Why Do You Follow Your Team

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Why Do You Follow Your Team

Post by NuclearCav90 »

1990 Dorman grad...have lived on Spartanburg’s west side my whole life! My mom, a 1961 Gaffney grad, made me hate Gaffney, and my dad, from Startex and a 1952 grad of WLT (Wellford-Lyman-Tuccapaw( the school there before Byrnes), made me hate Byrnes. And I learned to hate Spartan High In first grade!

All We Do Is Win
Dillon Wildcats

Post by All We Do Is Win »

Grew up in Augusta, Ga. Dad who played and graduated from Dillon, use to take me and my brother up to Dillon playoff games as kids. Moved to the Florence area and I attended and played ball at West Florence High. After going off to college to play the family decided to move to Dillon so my brother could be a Wildcat. He went 28-0 won 2 state titles. Even though I didn’t play there myself I’ve always been a huge fan of the Cats growing up.

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Both my children played for Dillon, although my daughter was a better athlete. She was a highly recruited softball player who signed to play at Southern Wesleyan University just a few miles from Clemson. If only Clemson had their Softball program in place back when she graduated. She was also a very good volleyball player and could have signed to play that sport.
She had many honors while playing at Dillon, North/South All Star selection, All State, All Region. Rated as one the best catchers in SC when she graduated, also pitched some. A very tenacious hitter at the plate, batted clean up.
Played travel ball winning many tournaments, won the 2010 South Carolina State Championship travel ball tournament.
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Aight Nuclear Cav you gotta tell me how does a Gaffney graduate mother make you hate the Indians lol I could see the Byrnes hatred but the Gaffney and coming from a mother I don't understand

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Fortfor5 wrote:
racincowboy02 wrote:Wow that's awesome I have been born and raised and graduated from Gaffney got my 1st taste of Gaffney football in 1985 and haven't looked back.

Fortfor5 if my memory serves me correctly you were a Summerville fan before that right? So what made you follow them?

SF that's pretty awesome right there

96 what made you not switch support to the Eagles or did you support them and go to their games when your kids were at Greenwood
I went there for 2 yrs played 1 i lived there from 76till 87 moved to Columbia temporarily and moved back to goose creek.

That's awesome man thanks for sharing I hope you don't think I was being to nosey

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

racincowboy02 wrote:
Fortfor5 wrote:
racincowboy02 wrote:Wow that's awesome I have been born and raised and graduated from Gaffney got my 1st taste of Gaffney football in 1985 and haven't looked back.

Fortfor5 if my memory serves me correctly you were a Summerville fan before that right? So what made you follow them?

SF that's pretty awesome right there

96 what made you not switch support to the Eagles or did you support them and go to their games when your kids were at Greenwood
I went there for 2 yrs played 1 i lived there from 76till 87 moved to Columbia temporarily and moved back to goose creek.

That's awesome man thanks for sharing I hope you don't think I was being to nosey
No biggie man.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

1 CAT FAN wrote:Both my children played for Dillon, although my daughter was a better athlete. She was a highly recruited softball player who signed to play at Southern Wesleyan University just a few miles from Clemson. If only Clemson had their Softball program in place back when she graduated. She was also a very good volleyball player and could have signed to play that sport.
She had many honors while playing at Dillon, North/South All Star selection, All State, All Region. Rated as one the best catchers in SC when she graduated, also pitched some. A very tenacious hitter at the plate, batted clean up.
Played travel ball winning many tournaments, won the 2010 South Carolina State Championship travel ball tournament.
My stepson played tennis for Wilson, my daughter was in the SF band. He's now a software engineer for Otis Elevator, my daughter is an ICU nurse at MUSC Florence.

Me? I'm still in High School. Mostly as a volunteer-mentor for the FSD1 Robotics Team, sometimes still for the SF Band and Athletic Boosters.

Oh yeah, and I founded this website in 2013 after becoming frusterated with the pop-up advertising and surveys over at PFT. It became too much like work a few years ago and I sold it to EHS_Mean Green for the price of a meal. :lol:

NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by NuclearCav90 »

racincowboy02 wrote:Aight Nuclear Cav you gotta tell me how does a Gaffney graduate mother make you hate the Indians lol I could see the Byrnes hatred but the Gaffney and coming from a mother I don't understand
I said that in jest. I don’t really HATE any schools. All school are full of supporters who are good people (and some who are not so good, but I just try to steer clear of those). We have teased each other at times in the family right before games between our schools and that was kind of little joke about that...it came off poorly though. My Indian mother is a saint of a woman who raised me right My dad has passed on, but he always kept me on the straight and narrow, all out of love!

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Oh yea man I know that you were kidding I thought maybe there was a little teasing or something that was goin on and it made you not like the Indians cause they beat yall and you had to hear a good natured ribbing from your mother lol

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

1 CAT FAN wrote:Both my children played for Dillon, although my daughter was a better athlete. She was a highly recruited softball player who signed to play at Southern Wesleyan University just a few miles from Clemson. If only Clemson had their Softball program in place back when she graduated. She was also a very good volleyball player and could have signed to play that sport.
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions