5A quarterfinals…don’t be shy..

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: 5A quarterfinals…don’t be shy..

Post by DFOLDMAN »

At this stage of the playoffs with teams that are fairly evenly matched it always comes down to the fundamentals. Blocking and tackling...line performance usually plays the most important part at this juncture. Dorman was said to have the best OL in the state and Dutch Fork DL was up to the task. In all the games remaining in the playoffs...the team that gets the best play from their lines will likely win. DF is healthy on the OL again, so that helps. DF has been able (well out of necessity due to injuries earlier) to develop quality depth across both the OL and DL. We will have to wait and see how it goes.

Fear The Fox...

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

mikey wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:13 am
See..u just needed to let it out..lol
I think you are right Mikey. I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning just itching to open my toys. Come on 7:30pm.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:36 am
At this stage of the playoffs with teams that are fairly evenly matched it always comes down to the fundamentals. Blocking and tackling...line performance usually plays the most important part at this juncture. Dorman was said to have the best OL in the state and Dutch Fork DL was up to the task. In all the games remaining in the playoffs...the team that gets the best play from their lines will likely win. DF is healthy on the OL again, so that helps. DF has been able (well out of necessity due to injuries earlier) to develop quality depth across both the OL and DL. We will have to wait and see how it goes.

Fear The Fox...
Why does that not surprise me…probably the best units in the state..right? ;)

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

mikey wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:11 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Fear The Fox...
Not saying DF's are the best....Dorman on paper is said to have the best OL...several teams may have more talented DLs. DF has quality tested depth on both the OL and DL and that helps...the DL probably has 8 or 9 guys they shuffle in and out so they have a fresh lineman out there, maybe a little undersized but fast, strong and well-coached...wears on the opposing OL. DF OL is disciplined and they use the TEs really well in the blocking schemes. WRs block well too and plays a part but the OL has done a good job so far, even when they had some injuries. Solid depth. Just have to see how they do. Never know when it comes to teenagers.

Fear The Fox...

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:25 am
mikey wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:11 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Fear The Fox...
Not saying DF's are the best....Dorman on paper is said to have the best OL...several teams may have more talented DLs. DF has quality tested depth on both the OL and DL and that helps...the DL probably has 8 or 9 guys they shuffle in and out so they have a fresh lineman out there, maybe a little undersized but fast, strong and well-coached...wears on the opposing OL. DF OL is disciplined and they use the TEs really well in the blocking schemes. WRs block well too and plays a part but the OL has done a good job so far, even when they had some injuries. Solid depth. Just have to see how they do. Never know when it comes to teenagers.

Fear The Fox...
That scoop of pre work out does wonders in the second half.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

Doesn’t look real good for the vikes right now 42-7 before half yikes 😬

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Silverfox92 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:58 pm
Doesn’t look real good for the vikes right now 42-7 before half yikes 😬

Them durn Vike’s…thought they had something for ya..

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

GoBigGreen wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:14 am
DF over The Vikings. They are at home and almost impossible to beat at their place. Sort of like playing at The Reservation. I see Gaffney beating The Rebels setting up the rematch of last years state championship game at Gaffney on Turkey Day Friday. In the lower state I really was surprised with how easily Carolina Forest took care of The Gators last week. FD is prone to upsets in the playoffs so this game could be interesting. I however have to go with FD at home but will be pulling for CF as this is the only way Summerville gets another home game this year AND I really don't like FD :mrgreen: . And last but not least, the rematch between Summerville and Sumter. In the first game earlier this year, Sumter beat my Wave 16-0. Summerville played their worst game of the season with way too many turnovers and missed scoring opportunities. Sumter is fast! Our speed usually wins us games but Sumter had one player who played both ways which hurt us all night on both sides of the ball. You have to believe Summerville looked at the game tape for Sumters following game in which they lost 28-0 to 2A Oceanside Collegate. How? To no one's surprise, I am picking Summerville to avenge their earlier loss to The Gamecocks setting up an epic rematch at FD for the lower state championship on Turkey Day Friday. So there it is, I no longer suck...feeling much better.
We have our winner..congrats GBG and the green wave..

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Thanks mikey. And congrats to the Indians as well. Now the big rematch of last years 5A championship against Dutch Fork. But this time it is at the Reservation. Going to be crazy! We are at Fort D which will be rocking as well. Another rematch....