TL Hanna vs Dutch Fork Poll

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

Who wins 5A?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:13 am

TL Hanna Yellow Jackets
50%
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes
50%

Total votes: 26

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

TL Hanna vs Dutch Fork Poll

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Well, most people will pick DF because I mean....How can you pick against them? :lol: I don't remember the last time they lost a game. Most will pick them because no one has been able to stop them since they really got rolling 3 or 4 years ago. WELL NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND :D
If you can beat Gaffney and Northwestern when they are both good AND do it on the road, that has to count for something. Yeah yeah, I realize the last time these teams met the final score wasn't close. I was at the game. It went back and forth all night until TLH had a critical 4th and goal to take the lead and DF strips the ball from the RB and ran it back 90 plus yards to go up by 2 scores. Credit to DF. Then Hanna gave up . Started fumbling ect...and the score got out of hand.
***What makes me think this won't happen again or better yet TLH get completly blown out? It might! I think THL has learned from the loss the last time. Pretty much the same coaching staff - Jeff Herron.

Why do I care who wins since I'm a Greenwood fan and our season is over? I dont! I don't give a damn :lol: less than that. I'm still pissed Greenwood lost.

So why post? I love HS football in general and this board. Matter of fact....*****SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO THE PERSON THAT OWNS THIS BOARD***** Lots of hard work goes on behind the scenes so we are all able to post, predict, celebrate when we win and rant when we lose. My HS FB experience would be extremely boring without this board and all the crazy characters on here. Good luck to DF and TLH.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: TL Hanna vs Dutch Fork Poll

Post by Silverfox92 »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:13 am
Well, most people will pick DF because I mean....How can you pick against them? :lol: I don't remember the last time they lost a game. Most will pick them because no one has been able to stop them since they really got rolling 3 or 4 years ago. WELL NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND :D
If you can beat Gaffney and Northwestern when they are both good AND do it on the road, that has to count for something. Yeah yeah, I realize the last time these teams met the final score wasn't close. I was at the game. It went back and forth all night until TLH had a critical 4th and goal to take the lead and DF strips the ball from the RB and ran it back 90 plus yards to go up by 2 scores. Credit to DF. Then Hanna gave up . Started fumbling ect...and the score got out of hand.
***What makes me think this won't happen again or better yet TLH get completly blown out? It might! I think THL has learned from the loss the last time. Pretty much the same coaching staff - Jeff Herron.

Why do I care who wins since I'm a Greenwood fan and our season is over? I dont! I don't give a damn :lol: less than that. I'm still pissed Greenwood lost.

So why post? I love HS football in general and this board. Matter of fact....*****SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO THE PERSON THAT OWNS THIS BOARD***** Lots of hard work goes on behind the scenes so we are all able to post, predict, celebrate when we win and rant when we lose. My HS FB experience would be extremely boring without this board and all the crazy characters on here. Good luck to DF and TLH.
Hanna was already down by 11 when the strip and score happened. Had they scored it would’ve been to cut the lead to 4 not to take the lead.

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

hope Hanna can give them a game. We all know Knotts is the best coach, but are learning that the guy from Hanna is pretty good too

as far as fan support and school spirit, Hanna looks like an awesome place to go to school

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Silverfox92 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:06 pm
GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:13 am

Hanna was already down by 11 when the strip and score happened. Had they scored it would’ve been to cut the lead to 4 not to take the lead.
My apologies! My memory is a little fuzzy since I don't have a rooting interest. You are indeed correct! I was just pointing out to the people that only look at the final score (59-20) that the game was not at all indicative of the final score up until that play at the beginning of the 4th Quarter. Game was going back an forth up until that point. Then the DF player made an excellent play and pretty much iced the game to make it 31-20 DF. Credit to DF! Then Hanna started doing things they haven't done all season giving DF easy TD's in garbage time which made the score look bad. I can hear the resentment in your typing :lol: Take it easy. Everyone on here knows DF is the king of hill until someone beats yall in the State Title. (If it ever happens) :D Good Luck Friday Night!

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

No way df loses to hanna . Dorman can't even stop them. What makes people think hanna can lol?

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

Dorman D pretty weak

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

So many picking Hanna to win....SMH

Dutch Fork-38
Hanna-17

"Luck is a concept created by weaker men to explain away their failures."- R. Swanson

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

This is the year to beat DF....said it for a while. Silver Foxes have been better than I thought. To beat DF - offensively, you have to keep up. That means being able to run and throw the ball. If you are one dimensional, the DF defense takes away your bread and butter and forces you out of your comfort zone. Defensively, you have to be able to match up well against their receiver corps. Spencer, Williams, Sowell, Hyatt...all good receivers, a couple are exceptional, and all over 6'ft tall. They can run the short passing game or beat you with the long ball. People forget, but Dutch Fork runs the ball well, especially with a lead. Seen DF multiple times this year, but only a little film on Hanna. Problems I see for Hanna- DF defensive speed; they fly to the ball and all of them, including the DL can move well- and as Knotts says, "they will strike you"...hard hitting defensive unit. Offensively, a good deep big OL, smart QB, solid RBs and excellent receivers. I think Hanna DBs are going to be challenged in a way they have not been all season. Hanna has to be able to throw the ball well to beat DF. We know they run the ball well, but they need to be able to throw. I think...and this was a problem for them in 2018...they play some key players both ways. I may be wrong there, but I think I saw the same numbers on both sides of the ball...that can be problematic. This is/was the year to beat DF. The next two coming seasons, they will be special teams... Hanna is the last shot.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:46 pm
This is the year to beat DF....said it for a while. Silver Foxes have been better than I thought. To beat DF - offensively, you have to keep up. That means being able to run and throw the ball. If you are one dimensional, the DF defense takes away your bread and butter and forces you out of your comfort zone. Defensively, you have to be able to match up well against their receiver corps. Spencer, Williams, Sowell, Hyatt...all good receivers, a couple are exceptional, and all over 6'ft tall. They can run the short passing game or beat you with the long ball. People forget, but Dutch Fork runs the ball well, especially with a lead. Seen DF multiple times this year, but only a little film on Hanna. Problems I see for Hanna- DF defensive speed; they fly to the ball and all of them, including the DL can move well- and as Knotts says, "they will strike you"...hard hitting defensive unit. Offensively, a good deep big OL, smart QB, solid RBs and excellent receivers. I think Hanna DBs are going to be challenged in a way they have not been all season. Hanna has to be able to throw the ball well to beat DF. We know they run the ball well, but they need to be able to throw. I think...and this was a problem for them in 2018...they play some key players both ways. I may be wrong there, but I think I saw the same numbers on both sides of the ball...that can be problematic. This is/was the year to beat DF. The next two coming seasons, they will be special teams... Hanna is the last shot.
Absolutely disagree on the long ball .your qb throws it like
A punt .a very high arcing pass. Its up for grabs.His shorter passes slants were his best throw last friday.he was not accurate on his throws to the flat. His feet were his best asset . Very quick .Sumters qb couldn't pass. At all They ran the ball well .but the bread loaf the qb held out absolutely killed sumter at the early 3rd qtr.that was the game deciding play score or die.
If hanna can pass they should have a shot.
As usual a tk team does the fundamentals well.
That can be the difference.
Df wont overwelm you .yall play mostly mistake free.or atleast friday anyway.sumter had a few penalties that killed the few drives that were having success.
Df played better and won.

Were you saying df has a big oline or hanna?
Df oline isnt big .they are solid . Mostly stumps hard to get leverage on 5dt9 to 6ft 275 to 300.but hey gotta use what god gave ya. Hard to block them guys leverage wins. Well coached execute well.solid good lineman.
Df goes to the slants on d to clog the gaps.you have to have a power off tackle run game mixed with a decent pass game. Thats where sumter made thier runs at.if the rb would look up instead running into the back of his tackle he woulda had a better night.maybe not have won but definitely would have had some more yardage.
Anyways rain may be on the menu.

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

I wouldn't mind seeing TL Hanna win this game but I think Dutch Fork has too many weapons including a very good head coach. So with that being said......

Dutch Fork 40
TL Hanna 24

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!