Job Openings

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Re: Job Openings

Post by Deputy »

In_the_know wrote:For the sake of football in York County I hope FM and NW find new coaches. FM is just awful. 2 wins in the last 20 games and barely a TD a game. FM has also dropped 9th grade football in a school with over 2000 students. NW has a new AD and may try to right the ship-they dropped off fast.
As far as Fort Mill is concerned, I'm not sure it matters. You could bring in the best coaching staff in the state and still struggle. Just because of the makeup of the Fort Mill community these days, they just dont have much talent.

NW? A new coach that started behind the eight ball because he wasnt hired until the summer. So we will see. But not sure either NW, or Rock Hill, returns to some of the glory days folks remember. The creation of South Pointe took a lot of that talent they used to depend on.
Last edited by Deputy on Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

rookie13
No Team Affiliation

Post by rookie13 »

socastee has not been posted on district web site

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Bob Wilson to retire as South Florence AD

The full article is at the headline link.

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

rookie13 wrote:socastee has not been posted on district web site
Maybe not but check out Horry news for the article that states they are beginning the search for a new coach

rookie13
No Team Affiliation

Post by rookie13 »

thanks, saw it just not posted yet

coachp
No Team Affiliation

Post by coachp »

Any news today?

uknowit
No Team Affiliation

Post by uknowit »

Probably a little early for that. Seems like even in situations where it seems like a foregone conclusion that many wait until playoffs are over.

Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Post by Chuckster »

Deputy wrote:
In_the_know wrote:For the sake of football in York County I hope FM and NW find new coaches. FM is just awful. 2 wins in the last 20 games and barely a TD a game. FM has also dropped 9th grade football in a school with over 2000 students. NW has a new AD and may try to right the ship-they dropped off fast.
As far as Fort Mill is concerned, I'm not sure it matters. You could bring in the best coaching staff in the state and still struggle. Just because of the makeup of the Fort Mill community these days, they just dont have much talent.

NW? A new coach that started behind the eight ball because he wasnt hired until the summer. So we will see. But not sure either NW, or Rock Hill, returns to some of the glory days folks remember. The creation of South Pointe took a lot of that talent they used to depend on.

Well said Deputy!!!! Coach McNeely at Fort Mill is a solid football coach. I listen to his interviews weekly - you can tell the frustration in his voice. I don't think he knew exactly what he was walking into when he took the job. With Nation Ford and NOW Catawba Ridge High coming online, the FM High district lines were fractured big time. The City of Tega Cay now is the main attendance zone for Fort Mill High.. The Tega Cay PRT cut out tackle football and instituted "flag football" instead.....You also have to take into account that Lacrosse and Soccer are big time sports for Fort Mill and Northern York County......Major population shift has taken place in that area with people moving from Charlotte and up north relocating to this area. They have no allegiance to HS Football......

As it relates to Northwestern, I think they have the right person!! Give him time.....Thankfully, they have a new AD and Principal that will give NW stability.......Coach Wofford inherited a mess and has done a fantastic job keeping this program together under the circumstances.....He now can go and get the assistant coaches he really needs for next season......
Attachments
GCHS.gif
GCHS.gif (10.2 KiB) Viewed 2935 times

No Fly Zone
Emerald Vikings

Post by No Fly Zone »

Northwestern really screwed up when they rushed Robert Hellams out of there.

He is one of the best high school football coaches in the country.

In_the_know
No Team Affiliation

Post by In_the_know »

Hey Chuckster I respect your opinion but must disagree. Here’s why. When NF opened they literally took half of FMs football team. When CR opened this year they only too a little over 200 students from FM and only 8 players. FM had a senior class of 30+ this year. They were awful. Worse then the teams from the original NF/FM split days. In McNeelys 2 years FM is 2-18, has the worst loss ever (77-0) and scored the least and gave up the most points ever this year. Solid coaches, as you say, put kids in a position to compete. Don’t sling the ball all over when you don’t have a QB to throw it or WRs to catch. At least the previous coach (Susie) gave them a chance with his ball control offense. For someone who came as a defensive guru, like McNeely did, he sure laid an egg. 5A football is a lot different than what he’s used to. If you check Maxpreps this is his pattern. He got smashed when he played the big time Charlottes school and not the cupcake Iredell County schools. Im passionate because my kids play here and played for both. Sometimes what you wish for may not what works. Dang.