WHO GETS THE AUTOMATIC BID FROM EACH REGION?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Re: WHO GETS THE AUTOMATIC BID FROM EACH REGION?

Post by GoBigGreen »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
GoBigGreen wrote:I do not know enough about the regions outside of our area to comment.

Region 7
1. Goose Creek
2. Stratford
3. West Ashley

Region 8
1. Summerville
2. Fort Dorchester
3. Bluffton
Since when has that ever stopped people? :lol:
Region 8 is becoming a little more clear for at least the top two spots.

wave 80
Summerville Green Wave

Post by wave 80 »

Region 7
1.Goose Creek
2.Stratford
3. Wando

Region 8
1.Summerville
2.Fort Dorchester
3.Beaufort
GO WAVE

NinjaChickenAHHH
Byrnes Rebels

Post by NinjaChickenAHHH »

Tigerific wrote:I don't know if will make a difference but Conway has 3 of our 4 region games at home. Young team could get a win or two and make the playoffs. That would be nice for this young team heading into the offseason. Looking for big things starting next year. ;)
Welcome back stranger, good to see you posting. I hope yall do get some of those wins. Always enjoyed the times when yall played the Rebels.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Updated predictions after week 7
1 Hillcrest
2 Greenwood
3 Laurens
4 Easley :mrgreen:
My Green Wave play Woodmont, winner will be in good position for 4th spot.

1 Byrnes
2 Gaffney (Can they have the Big Turnaround again?) :?:
3 Dorman
4 Spartanburg (v. Boiling Springs could determine 4th)
........................Mauldin can score lots of points and could be a threat for 4th as well.

1 Northwestern (only beat York 23-21 last year)
2 York
3 South Pointe
4 Nation Ford

1 Spring Valley
2 Irmo
3 Blythewood

1 Dutch Fork
2 Lexington
3 North Augusta
(Lexington beating North Augusta last week turned this one upside down for me, Dutch Fork will need to improve on Defense) :?

1 South Florence
2 Sumter
3 West Florence
(will likely come down to the SF v WF rivalry game, SF will lbe looking to avoid a 3-way tie)

1 Goose Creek
2 Stratford
3 Wando

1 Summerville
2 Fort Dorchester
3 Beaufort
Wave80 may have Region 7 and 8 nailed!

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

EHSMeanGreen wrote: 1 South Florence
2 Sumter
3 West Florence
(will likely come down to the SF v WF rivalry game, SF will be looking to avoid a 3-way tie)
Unless Conway or Carolina Forest pulls-off an upset off in the next three weeks I would say you're right. WF defeating SF in week 11 would result in a 3-way tie between SF, WF & Sumter. But if I'm modeling the playoff points correctly, SF still wins the region on points in that situation. WF takes 2nd, Sumter 3rd.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

SF Band dad wrote:Unless Conway or Carolina Forest pulls-off an upset off in the next three weeks I would say you're right. WF defeating SF in week 11 would result in a 3-way tie between SF, WF & Sumter. But if I'm modeling the playoff points correctly, SF still wins the region on points in that situation. WF takes 2nd, Sumter 3rd.
I was going to check that. Looking over my spreadsheet now.
Hopefully SF can lock up the Region by beating CF and Conway.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
SF Band dad wrote:Unless Conway or Carolina Forest pulls-off an upset off in the next three weeks I would say you're right. WF defeating SF in week 11 would result in a 3-way tie between SF, WF & Sumter. But if I'm modeling the playoff points correctly, SF still wins the region on points in that situation. WF takes 2nd, Sumter 3rd.
Assuming all three teams finish 3-1, SF loses to Stratford and WF defeats Cane Bay,....SF should end up with 1/2 point more than WF and 2 points more than Sumter.

Oops. I just realized that Sumter would still take 2nd based on the head-to-head win against WF. WF needs to defeat SF and get some help from Conway or Carolina Forest to take 1st or 2nd.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

SF Band dad wrote:
EHSMeanGreen wrote:
Assuming all three teams finish 3-1, SF loses to Stratford and WF defeats Cane Bay,....SF should end up with 1/2 point more than WF and 2 points more than Sumter.

Oops. I just realized that Sumter would still take 2nd based on the head-to-head win against WF. WF needs to defeat SF and get some help from Conway or Carolina Forest to take 1st or 2nd.
I agree with that assessment... I'm still PROJECTING a 10-1 South Florence. Where it could get really squirrelley is SF and Sumter win out to solidify #1 and #2 and then a three way fight for the remaining slot.... talk about a bracket shake up! What if somehow Carolina Forest gets in (16 seed in Division One) and a trip to Byrnes could be looming if we take care of things...

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:Where it could get really squirrelly is SF and Sumter win out to solidify #1 and #2 and then a three way fight for the remaining slot.... talk about a bracket shake up! What if somehow Carolina Forest gets in (16 seed in Division One) and a trip to Byrnes could be looming if we take care of things...
:shock: :lol: I hadn't considered that.

Carolina Forest is undefeated in the region, anything could happen. :roll: :lol:

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
SF Band dad wrote:
EHSMeanGreen wrote:

I agree with that assessment... I'm still PROJECTING a 10-1 South Florence. Where it could get really squirrelley is SF and Sumter win out to solidify #1 and #2 and then a three way fight for the remaining slot.... talk about a bracket shake up! What if somehow Carolina Forest gets in (16 seed in Division One) and a trip to Byrnes could be looming if we take care of things...
I don't like CF but I wouldn't subject them to that sort of punishment. :oops: