PLAYOFF BRACKET - PROJECTION 10/19

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

PLAYOFF BRACKET - PROJECTION 10/19

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Still working on the brackets but came across something that I couldn't help but laugh at...

Spartanburg's the team on the line... Division One or Division Two. The game that may make the difference ---- West Florence -vs- Carolina Forest. If CF picks up that win and then beats Conway, they could be the #3 automatic bid from Region VI and push the Vikings to Division Two.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Re: PLAYOFF BRACKET - PROJECTION 10/19

Post by Penguin »

Talk about "irrelevant" becoming relevant.............Region VI always does that. Just when you think you have it all figured out, bammm, week 11 comes along turns everyone's brackets upside down. This may sound cruel, not meant to be, but......I cannot remember a time when that Region has ever had 3 teams that you could say were clearly better than the others and be able to pencil them in as locks. Sumter is always the Dr. Jekyl team......you never know what you will get from them. This season it looks like So Flo, and then who? I believe that 2 quality teams in this state will get hosed because of the other 2 AQs from Region VI. Of course Region IV isn't much better when it comes to trying to figure it all out. Spring Valley, and then what? They have already defeated what I figured to be the other 2 top contenders in Blythewood and Irmo.

I see it as a very divided state this season........about half and half........high quality teams and not so high quality teams. A few exceptional, a few terrible. Games are tough to pick when a whole lot of teams look just about the same as others. Then of course, you have the mismatches.........and the scoreboards reflect those without any need to rehash them.

At least it will all eventually work itself out on the field. The DII bracket is going to be a monster.......there are at least 6 teams right off the top of my head that could win it all. I don't ever remember having that many really good teams in any AAAA bracket. The semifinals and finals are all going to be must see games. And your Burnz Rubbles should run roughshod through the DI bracket. Other than Dutch Fork or Spring Valley, I just don't see anyone else coming close. But...all that said, the games do get played on the field, officiated by persons of questionable abilities, and decided by teenage kids, so anything is still possible.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Thanks Pengy! Loved your reply on PFT when you added the other 3 really, really, good teams.

What about Spartanburg making the playoffs? What's the % that they get in this year? I'm thinking they will have to be at large, right?
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

DeCav wrote:Thanks Pengy! Loved your reply on PFT when you added the other 3 really, really, good teams.

What about Spartanburg making the playoffs? What's the % that they get in this year? I'm thinking they will have to be at large, right?
Pretty much a given they are in, and that they will be an AT LARGE. Keep in mind, #3, #4 and at large are seeded together so it really doesn't matter after Region Champs and Region Runner Up

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Thanks bud. I was with 1st and GC62 last night. We were wondering about that.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

DIVISION ONE
1 Byrnes
16 West Ashley

8 Sumter
9 Dorman

----------------------------------------------
4 Summerville
13 Spartanburg

5 Spring Valley
12 Mauldin

=======================================================
2 Dutch Fork
15 Wando

7 Gaffney
10 Boiling Springs

----------------------------------------------------
3 Hillcrest
14 Rock Hill

6 Lexington
11 Fort Dorchester

DIVISION TWO
1 Goose Creek
16 West Florence

8 Blythewood
9 North Augusta

------------------------------------------------
4 Stratford
13 Laurens

5 York
12 Irmo

=======================================================
2 Northwestern
15 Wade Hampton

7 Greenwood
10 South Pointe

------------------------------------------------
3 South Florence
14 Easley

6 Beaufort
11 Nation Ford

OK, now some comments:

You have to start with:

Spartanburg -vs- Summerville. GoBigGreen you get to host Sparty, maybe he gets lost while he's down there.... just sayin

South Florence-vs-Easley. I swear I didn't mess with the brackets... SFBANDDAD and EHSMeanGreen have to be grinning right now!

Greenwood, South Pointe and Northwestern in the same section of the bracket??? Wow that could be interesting....

Goose Creek wouldn't even have to get dirty until Thanksgiving Friday

Gaffney & Boiling Springs rematch with Dutch Fork in round two?

I would pick the 12 over 5 upset right now in Division One

Dorman heading down to Sumter to try to set up the rematch at Nixon Field.

Based on these brackets, which we all know will change again next week, here are my projections for WEEKEND OF CHAMPIONS:

Byrnes beats Summerville and Gaffney beats Hillcrest to set up the rematch where the Rebels prevail.
Goose Creek rolls over York while Northwestern smokes South Florence to set up the game everyone wants to see....
Where the Air Raid prevails in a defensive struggle 54-49.... both defensive teams struggle to stop the other that is....

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

RF-74 wrote:South Florence-vs-Easley. I swear I didn't mess with the brackets... SFBANDDAD and EHSMeanGreen have to be grinning right now!
:D We were discussing this possibility earlier this week.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Still way too many possibilities to say any of this is going to happen, but looking at these brackets does show that we are in for some potential match ups that will be full of things like that...

EHSMeanGreen going down to see SFBANDDAD, rematch games, and all kinds of fun.

HSFBjunkie
Hillcrest Rams

Post by HSFBjunkie »

IF they can survive the rest of the journey through Region 2 (Byrnes, at Spartanburg, at Boiling Springs) unscathed injury-wise, Mauldin is going to give someone - or two or three - all they can handle come playoff time.

While my alma mater Hillcrest is having an amazing season and is very likely going to win their first region title in football in school history, I wonder how they are going to perform in the postseason just a "being battle tested" standpoint as Region 1 isn't particularly strong this year.
"Moral victories are for losers."

osu-grad
Byrnes Rebels

Post by osu-grad »

Can you imagine the great games if the top eight teams of Div 1 and Div 2 could be combined?

No one wants to see West Ashley travel to Nixon field...
“They’re out there protesting what they actually wish would happen to them sometimes.” Rush Limbaugh, on women who protest against sexual harassment, The Rush Limbaugh Show, April 26, 2004