Coaching Hot Seat 2022

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Tiger84
Conway Tigers

Coaching Hot Seat 2022

Post by Tiger84 »

What Coach/Coach's starts the 2022 football season on the Hot Seat???
AND GO.........................

ClemsonTigersFan
Timmonsville Whirlwinds

Re: Coaching Hot Seat 2022

Post by ClemsonTigersFan »

Tiger84 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:30 pm
What Coach/Coach's starts the 2022 football season on the Hot Seat???
AND GO.........................
Here's a few...

Hot Seats

Raymond Jennings (Darlington) - With Jennings as head coach, the Falcons have not won a game since a 10-9 victory over North Myrtle Beach on October 18, 2019. They are also projected to finish last in their region and have yet another losing record.

Ryan McDonnell (North Central) - Only being named Interim head coach already holds a strike against him, and the school has already stated that they will go through an actual, formal search process for a new head coach in 2023. His region has a few tough 2A opponents in Cheraw, Andrew Jackson, & Chesterfield. If North Central doesn't perform well this year, he could be demoted right back down to D-Coordinator.

Bobby Collins (South Pointe) - He left 3A Marlboro County (a school which has never had a shortage in size or talent) with a 7-22 (.318) record to go to the defending 4A State Champion South Pointe Stallions. Enough said.

Warm Seats

Bryon Abrams (Hemingway) - He was the O-Coordinator and play-caller for Bobby Collins during that 7-22 stretch, but I think his job is in the least danger of those on this list since Hemingway is a 1A school.

Ed Susi (Buford) - His first season as head coach of the Yellowjackets last year ended with a 1-7 record on MaxPreps, featuring a 14-12 win over Central-Pageland in Week Zero, a record-breaking 83-70 loss against region foe Chesterfield, and a 31-15 region loss to Cheraw.
(According to official game stats on MaxPreps, Cheraw RB Zay Brown ran for 317 yards on 38 carries and 4 TD's against Buford. Buford's defense allowed him to almost break Cheraw's long-standing school record for most rushing yards in a game, which Alex Gaston set two whole decades ago).
Last edited by ClemsonTigersFan on Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

No Fly Zone
Emerald Vikings

Post by No Fly Zone »

Emerald’s Tad Dubose

(I bet they’ll give him one more year but they have vastly underperformed under him…)

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

I would think that Russell Blackston at BHP would have some heat but apparently they are ok with being subpar with an outdated offense.

I also wonder if Earlys act at Westside is getting thin
They really haven’t had the level of success that I think they expected with him. Add in that Hanna has ran the show over there and you would think the grumbling would start.

Cover Three
No Team Affiliation

Post by Cover Three »

No Fly Zone wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:06 pm
Emerald’s Tad Dubose

(I bet they’ll give him one more year but they have vastly underperformed under him…)
Really not sure what the issue is at Emerald. I guess we will see what they do this year since the last two years, everybody can fall back on the Covid excuse. But have seen the same act at Emerald all the way back to their 4A days. Always had size up front and great talent at the skill positions. In fact a couple years on 3A they had enough talent to win it all. But did nothing with it, and if they even.made the playoffs were out early. If they ever find somebody that can get them on the right track, or an administration that gets serious about football, they could be hard to handle.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

Cover Three wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:50 pm
No Fly Zone wrote:
Emerald’s Tad Dubose

Really not sure what the issue is at Emerald. I guess we will see what they do this year since the last two years, everybody can fall back on the Covid excuse. But have seen the same act at Emerald all the way back to their 4A days. Always had size up front and great talent at the skill positions. In fact a couple years on 3A they had enough talent to win it all. But did nothing with it, and if they even.made the playoffs were out early. If they ever find somebody that can get them on the right track, or an administration that gets serious about football, they could be hard to handle.
Emerald has never been 4A. Greenwood has gone from 5A back to 4A.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

eagle93 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:34 am
Cover Three wrote:
No Fly Zone wrote:
Emerald’s Tad Dubose

Emerald has never been 4A. Greenwood has gone from 5A back to 4A.
Emerald went from 2a to 3a in 2012

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

not sure there is a "hot seat" in high school, besides on here

No Fly Zone
Emerald Vikings

Post by No Fly Zone »

Cover Three wrote:
No Fly Zone wrote:
Emerald’s Tad Dubose

They had a great run in 2014. Beat Abbeville something like 30-0. Had five D1 players on defense. Upset Kelly Bryant at Wren in the playoffs. Went to the 3A upper state semis and lost to an AC Flora team that should’ve been 4A. Mac ran off some good assistants and things went south.

Greenwood getting Liner back in there hurt them a lot because kids started going back to GHS. They were able to poach a few from Greenwood when Pippin was over there.

Things are worse with Tad than they were with Mac and that says a ton.

I think the district will turn Emerald into a 9th grade academy soon. Greenwood would be absolutely loaded if so.

ClemsonTigersFan
Timmonsville Whirlwinds

Post by ClemsonTigersFan »

Onion Rings wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:07 pm
not sure there is a "hot seat" in high school, besides on here
Even if you think a high school coaching hot seat doesn't exist, it's an interesting point of discussion though isn't it?