Oceanside fined 16k

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Oceanside fined 16k

Post by Fortfor5 »

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Re: Oceanside fined 16k

Post by Newcatntown »

Well, looks like some good bonuses at the HSL this holiday season!!! :roll: :?

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

… and they forfeit 2 region games which makes them the #4 seed. The coach at Andrews is not amused.

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

SF Band dad wrote:… and they forfeit 2 region games which makes them the #4 seed. The coach at Andrews is not amused.
Such a quagmire at the HSL....coach said he “DIDNT understand” the rule.....and being a charter school, they probably had the $16.5K in petty cash drawer!!! :mrgreen:
And yes.....the Andrews team is getting a raw deal here.... and nothing will be done about it.

uknowit
No Team Affiliation

Post by uknowit »

Agree. This ruling actually punished others maybe more than Oceanside.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Newcatntown wrote:
SF Band dad wrote:… and they forfeit 2 region games which makes them the #4 seed. The coach at Andrews is not amused.
Such a quagmire at the HSL....coach said he “DIDNT understand” the rule.....and being a charter school, they probably had the $16.5K in petty cash drawer!!! :mrgreen:
And yes.....the Andrews team is getting a raw deal here.... and nothing will be done about it.
The only good thing about this is that Oceanside may get to give Phillip Simmons a dose of karma in the second round. I wonder if their scoreboard can display a score higher than 99. The varsity starters stay in the game,.... running clock? I don't think so. :lol: :lol:

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

YOU LAUGH CHEEKO, YOUR SORRY FLORENCE TEAMS FIXING TO GET A BERKELEY COUNTY *** CUTTING TOO
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

hsfbcoach
No Team Affiliation

Post by hsfbcoach »

It's absolute garbage. They should have been banned from the playoffs. Who is really getting punished? Andrews won their region and the reward for that is having to play a team that went 9-0. I'd be furious too if I was the Andrews coach. He said he didn't understand the rule, but that's on him. It's his job to know the rules. Ignorance isn't an excuse. Goose Creek was kicked out of the playoffs for using an ineligible player in 2012--OCS should've received the same fate. The only team getting screwed here is Andrews.

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

"Oceanside principal Brenda Corley told the Moultrie News on Monday afternoon that the school would appeal three of the forfeits — against Gray, Legion and Burke — as well as the fine."

This tells me everything I need to know about how they run their program. They get caught breaking the rules and get off with a light punishment that really punishes the Andrews High team, and their first thought is to appeal. As far as the coach saying he didn't know the rule, THEY HOST RULES CLINICS THAT ARE MANDATORY FOR THE HEAD COACH TO ATTEND! Why didn't he ask for them to clarify the rule? Because he didn't think he would get caught is why.

"People throw rocks at this place because we’re successful." -Chad Grier

No, people throw rocks at your place because you have shown that you think the rules shouldn't apply to you. I'm sure there are some teams and coaches in this state that will play you and show you just how "successful" you are. I really hope that Andrews can find a way to knock Oceanside out of the playoffs.

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Damefan »

Again another reason why Charter schools need to be placed into a Open Division with all the the Big Boys! When you have open access to a school and the coach has no restrictions on recruiting players this kind of crap happens.

If this isn't recruiting bringing your QB from your previous school and a D1 prospect I am a monkey's uncle. It isn't a fair competitive advantage for schools that have to follow zoning laws, and he clearly states that he wants to create a IMG style program that does promote recruiting!! How many schools only offer 4 hours of classes a day and the rest of the time is devoted to training? That is not the High School I nor my kids were raised on. Think about it!! Read the article, it states these facts!!

https://fnfcoaches.com/sc-coach-wants-t ... e-program/