SF Band Dad: There's a rumor going around

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: SF Band Dad: There's a rumor going around

Post by SF Band dad »

WhoDat wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:33 pm
He doesn’t have to say they’re recruiting, everyone knows including the corrupt HSL. What he didn’t do is deny that they were.
He wasn't asked about recruiting, he was asked about the high number of student athletes transferring to South Florence.

Hmmm, Why might that be?
:arrow: 4A Football state champions
:arrow: 4A Strength state champions
:arrow: 4A Atheletic Director of the year
:arrow: SCACA Football coach of the year
:arrow: SCHSSCA 4A Strength and Conditioning coach of the year.

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

Buckees recruiting money
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

WhoDat
No Team Affiliation

Post by WhoDat »

Hmmm... Interesting that you decided to have this debate over three separate messages rather than one, but anyhow, buckle up buttercup (or is that an offensive figure of speech as well?).

Several things:

1) You are incorrect with your statement about the ADM. The numbers listed by the state department are an actual representation of each school's enrollment numbers-no need for adjustments. Districts have been known to manipulate numbers in their favor throughout the years though.

Nevertheless, since you mentioned Darlington County-Hartsville's ADM numbers already include their student athletes that attend Mayo for academics.

Speaking of Hartsville, did you know that in R6-4A the enrollment numbers have a huge gap between: West Florence (1,807), South Florence (1,643-which I still believe is inaccurate), NMB (1,643), MB (1,633), Wilson (1,365), Hartsville (1,133)?

WF-Hartsville= 674 student gap
SF/NMB-Hartsville= 510 student gap
MB-Hartsville= 500 student gap
Wilson-Hartsville=232 student gap

The closest region school to Hartsville still has 232 more students, which is manageable, but not compared to the other 4 schools with 500+ more students. This is basically a 2A-3A size school difference.

2) Does it really have to be spelled out for you kool-aid drinkers that they are recruiting? High number of athletes transferring in=recruiting. He's promising these kids things that he never plans on following through with. I mean come on, it's Florence.

The "accomplishments" you are boasting about are purely political at best with the AD/Coach of the year awards. Everyone knows this is a "participation trophy" environment. This is simply a "who's turn is it this year" good ol' boy system. Some coaches that actually deserve these awards occasionally receive them, but oftentimes they do not. Coach Calabrese should get coach of the year for having to play these bigger schools each year in the region and still giving them a fit.

As far as specifically to your AD and HFC-neither of them care about the kids or anyone else around them. It's all about themselves. Why would they both actively recruit kids from other schools? Why would Marlowe go on several interviews and not tell his staff of his intentions, rather they find out from other sources? Marlowe played the district to get his pay day and will play them again when he has the opportunity to bolt to Sumter.

I will throw you a bone and say that the strength coach deserved to get that SCOY award because he does a great job-that's a big reason for success. However, despite that fact, the reason SF was able to achieve the team state strength championship was due to an ineligible player from Marion that was already strong and came a month prior to the event taking place. We've already discussed how your football "championship" was decided-you had a QB that was fortunate to stay healthy all season and you played down a classification. The level of competition is down in 4A-everyone knows it.

3) You're a former Navy guy who promised to uphold and defend the Constitution so you shouldn't be so easily butt hurt at 1st Amendment protected activities such as the freedom of speech. Opinions are like belly buttons, we all have them. Personal attack(s) indicate more than one. Prior to this message I referred to you as a bootlicker. Go back and review other posters and things that have been said that were much worse.

However, if you feel you need your safe space to process this communication and are intending on having this response/post deleted because you can't handle a rebuttal, then you should probably go work for Target, Barnes & Noble, or any other woke establishment that caters to snowflakes. The real reason you want to delete this is because you know that you're wrong and don't want the facts to be published.
Couldn’t find a meter, but here’s 4 bucks!

AngryMax
No Team Affiliation

Post by AngryMax »

WhoDat wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:45 pm

3) You're a former Navy guy who promised to uphold and defend the Constitution so you shouldn't be so easily butt hurt at 1st Amendment protected activities such as the freedom of speech. Opinions are like belly buttons, we all have them. Personal attack(s) indicate more than one. Prior to this message I referred to you as a bootlicker. Go back and review other posters and things that have been said that were much worse.

However, if you feel you need your safe space to process this communication and are intending on having this response/post deleted because you can't handle a rebuttal, then you should probably go work for Target, Barnes & Noble, or any other woke establishment that caters to snowflakes. The real reason you want to delete this is because you know that you're wrong and don't want the facts to be published.
The First Amendment has absolutely nothing to do with being banned from a message board for breaking its rules.

WhoDat
No Team Affiliation

Post by WhoDat »

AngryMax wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:20 pm
WhoDat wrote:

The First Amendment has absolutely nothing to do with being banned from a message board for breaking its rules.
Which rule did I break that hasn’t been done by other users on this forum that are still here posting?
Should it be sensitive angry max?

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

WhoDat wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:02 pm
AngryMax wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:20 pm
WhoDat wrote:

Which rule did I break that hasn’t been done by other users on this forum that are still here posting?
Should it be sensitive angry max?
The Great Greasley Censor ...it's real....lol. You two play nice...or nice-ish. A little ire keeps it lively...

Fear The Fox...

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

High number of athletes transferring in=recruiting.

That is not necessarily true...

A lot of schools are growing, so that doesn't necessarily mean they are recruiting. Many parents move to get their kids to schools and for many different reasons, athletics, academics, band, new jobs, for many reasons that have nothing to do with football. The "breaking the rules" that folks are mentioning are bashing the coach, not bashing another poster. Unless you have some proof that the coach is actually recruiting, all you have are innuendos and your feelings. I have ZERO idea if the coach is recruiting or not; but you better believe, before I would accuse him, I'd have some FACTS.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

WhoDat
No Team Affiliation

Post by WhoDat »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:31 pm
High number of athletes transferring in=recruiting.

That is not necessarily true...

A lot of schools are growing, so that doesn't necessarily mean they are recruiting. Many parents move to get their kids to schools and for many different reasons, athletics, academics, band, new jobs, for many reasons that have nothing to do with football. The "breaking the rules" that folks are mentioning are bashing the coach, not bashing another poster. Unless you have some proof that the coach is actually recruiting, all you have are innuendos and your feelings. I have ZERO idea if the coach is recruiting or not; but you better believe, before I would accuse him, I'd have some FACTS.
Yeah because we all know Burns has never recruited, especially in the Bentley era (insert sarcasm here). Yeah I don’t think old man slick would even approve of that statement-see how he handles the snowflakes on this board.
As far as proof there is plenty to go around in this case and it will all hit in due time- booster club recruiting kids by sending Twitter messages, the AD giving parents/players of other schools personal tours of the campus, a parent being given a job at the school and coaching positions for his son to play, _________ promising kids college offers yet he never mentions them to schools that come through.
Additionally, their staff that brag about the recruiting they’re doing and getting away with currently. I mean look at how smug Barnes Jr. was in his interview.
Pot please don’t call this kettle black… smh

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

WhoDat wrote:
1) You are incorrect with your statement about the ADM. The numbers listed by the state department are an actual representation of each school's enrollment numbers-no need for adjustments. Districts have been known to manipulate numbers in their favor throughout the years though.

Nevertheless, since you mentioned Darlington County-Hartsville's ADM numbers already include their student athletes that attend Mayo for academics.

Speaking of Hartsville, did you know that in R6-4A the enrollment numbers have a huge gap between: West Florence (1,807), South Florence (1,643-which I still believe is inaccurate), NMB (1,643), MB (1,633), Wilson (1,365), Hartsville (1,133)?

WF-Hartsville= 674 student gap
SF/NMB-Hartsville= 510 student gap
MB-Hartsville= 500 student gap
Wilson-Hartsville=232 student gap

The closest region school to Hartsville still has 232 more students, which is manageable, but not compared to the other 4 schools with 500+ more students. This is basically a 2A-3A size school difference.
And I think you are incorrect. I checked the Dept. of Ed. 135-ADM numbers of all the Darlington county high schools, Mayo is listed separately. I'm pretty sure that is why you are seeing such low numbers for Hartsville, the Mayo students haven't been allocated back. Dutch Fork's DOE 135-ADM is 1,715.47, without the students from Spring Hill added back. That would make them 4A.

I've sent a request to the HSL for the numbers they used. I'll be interested to see if they reply, or if I have to do a formal FOIA request.
WhoDat wrote:
2) Does it really have to be spelled out for you kool-aid drinkers that they are recruiting? High number of athletes transferring in=recruiting. He's promising these kids things that he never plans on following through with. I mean come on, it's Florence.
Students transferring in does not necessarily mean anyone is recruiting. Almost every home or apartment buyer considers what school(s) they want their children to go to. Any realtor will tell you that is one of the first questions people will ask, and they often make the school zone a specific criteria in their property search. Some may choose school A because of the academic success, others choose school B because of their athletic success.

I know for a fact there are some private and youth coaches, and boosters that steer parents and kids to the schools they think have superior programs, but I doubt we have many HS coaches actively pursuing prospects outside of their attendance zone.

In previous years, SF has been on the losing end of the transfer portal. In every case I'm aware of, there was no recruiting involved, it was a parent and/or student that disagreed with a coach's decisions, and thought they would be better off elsewhere.
WhoDat wrote:
SF was able to achieve the team state strength championship was due to an ineligible player from Marion that was already strong and came a month prior to the event taking place.
Do you have any proof or evidence that he's ineligible? If so, post it, before he starts playing in football games for us.

WhoDat wrote:
We've already discussed how your football "championship" was decided-you had a QB that was fortunate to stay healthy all season
I'll concede that point, and add that ALL of the teams that won a state championship were fortunate to have a QB or RB that stayed healthy.
WhoDat wrote:
and you played down a classification. The level of competition is down in 4A-everyone knows it.
Asked and answered, delusional, move on.
WhoDat wrote:

The 1st Amendment doesn't apply, this is a private website, not a government entity. Posting here is a privilege, conveyed to us by the site owner.

I didn't moderate or delete any of your comments because:
1) They were directed at me. If you had posted those comments to any of our other members I would have put on my moderator hat.
2) I wanted your idiocy and childishness to remain on full display.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

WhoDat wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:48 pm
RF-74 is correct, some of your comments about SF's head coach have crossed the line. Criticism is one thing, but some of your comments have crossed the line into slander. I am reconsidering my decision to leave your comments up, un-edited.

If you have any proof or evidence, post it.