is a good time to check the battery life on your phone.
Thanks. I'm about to head out the door to Socastee and need to grab the charging cord before I do.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Ok, fellas so what's your thoughts about the app? The 1st 3 quarters were quite buggy for me. The score buttons didn't respond at all. I had to type in all the score changes on the scoreboard and Dorman#1 messaged to say he was getting the post updates but the score itself wasn't updating.

Several times the quarter dial just refused to respond to my input. And a few times the score would change drastically without me even bringing up the score page. In the 3rd quarter the app locked up completely while I was trying to post a comment. Could type anything I wanted but there was not "post" button and the menu icon didn't respond. Had to shut down the iPhone and restart it to get it working again.

Halfway through the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th quarter, the app performed flawlessly for me.

I think I had connectivity issues on my phone service so maybe that's why some of the functions were buggy. Over all it was much easier than texting scores to 10 people. And the cheer function was just dang lit up! Something like 3500 cheers between the two teams. Anyone follow along on the web?

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

I wonder if the cheer button was causing some of the problem. In the past you could only cheer once but now you could sit there and just keep hitting hit and it would continue to take your cheers. Looks like there was a little competition going on with the cheer count. I was unclear on when the score would update. When a team scores and I hit +6 for a TD, do you have to hit post or quickpost afterwards? I would then hit +1 extrapoint and hit post again. Whenever I hit quickpost a message box would appear telling me to hit Post first and to set up my other services such as Facebook. Well on the android, that is not working yet. In short, I am not sure of when others see my updates and I really do not want to have to add a comment at the same time. I still send my updates out via text and it was just taking too long to keep up with both. I would prefer to watch the games so making it quick at scorestream is important. I know that is what the guys are working towards and I believe once all the bugs are worked out it will be a nice app.

OLDCAT
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by OLDCAT »

I got your text just fine last night!!! :D

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

I had the same issue Decav and I just think it was because we had so many people on updating scores but that could be wrong too I know me and 1cannon were updating the Gaffney game last night and it seems to do really well with 2 people updating the game.

I don't know if the scoreboard on the boards was updating everytime I posted a score. I would love to know if the score was updated every time we scored a td or whatever

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

It pretty well for me.

At one point I must have hit the "extra point" button twice and I posted the wrong score, I corrected it.
....a couple of seconds later, it changed back. I corrected it again.
....it changed back again. I corrected it again. It finally took.

I will definitely be using it again next week, much easier than texting. I was surprised at how many 1A - 3A games were being scored in the Pee Dee, I was able to follow lots of them.