Spartanburg coach Chris Miller steps down

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Spartanburg coach Chris Miller steps down

Post by SF Band dad »

DeCav wrote:It is nothing short of a coup! Great hire for the Vikes! I know Sparty is doing backflips. Heard through the grapevine id dorman had been hiring he might have gone there instead. But brand new school, beautiful stadium? RC i think they opened that stadium one year too early!!!!
Yup, Sparty just hit the coaching lottery. Every struggling 4A/5A school in the state had to be eye-balling Hodge.

uknowit
No Team Affiliation

Post by uknowit »

Onion Rings wrote:schools can pretty much do what they want to do...as long as the A.D., Principal, and Superintendent all agree, they can hire someone on the spot

this is really more efficient than having a panel that includes people who have no clue about football (teachers, community leaders, school board members)

if you know what or who you want, pull the trigger
This! I have seen more than enough coaching searches that were a total bust with folks that dont care, or dont have a clue, determining who the next football coach will be.

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

Will be a lot of fun to watch Hodge bring that wide open offense to S'Burg

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

DHSCavsFan wrote:My sources told me yesterday that Chapman made counter offer to Hodge, the same amount the Spartanburg was willing to pay. Said he was ready for a new venture. The turn around at Spartanburg will be a slow process, need to develop players from little league up. Good Christian man, he will do a lot beyond football for the Spartanburg family. I think Gaffney even talked to him, wife said no, and the money was not there. Same source said that if the Dorman job was open and offered, Hodge would have taken it. Everything at Dorman is already in place.

Now as for Miller, he was not forced out. It has been known since before Christmas that Miller would retire. I think he wants a Dan Jones deal. Retire, but still coach football. He will show up somewhere.
your information is incorrect

MrFootball68
Greenwood Eagles

Post by MrFootball68 »

Once again great hire- but SOP was not followed. Not that it matters- but just facts.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

1 CAT FAN wrote:The reemergence of Vickie6.

Pfffttt!

Let him show his face around here!

Viking fans are more than welcome on this board!

But if Vic thinks he can swing his johnson around here like he did on PFT he has another thing cumming.

He’s welcome here if he can carry himself with grace and dignity. (Yes he’ll have to do better’n me.)
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

when they start winning, he will be back

1CANNON
Gaffney Indians

Post by 1CANNON »

bringthewood wrote:
DHSCavsFan wrote:My sources told me yesterday that Chapman made counter offer to Hodge, the same amount the Spartanburg was willing to pay. Said he was ready for a new venture. The turn around at Spartanburg will be a slow process, need to develop players from little league up. Good Christian man, he will do a lot beyond football for the Spartanburg family. I think Gaffney even talked to him, wife said no, and the money was not there. Same source said that if the Dorman job was open and offered, Hodge would have taken it. Everything at Dorman is already in place.

Now as for Miller, he was not forced out. It has been known since before Christmas that Miller would retire. I think he wants a Dan Jones deal. Retire, but still coach football. He will show up somewhere.
EyE cOnKuR
STILL SPEAKING THE TRUTH

Victory6
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Victory6 »

DeCav wrote:
1 CAT FAN wrote:The reemergence of Vickie6.

Pfffttt!

Let him show his face around here!

Viking fans are more than welcome on this board!

But if Vic thinks he can swing his johnson around here like he did on PFT he has another thing cumming.

He’s welcome here if he can carry himself with grace and dignity. (Yes he’ll have to do better’n me.)
Who put you in charge?:? ......"Hail to Dutch Fork...Hail to Chapman" :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Spartan High"

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

bringthewood wrote:

What is the correct information?
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson