Enjoyed the season

A forum to discuss South Carolina High School Baseball and Softball.
mikey
Gaffney Indians

Enjoyed the season

Post by mikey »

Over for the Indians…but it was fun ..one of my Grandson’s made all Region..made it to the District championship and knocked Byrnes out which really I didn’t think Gaffney would win that game..Too many E’s in the DC cost us as it did all year..Hopeful coach either ups his game or best Resign..Good luck to those still in it..

I'm Batman!
No Team Affiliation

Re: Enjoyed the season

Post by I'm Batman! »

Someone had a link online last night and I got to see Lexington beat Byrnes in softball 12-11 in what was a very sloppily called game where both coaches had conferences with the umps.... Byrnes had at least two calls that I thought were Angel Hernandez type calls, Hellen Keller could have made better calls and Stevie Wonder would have overturned the second one. Batter took a step toward the mound and stood up and raised her bat after missing the bunt and blocked the catcher from picking off the runner but "no interference" was the call. Lexington had a 5 run at bat that was cut short by an out call at the plate that had the Lexington coach livid! Girl's hand was across the plate and the Rebel catcher tagged her on the foot; but she was called OUT!

TIM
Strom Thurmond Rebels

Post by TIM »

mikey wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 11:38 am
Over for the Indians…but it was fun ..one of my Grandson’s made all Region..made it to the District championship and knocked Byrnes out which really I didn’t think Gaffney would win that game..Too many E’s in the DC cost us as it did all year..Hopeful coach either ups his game or best Resign..Good luck to those still in it..
was a fun season! Congratulations to your Grandson for the All Region honors!! i can't wait for next season to start up again and watch my son as he progresses thru the ranks of c team, jv and varsity.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

TIM wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:13 am
mikey wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 11:38 am
was a fun season! Congratulations to your Grandson for the All Region honors!! i can't wait for next season to start up again and watch my son as he progresses thru the ranks of c team, jv and varsity.
American Legion starts tomorrow night..Grandson is playing for the Chesnee post since Gaffney isn’t having a team this year..Gonna be some late nights playing 9 innings…
Good luck to your son…I’m gonna tell you..it’s a lot less stressful when it’s your grandson and not your son…uyou get over it quicker if they have a bad game.. :lol:

OLDFART51
Woodruff Wolverines

Post by OLDFART51 »

Congratulations to your Grandson Mike. On the late nights, you don’t have anything else to do. Plus they grow up so fast.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

OLDFART51 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:48 pm
Congratulations to your Grandson Mike. On the late nights, you don’t have anything else to do. Plus they grow up so fast.
Thanks..good luck to yours and the Tigers at the SR.. :D