Northwestern v Greenville

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
sparked_up
Northwestern Trojans

Northwestern v Greenville

Post by sparked_up »

Curious what others know about Greenville. I am aware of their top flight receivers. Looks like their two highest volume running backs haven’t played in a month or more. Seem to have benefited from a lot of turnovers in games we would have in common; Westside, Greenwood, Southpointe, Catawba Ridge. I expect a good game, just not sure about there defense.

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Re: Northwestern v Greenville

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Northwestern highlights vs. Westside

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Northwestern highlights vs. Westside

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Greenville highlights vs. Catawba Ridge

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Greenville highights vs. Catawba Ridge

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

It may take 50 to win this one. Maybe more. Riding the Trojan Wave in this one.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Penguin wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:44 pm
It may take 50 to win this one. Maybe more. Riding the Trojan Wave in this one.
It may take 50 to be leading at halftime!

I've seen both teams and I expect, like Penguin, to see a lot of points put up in this game. [Watch it, the final will be 3-0 in OT!] Greenville will have a good crowd supporting them and they like to play WIDE OPEN and as you mention, they have some good talent in the WR and RB positions. There is speed all over the place and they do cause turnovers. The one area that I would give the nod to Northwestern is DISCIPLINE. Sometimes the speed causes players to forget their assignments and try to over pursue the play and they get out of position.

Last edited by Rebel-Fan-74 on Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

MrFootball68
Greenwood Eagles

Post by MrFootball68 »

NW used to play great defense. Now no one wants to play defense. 7 on 7 culture.

Redraider66
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Redraider66 »

It’ll be interesting to see NW play a second half of football in the postseason. In each of their playoff games they’ve had a running clock in the second half, so it’ll be interesting to see them have to compete in the second half

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

sparked_up wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:08 pm
Curious what others know about Greenville. I am aware of their top flight receivers. Looks like their two highest volume running backs haven’t played in a month or more. Seem to have benefited from a lot of turnovers in games we would have in common; Westside, Greenwood, Southpointe, Catawba Ridge. I expect a good game, just not sure about there defense.
The only think I can say probably isn't relevant at this point in the season because I only saw them play against Dorman in their first game of the season.

Like I said, it was forever a go but what I saw that night is that if you could get any kind of pressure on the QB his accuracy dropped WAY off.

Everyone and their grandmother will come back pointing out that it was one game at the beginning of the season despite my two disclaimers but oh well, that's what I noticed in the one Greenville game I saw. Seems like that's not them at this point.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson