Best Games

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Best Games

Post by racincowboy02 »

I gotta hear about each schools top 10 best and worse games. What do yall think each of them are

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Best Games

Post by SF Band dad »

I've only been following HS football for 4 years so I don't have a huge number to pick from.

The best game I saw SF involved in was our overtime win against Conway last year.

I think the best game I've witnessed to date was last year's 4A-II championship game between Greenwood and Northwestern.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

My list would be best games

Gaffney vs Spartanburg playoff game
Byrnes vs Gaffney 2006 x2
Gaffney vs Summerville anytime
Gaffney vs Dorman
Gaffney vs Union 2012

Worst Games

Gaffney vs Byrnes 2011 state title game
Gaffney vs NW 1993 state game 2-0 loss
Gaffney vs Stratford 1999 semi final game

Thats just the ones off the top of my head

rigginb
Greenwood Eagles

Post by rigginb »

SF Band dad wrote:I've only been following HS football for 4 years so I don't have a huge number to pick from.

The best game I saw SF involved in was our overtime win against Conway last year.

I think the best game I've witnessed to date was last year's 4A-II championship game between Greenwood and Northwestern.
That was definitely the best championship game last year... the Greenwood vs North Augusta game was pretty intense too.

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

Union vs. Lancaster. 1990 state championship. Union won 27-26. That was a back and forth game throughout. Lancaster had a player named Tracy McGriff. Excellent game. I was home on leave.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

cavaliereagle wrote:Union vs. Lancaster. 1990 state championship. Union won 27-26. That was a back and forth game throughout. Lancaster had a player named Tracy McGriff. Excellent game. I was home on leave.
Also the best HS game (most exciting) I have ever seen played. :)
Saw it in person. Awesome game that I still talk about.

Posted about it on PFT in November.....
EHSMeanGreen wrote:Union scored with less than a minute to go in the game. Score 27-20.

Lancaster had a TB/NG named McGriff that played every play of that game. He didn't even leave the field for Special Teams because he was their Punter and Kicked Extra Points!

After the kickoff, Lancaster lined up in their usual I-formation.
They ran McGriff in motion to the left, by himself.
EVERYBODY in the stadium knew where the ball was going. :idea:

QB threw it as far as he could. McGriff caught the ball between two defenders. Stiff armed one down and broke the tackle of the other and rumbled the other 40 or so yards for the TD. :shock: :shock:
It looked like an EARTHQUAKE had erupted on the Lancaster side of the stadium. :o :o
27-26.
Lancaster went for 2 and failed. Is that the dropped pass?
Very exciting game. :D

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
cavaliereagle wrote:Union vs. Lancaster. 1990 state championship. Union won 27-26. That was a back and forth game throughout. Lancaster had a player named Tracy McGriff. Excellent game. I was home on leave.
Also the best HS game (most exciting) I have ever seen played. :)
Saw it in person. Awesome game that I still talk about.

Posted about it on PFT in November.....
EHSMeanGreen wrote:Union scored with less than a minute to go in the game. Score 27-20.

Lancaster had a TB/NG named McGriff that played every play of that game. He didn't even leave the field for Special Teams because he was their Punter and Kicked Extra Points!

After the kickoff, Lancaster lined up in their usual I-formation.
They ran McGriff in motion to the left, by himself.
EVERYBODY in the stadium knew where the ball was going. :idea:

QB threw it as far as he could. McGriff caught the ball between two defenders. Stiff armed one down and broke the tackle of the other and rumbled the other 40 or so yards for the TD. :shock: :shock:
It looked like an EARTHQUAKE had erupted on the Lancaster side of the stadium. :o :o
27-26.
Lancaster went for 2 and failed. Is that the dropped pass?
Very exciting game. :D
I still can't believe they didn't go to McGriff on the 2 point conversion. If I remember correctly, he was wide open.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.