D W Daniel... Re-Peat?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Re: D W Daniel... Re-Peat?

Post by cavaliereagle »

Silverfox92 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:15 pm
cavaliereagle wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:37 am
These Dutch Fork fans sound ridiculous bumping their gums about beating smaller schools. They don't want to face a team like Abbeville as much as they think! I doubt Abbeville would win. Simply because of the numbers. Dutch Fork would need an open date the next week. DF is having a great run. Just like many others have done before. Get DF to schedule these games you all speak of. These smaller schools always have trouble getting the bigger schools to schedule them. Dutch Fork has a great program, no doubt. Why do you feel the need to disparage other programs? It is a compliment when others want to use you as a measuring stick. Why does a compliment offend you?
No one is bumping their gums about beat no small schools those fans bought us up and we just keeping it real. It wouldn’t be a game and it’s that simple. DF honestly has nothing to gain playing Abbeville or Daniel. Those teams don’t even schedule the 5A schools in their area. So it’s no point in DF playing them. DF is focused on playing on a national scale to get recognition outside of SC.

*MOD EDITED* - Please refrain from taking harsh tones with other posters .
”Those fans?” Go back and read the thread. Who mentioned the name Dutch Fork first?
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:35 pm
nastycats1988 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:29 am
Daniel just enjoy the championship my friends. Daniel is amazing but I am inclined to agree that Dutch Fork is on a Different level. Listen. We here at Dillon had Avery Mccall(Young man NEVER lost a game he FINISHED in in 4 years). 4 straight titles(2012-2015). Best QB I've ever seen take a High school Football field. Man had eyes in the back of his head. Dillon wanted you to blitz him he had the sickest pocket prescence I'd ever seen. Could throw 60 yards with both feet planted(insane). He had the BEST hard count ever too. He would routinely draw the other team offsides aobut 7 times a game. We played Mallard Creek back in 2013 who was ranked #10 in the country at the time. Avery Killed them. He got hurt at the beginning of the 4th. They beat us 27-21. Had Avery finished i KNOW we would NOT have lost that game. Mallard Creek PROMPTLY waited until Avery graduated before they played us again. :D :D :lol: Even the Mallard Creek coaches said they were helpless on the sideline(lol). in 4 years that was the ONLY loss he had. I STILL don't count it because he didn't finish the game. Why did I say all of that. At the time Dillon seemed nearly unbeatable. Man we had talent ALL OVER THE FIELD. But things turned kind of quickly. A resurgence is on the way.I believe that the 2022-2024 Dillon Teams from what I am hearing will be the best we've ever fielded.(That's huge considering what we've had). Why am I saying this?? Just enjoy the moment Daniel guys. It seems like it will always be like this. Trust me. It won't. Just enjoy the title
I appreciate your enthusiastic optimism, Nastycat. You had high praise for this year's team too, they were not bad, but no where near the caliber of teams past.
nastycats1988 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:43 am
THIS IS LITERALLY THE TEAM. The Entire Offensive Line is all Seniors. The entire Wideout Core is Seniors.(Top to bottom has a chance to be the west WR core we have ever had). We have 3 backs in the backfield Including Nemo Squire who is legit squatting 525 lbs and has really worked on his speed and conditioning, Nigel George(the little bullet) who is a handfull and Qushod Singleton. 2 Quarterbacks battling for the job. A WHOLE host of defensive players back.
This year's defense was horrendous. Probably one of the worst ever, not to mention special teams. No kicking game what so ever.

Hope you're right about the upcoming teams living up to the standard of teams past. Hopefully, the new coach can renew the catalyst that you spoke of.
nastycats1988 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:05 pm
LOL That 2022-2024 comment came from the coaches themselves. I believe they know a little something about that type of stuff(lol) Sometimes things don't come together. I felt like things just didn't come together this year. We had the talent in my opinion.
nastycats1988 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:07 pm
In the meantime the Dillon 12-13 year old AAU Football team just won the AAU Big South National Championship 40-0. They coming bro. Just gear up. The best teams are coming
Love the passion, Nastycat. Keep everyone informed through the pipeline. Merry Christmas. Image
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

cavaliereagle wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:54 pm
Silverfox92 wrote:
cavaliereagle wrote:
These Dutch Fork fans sound ridiculous bumping their gums about beating smaller schools. They don't want to face a team like Abbeville as much as they think! I doubt Abbeville would win. Simply because of the numbers. Dutch Fork would need an open date the next week. DF is having a great run. Just like many others have done before. Get DF to schedule these games you all speak of. These smaller schools always have trouble getting the bigger schools to schedule them. Dutch Fork has a great program, no doubt. Why do you feel the need to disparage other programs? It is a compliment when others want to use you as a measuring stick. Why does a compliment offend you?
No one is bumping their gums about beat no small schools those fans bought us up and we just keeping it real. It wouldn’t be a game and it’s that simple. DF honestly has nothing to gain playing Abbeville or Daniel. Those teams don’t even schedule the 5A schools in their area. So it’s no point in DF playing them. DF is focused on playing on a national scale to get recognition outside of SC.

”Those fans?” Go back and read the thread. Who mentioned the name Dutch Fork first?

If you were in the known you would know that Daniel fans took a shot at DF after they won their title and claimed “We want DF”. Same with Abbeville fans in another group chat so DFold and I stepped in and said something. It’s ok if you have a small boy inferior complex built up inside you. Your little program you root for hasn’t won a thing in nearly 2 decades maybe longer. It’s best you sit this out and let the REAL WINNERS have this conversation....

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

Silverfox92 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:11 pm
cavaliereagle wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:54 pm
Silverfox92 wrote:
cavaliereagle wrote:

If you were in the known you would know that Daniel fans took a shot at DF after they won their title and claimed “We want DF”. Same with Abbeville fans in another group chat so DFold and I stepped in and said something. It’s ok if you have a small boy inferior complex built up inside you. Your little program you root for hasn’t won a thing in nearly 2 decades maybe longer. It’s best you sit this out and let the REAL WINNERS have this conversation....
Little boy complex? LOL! I'm probably old enough to be your dad. It hasn't been 2 decades for Central. However, we're not talking about Central. Northeast has never done anything. Again, that's not the topic! If you think a high school's record has anything to do with you, I or anyone else being a winner or a loser, you have a lot to learn.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

SilverFox92- Be nice. You scolded me for being "scathing" a while back...haha.

Hey, if rooting for your team is your thing, and them having a good season makes you happy... you're a winner.

2020 is history. We can start jawing about 2021 and what will happen...

Nothing but good thoughts for the Lions of the greater Six Mile, Central, Cateechee megalopolis.

Fear The Fox...

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:22 pm
SilverFox92- Be nice. You scolded me for being "scathing" a while back...haha.

Hey, if rooting for your team is your thing, and them having a good season makes you happy... you're a winner.

2020 is history. We can start jawing about 2021 and what will happen...

Nothing but good thoughts for the Lions of the greater Six Mile, Central, Cateechee megalopolis.

Fear The Fox...
Up in Pageland, as the little league went, so did the high school. In Dillon, it's the same way. I believe the same happened in Duncan with Byrnes. Do you find that to be the same in the Dutch Fork area?

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

you hit the nail on the head. I know Knotts' influence is felt in ICRC rec league football... and I think we are seeing the impact of him being in place for a decade. The kids that grow up here are fully indoctrinated by the time they get to B team.

OldLion71
Daniel Lions

Post by OldLion71 »

Well not sure how it got started but this forum is about Daniel repeating. You want to belittle 2A and 3A titles like they don't mean as much, I disagree. Ask these young mean who won they will let you know what it means. I played for Daniel in 89 and we went to state and lost by 1 to Manning. That hurt for long time, being my final game. Dont know if you guys played or just fans, either way its cool to root for your school but don't belittle the other titles because just as much work, blood, sweat, and rears went into theirs. DF has won 6 now, Daniel has 6 and Abbeville has 10 or 11 maybe more. You guys are having good run,hopefully it will continue for you. But you are not trailblazers you think you are. Daniel beat a nationally ranked 7A school from Alabama, they looked like college players, but Lions beat them 27-20 on Singleton field. Now thay was 7A, much bigger than little old SC5A mind you. So I'm just saying it has happened. But DF aint playing Daniel or Abbeville because if you lost it would take away some of that shine. No offense but nobody really talks about DF around here. With Byrnes and Gaffney going through rough patches guess your path doesn't seem so tough. Daniel was suppose to play Hanna before it got canceled. We usually beat Hanna and the Westside. Sitterle use to schedule Gaffney as well and we beat them year they won their state. So you might not wanna keep poking these Lions. As a former player and now fan I love my team as you love yours but I cannot say your team is better than mine. I just know my little school has 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders playing on Sundays. That first round receiver is best in NFL and yeah we should have gotten couple state titles with him but that had more to do with coaching staff here at time. The Clemson, Central, Catechee, and Six Mile area is very proud of Lions, good luck to your Foxes!

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

OldLion71 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:31 pm
Well not sure how it got started but this forum is about Daniel repeating. You want to belittle 2A and 3A titles like they don't mean as much, I disagree. Ask these young mean who won they will let you know what it means. I played for Daniel in 89 and we went to state and lost by 1 to Manning. That hurt for long time, being my final game. Dont know if you guys played or just fans, either way its cool to root for your school but don't belittle the other titles because just as much work, blood, sweat, and rears went into theirs. DF has won 6 now, Daniel has 6 and Abbeville has 10 or 11 maybe more. You guys are having good run,hopefully it will continue for you. But you are not trailblazers you think you are. Daniel beat a nationally ranked 7A school from Alabama, they looked like college players, but Lions beat them 27-20 on Singleton field. Now thay was 7A, much bigger than little old SC5A mind you. So I'm just saying it has happened. But DF aint playing Daniel or Abbeville because if you lost it would take away some of that shine. No offense but nobody really talks about DF around here. With Byrnes and Gaffney going through rough patches guess your path doesn't seem so tough. Daniel was suppose to play Hanna before it got canceled. We usually beat Hanna and the Westside. Sitterle use to schedule Gaffney as well and we beat them year they won their state. So you might not wanna keep poking these Lions. As a former player and now fan I love my team as you love yours but I cannot say your team is better than mine. I just know my little school has 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders playing on Sundays. That first round receiver is best in NFL and yeah we should have gotten couple state titles with him but that had more to do with coaching staff here at time. The Clemson, Central, Catechee, and Six Mile area is very proud of Lions, good luck to your Foxes!
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

They don't talk about DF in the Upstate because it's like conjuring up the boogie-man. Hanna, Dorman, etc may not talk about DF but I bet they have nightmares about them. Hanna called out DF on social media after they beat NW in the Upper State title, not a good move. Those teams have the same patch to plow through as every other team in the state. About being consistent. Hopefully, the Lions will keep the momentum.

Not sure where the 7A bit in Alabama matters...how many state title games did SC have each year when it was Big 16 and Div I and Div II for class A and class AA.... Is Lanier even around any more- not seen them on any Max Preps/ USA Today Top 25 (or Daniel for that matter)? Demographics have always been about equal as far as population, between SC and AL.
It's Alabama...not California.

Any way, that is history...time to think about 2021.

DF needs to concentrate on winning the lower state again before they can think about state. Knotts started that as soon as the title game was over.

Daniel needs to think about their schedule as well- Seneca, Pendleton, Berea, Easley etc.

I disagree. Knotts is a trailblazer.... 13 state titles...he has taken DF to the state title game 8 of the last 9 seasons, winning 6- including 5 in a row the first coach to do that in SC. Sounds like trailblazer material to me.

Full disclosure- I have a place just east of Six Mile mountain, on Twelve Mile Creek.... I know your neck of the woods, there Lion. I started to say "good luck" to DWD, but as some say luck is a concept created by lesser men to explain away their failures... I am sure DWD will do fine next year. Take care, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Fear The Fox.