What Happeed to Some of the Old Poster

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
chief shooting bull
Gaffney Indians

Re: What Happeed to Some of the Old Poster

Post by chief shooting bull »

1st meet me at the QT in Duncan....we 'bout to throw hands son!

PS Hows the wife? Woulda never sold that truck.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

chief shooting bull wrote:1st meet me at the QT in Duncan....we 'bout to throw hands son!

Ditto on the truck....a kid or the family pet maybe...but not the truck...

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

I guess that I am considered one of the Old Posters on here. I started on PFT in 2002 and then on here when it started. I hope that this board is here for many more years!!!!

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

Dave Pickren
SC HS Football Historian

Post by Dave Pickren »

The first site for high school football was started in 1994 by Bob Bacot. 25 seasons ago
It was named SC Prep Football and was run by Bob as a full-time website with the very first message boards ever.

I found the site during the 2nd week it had been opened when out of town in Los Angeles and looking for Friday night scores from back home. Bob and I became friends and eventually, he asked me to start working on the site. Believe it or not, we used to average between 5000 and 8000 people on the site every Friday night looking for scores and posting on the message boards. We often had over 10,000 posts a week and over 40K unique visitors.

Bob passed away during the playoffs in 2001 and SC Prep moved on with him. His family let the site close and I never knew why they made the decision. Bob was from Myrtle Beach and was semi-retired. He ran the best site and provided daily updates and posted new stories and profiles every day during the season. He had an amazing work ethic and developed an amazing site. He passed at his computer uploading scores during the first round of the 2001 playoffs.

I started SC Pigskin Prep the following day to keep the community alive and to finish the season. For the next 8 seasons, I ran SCPP before selling the site to the Spartanburg Herald-Journal and Go Upstate. I left the site in 2009 and take no responsibility for the dumpster fire the site became after that.

The oldest posters I can remember back in 1994 when all this started was:
StumpDog / Mark Jeffcoat - Stratford
EarlDaPearl - Ran Palmetto Preps eventually
Full Choke - Dorman
Fly Guy - The SC State Department for the Mentally Challenged
BearcatinOk - RIP
BigGaffneyIndian and all the other posters from Gaffney
Gerald Doolittle
There were a ton of Marlboro County guys
There was also a bunch of others who have since passed on.

25 years is a long time and there have been some amazing guys here over the years. Hard to believe it has been a quarter of a century.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Wow thank you for the history lesson Mr. Pickren that is totally amazing how all of this got started 25 years ago. I sure would love to see some of the great posters from the other site and some of the ones from all the years come here and talk football.

1st&Goal
Byrnes Rebels

Post by 1st&Goal »

chief shooting bull wrote:1st meet me at the QT in Duncan....we 'bout to throw hands son!

The wife is doing really well. Hope all is well with you and your family.

As for the truck, I have already started on another one. Just this time it will be fuel injected and have AC. :D

And CSB...I hope you mean throw hands up as in waving hello. But you Gaffney guys tend to do a Barbie wave. :D :D
If you cant walk it..You prolly shouldnt talk it!!

1st&Goal
Byrnes Rebels

Post by 1st&Goal »

mikey wrote:

Ditto on the truck....a kid or the family pet maybe...but not the truck...

I had to get the sale authorized by my Grandson. :D
If you cant walk it..You prolly shouldnt talk it!!

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

DAMN, PICKERMAN, HOW COULD YOU NOT PUT ME AT THE TOP, HAHAHA
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

AHS14
Abbeville Panthers

Post by AHS14 »

PFT seems to be stuck in a read only mode - no new posts since June 2. I guess the "journalists" got tired of posters telling people to come to this site instead. The traffic had been steadily in decline anyway. Nonetheless, a lot of good stuff over at PFT.

Things aren't like what they used to be...

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

AHS14 wrote:PFT seems to be stuck in a read only mode - no new posts since June 2. I guess the "journalists" got tired of posters telling people to come to this site instead. The traffic had been steadily in decline anyway. Nonetheless, a lot of good stuff over at PFT.

Things aren't like what they used to be...
:lol: Have you ever tried to post a link to this site over on PFT? Don't, it won't work. A couple of years ago they set their auto-correct feature up to change and misspell the word "scpreptalk" so the link won't work. :lol: :lol: