4A Game of the Week: Northwestern vs York

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Re: 4A Game of the Week: Northwestern vs York

Post by trojangrad78 »

abdullahthebutcher wrote:I don't know how you can talk about last year's game without mentioning the roughing call.
That was a call that was one of those where half the people were going to agree with it and half the people were not.

Steelersfan
Northwestern Trojans

Post by Steelersfan »

Northwestern win this game without a problem. NW has the better Offense. NW has a better Defense. NW has more depth in all the skilled positions. NW is bigger. NW is faster.
York will field a good team, maybe the best team they ever fielded. But not good enough to beat NW this year.

Northwestern 49
York 21

movethesticks
No Team Affiliation

Post by movethesticks »

movethesticks wrote:I don't think York's defense will be able to stop NW enough times to outscore them.

NW 42 York 28
Well, my total points was correct.

Too much NW.

trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Post by trojangrad78 »

I really thought this game would be closer. NW totally overwhelmed York.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/10/26/ ... n-big.html

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Major congrats! Sounds like the NW defense is for real.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Post by trojangrad78 »

DeCav wrote:Major congrats! Sounds like the NW defense is for real.
We set up to stop the run and make them beat us through the air.

I graduated from NW in 1978, which is 35 years ago. Tonight, I saw a flea flicker for what is probably the first time in those 35 years. It went for an 82 yard td......caught by one of our DB's now playing limited time at WR.

Check out the link to the game. They mention the td, but NOT that it was a flea flicker.

Tonight, NW aired the ball out repeatedly instead of all the screens and quick out throws to the wr's right at the line of scrimmage.

Tonight was just one of those WOW games. Thankfully, it was WOW for NW and not for York!!!!

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Congrats to Northwestern and trojangrad78.

Steelersfan
Northwestern Trojans

Post by Steelersfan »

Steelersfan wrote:Northwestern win this game without a problem. NW has the better Offense. NW has a better Defense. NW has more depth in all the skilled positions. NW is bigger. NW is faster.
York will field a good team, maybe the best team they ever fielded. But not good enough to beat NW this year.

Northwestern 49
York 21

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

trojanway
Northwestern Trojans

Post by trojanway »

Comporium, local TV provider, aired replay last night of game and towards the end of the game the announcers were acting like it was a major upset. Hello? We understand that both teams were undefeated but please don't insult NW by acting as such. Surprised at the score, maybe, but NW is the #1 team in SC.

abdullahthebutcher
No Team Affiliation

Post by abdullahthebutcher »

The announcers were surprised that there was a 30 point margin, not by who won. If you think the announcers insulted Northwestern, watch it again. There was absolutely no disrespect, only recognition of an outstanding performance.