Dutch Fork Schedule 2022- Thoughts

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Dutch Fork Schedule 2022- Thoughts

Post by DFOLDMAN »

* Hough NC- Tough first game...on the road. I do believe both teams will be a little better than they were last season. I think DF can pull this one out, but again its a tough way to start a campaign, and they have to play mistake free ball. "W"

* Spartanburg- Another tough game on the road. And again, I think both teams are better this season than last season. DF defense gave Spartanburg fits last season and that squad is back almost completely intact. Think it will be a better game than last season, but have to go with the Silver Foxes. "W"

* Creekside GA- Good team on the road again. I think DF may have a few too many horses for them, but I suspect it will be another good game, but I see DF winning that one. "W"

* Stratford- The Stratford team lost to Cane Bay last season and DF had CB 56-0 at the end of the third. This one may get out of hand quick. "W"

* North Augusta- An old rivalry from back in the day. Different teams now. NA took a sound thrashing from Greenwood last season. DF did the same to Greenwood. This one also may be one-sided by the end of the game. "W"

* St Frances MD- National powerhouse...#3 in the Nation in Maxpreps preseason rankings. Tall order. It will be at home, but SFA may just have too many Jimmys and Joes for the Silver Foxes to handle. I hope they give a good showing like they did against Allen TX a while back but this may be a loss, unless the ole ball coach can dream up a plan. "L"

* White Knoll- First region game. I do believe WK will be a better team this season under the second year coach, but the scoreboard may not reflect a big improvement. "W"

* Chapin- Another region foe. Chapin lost a whole lot from last season, and not sure they will be up to the caliber they have been the last few seasons. DF may get them on the ropes early and run off and hide in this one. "W"

* River Bluff- Region team that had some strong teams recently, up until last season. Good program there. Great atmosphere, great facility, great fans. I think they will be better, but DF may just be too much. "W"

* Lexington- I think they surprised everyone last season, and I think they may be even better this season. DF roughed them up and may just be too strong for them this season, but I think they will have another solid season. "W"

Let me know what you think.

Fear The Fox...

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Re: Dutch Fork Schedule 2022- Thoughts

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

* Hough NC- The only possible issue would be the fact that it is an away game and maybe some of the "local zebras" will remember Coach from his NC days and drop a couple extra flags in key moments. "W" but it could be close.

* Spartanburg- The Silver Foxes will control this one from the opening kick off. While I expect the Vikings to be a good team this season, I do not see them competing with DF for more than a quarter. "W"

* Creekside GA- From what I've read, this could be a good team and the Foxes are on the road again. I see a theme here... lot of travelling for you DF fans in August and September. I see the Foxes moving to 3-0. "W"

* Stratford- Not even close. "W"

* North Augusta- Again, not even close. "W"

* St Frances MD- Maxpreps likes St Frances as you can see:
# Team
1 St. John Bosco (CA)
2 Mater Dei (CA)
3 St. Frances Academy (MD)
4 IMG Academy (FL)
5 St. Thomas Aquinas (FL)

St Frances' Schedule:
Sat, 8/27 CANTON FREEDOM BOWL (Canton, OH) St. Frances Academy -vs- East St. Louis
Sat, 9/3 Away DeSoto TX
Thu, 9/15 Away Venice FL
Fri, 9/23 Away Dutch Fork, SC
Fri, 9/30 Away Kahuku HI
Fri, 10/28 Away Arundel (Gambrills, MD)
Fri, 11/4 Away St. Thomas More (Oakdale, CT)
Fri, 11/11 Home Clarkson North (Mississauga, AK)
Fri, 11/18 Home IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)

This one could be a great game to see in person... Maxpreps rankings give me a strong feeling that the Foxes will have to play a great game to pull out the win. While I would like to see SC represented, I think this one may be very difficult. "L"

If either of these games are less than a 3 TD margin, I would be very surprised!
* White Knoll-
* Chapin-
* River Bluff-
* Lexington-

I see 9-1 as the most likely finish, but with that big game being at Irmo, 10-0 and a National Ranking is possible! I would personally like to see the Foxes take down the private school and get that 10-0 season. I know some haters will say that Dutch Fork recruits players and is not a real public school and all that crazy hater talk, but to see a PUBLIC SCHOOL take on and beat one of those Football Powerhouses, to me, is a great win for SC football and I'd be happy!

This is (as always) subject to the regular disclaimers:
1. It's high school football and we are dealing with 16-18 year olds and keeping them focused is an issue in and of itself!
2. My opinion and $2.99 will get you a cup of coffee at the local QT and will likely be called crazy ramblings of an old man!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:48 pm
* Hough NC- The only possible issue would be the fact that it is an away game and maybe some of the "local zebras" will remember Coach from his NC days and drop a couple extra flags in key moments. "W" but it could be close.

* Spartanburg- The Silver Foxes will control this one from the opening kick off. While I expect the Vikings to be a good team this season, I do not see them competing with DF for more than a quarter. "W"

* Creekside GA- From what I've read, this could be a good team and the Foxes are on the road again. I see a theme here... lot of travelling for you DF fans in August and September. I see the Foxes moving to 3-0. "W"

* Stratford- Not even close. "W"

* North Augusta- Again, not even close. "W"

* St Frances MD- Maxpreps likes St Frances as you can see:
# Team
1 St. John Bosco (CA)
2 Mater Dei (CA)
3 St. Frances Academy (MD)
4 IMG Academy (FL)
5 St. Thomas Aquinas (FL)

St Frances' Schedule:
Sat, 8/27 CANTON FREEDOM BOWL (Canton, OH) St. Frances Academy -vs- East St. Louis
Sat, 9/3 Away DeSoto TX
Thu, 9/15 Away Venice FL
Fri, 9/23 Away Dutch Fork, SC
Fri, 9/30 Away Kahuku HI
Fri, 10/28 Away Arundel (Gambrills, MD)
Fri, 11/4 Away St. Thomas More (Oakdale, CT)
Fri, 11/11 Home Clarkson North (Mississauga, AK)
Fri, 11/18 Home IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)

This one could be a great game to see in person... Maxpreps rankings give me a strong feeling that the Foxes will have to play a great game to pull out the win. While I would like to see SC represented, I think this one may be very difficult. "L"

If either of these games are less than a 3 TD margin, I would be very surprised!
* White Knoll-
* Chapin-
* River Bluff-
* Lexington-

I see 9-1 as the most likely finish, but with that big game being at Irmo, 10-0 and a National Ranking is possible! I would personally like to see the Foxes take down the private school and get that 10-0 season. I know some haters will say that Dutch Fork recruits players and is not a real public school and all that crazy hater talk, but to see a PUBLIC SCHOOL take on and beat one of those Football Powerhouses, to me, is a great win for SC football and I'd be happy!

This is (as always) subject to the regular disclaimers:
1. It's high school football and we are dealing with 16-18 year olds and keeping them focused is an issue in and of itself!
2. My opinion and $2.99 will get you a cup of coffee at the local QT and will likely be called crazy ramblings of an old man!
Agreed. I think if the Foxes come out of the gate strong against those first three opponents, we may have a stellar season.

Fear The Fox...

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

DF will be ready to roll from the first game..9-1 or 10-0 seems to be about right

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

See only 4 games that you could consider a toss up.
And that’s if you consider the aspartame a toss up.
At worst DF goes 2-2 in those games . So 8-2 at worst but could undefeated again. Curious that DF is an underdog it’s first game . Wonder when was the last time that was the case. I think DFs strength last year was the run and they may have overused Green a little too much . They had a backup rb that was good as well. I would limit his reps until the playoffs. Then let him rip . They will go as he goes

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Spartanburg game

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:06 pm
Spartanburg game
DF is about 30 or 35 positions higher in the rankings than Hough on Maxpreps...must be a computer thing. I don't know if the Hough HC would bet against TK in an opening game.

Spartanburg will be better, but DF defense shut them down...was 42-0 when DF pulled the starters. It should be a better game, but not sure if Spartanburg has made up that much ground.

I could see DF making a run to the title game at 10-0 or 6-4...Knotts will have them ready. He has a couple solid QBs...two new WRs that look good as well as kids from the roster stepping up and several good RBs including a new underclassman. The defense is back almost to a player, with good subs. Like magic, but the gaps are filled each season.

Fear The Fox...

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

SCPrepTalk wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:14 pm
Seen the article on the pride and tradition page..he should play our region ..then he can whine.. :roll:

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

mikey wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:58 pm
SCPrepTalk wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:14 pm
Seen the article on the pride and tradition page..he should play our region ..then he can whine.. :roll:
I think he was just goading Gaffney a little...sour grapes...hey, its TK. How he rolls. Gaffney and Fort D I understand not jumping at the chance to play DF- their schedules are rugged. But a team like Byrnes or even DWD should have reached out to DF. Let's face it...two good teams with less than killer schedules. Spartanburg is like Rick Flair...they will step in the ring with anyone. But it will be good for DF to test against nationally ranked teams. The first step in tempering steel is....heat.

Fear The Fox...