Congratulations to the Rebels

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
mikey
Gaffney Indians

Re: Congratulations to the Rebels

Post by mikey »

casualfan wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:10 pm
Colbyc36 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:27 am
casualfan wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:12 am
I went to this game, as a neutral “casualfan”,,, and I gotta say, it was very sloppy for a week 10 game. Normally you don’t see all the false starts, encroachment type fouls by 2 teams in the last regular season game. Very sloppy,…. Hard to blame officials for stuff like that. I actually thought it was a very well officiated game, just as a neutral observer.
You wouldn't happen to be an "official" would you? Just asking for a friend...
Key words like "neutral" and "casual"....might as well throw in "metro-sexual"....
Nah, no thanks on that one. Officiating is a THANKLESS job for sure. No way in hell that I would want to do the job that those guys and gals do. Think about it. Fans are the first ones to start chirping about the officiating. They love to hammer those zebras with everything they got. Nevermind the interceptions that were thrown. Nevermind the fumbles that happened. What about about all the missed tackles and blown assignments??? Nope, its the ZEBRA'S fault... No way I'd want THAT job.....

But as a neutral observer..... I truly thought those guys did a decent job last night. Especially the white hat. I love it when they have a microphone on. And it's even better when the guy or gal using it actually communicates well with what is happening. Like last night when they called HURDLING.... I don't even know what that is. But the white hat explained it perfectly and the fact that Byrnes was taking the 15 yard penalty on the kickoff. Which means.... (I guess) that they COULD have taken the points off the board, 1/2 the distance, and then tried for the TD instead of settling for a FG....

Most of all,,,, I just love football. And this is the best time of year. The playoffs are going to be STELLAR......
Don’t think anyone blamed the ref’s last night…at least not on the Gaffney side…but I get your point…we were just talking about some observations from last night..

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

Victory6
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Victory6 »

Congratulation Rebels!!....If Gaffney didn't have so many turnovers y'all would have gotten blown out, that's what Mikey would say!! :lol:
"Spartan High"

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Victory6 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:20 am
Congratulation Rebels!!....If Gaffney didn't have so many turnovers y'all would have gotten blown out, that's what Mikey would say!! :lol:
Actually, mikey said
mikey wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:25 pm
Better team tonight won ..by better team I mean from the sideline/coaches to the player makers..

Dumb and dumber strike again imo.. :roll:
mikey recognized the SUPERIOR TEAM :lol:

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Victory6
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Victory6 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:29 am
Victory6 wrote:
Actually, mikey said
mikey wrote:
Better team tonight won ..by better team I mean from the sideline/coaches to the player makers..

Now...Now...Mikey no you didn't. Coaches are coaches and the players are the team. You're trying to blame the coaches and the person with the air horn for Gaffney getting blown out!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Shame on you.
"Spartan High"

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Victory6 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:22 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
Actually, mikey said
mikey wrote:

Now...Now...Mikey no you didn't. Coaches are coaches and the players are the team. You're trying to blame the coaches and the person with the air horn for Gaffney getting blown out!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Shame on you.
I don’t know where you get that from… :? From this and your on and on over my Spartanburg comments, I don’t think reading comprehension is taught at SHS…I’m not like you Viking fans…I can let a loss go and move on..not stay butt hurt for 2 weeks…Sounds sorta like you still upset about that L.. :lol: :roll: ..and o yea..I never mentioned the air horn,that was the Rebelettes.. :lol:
>>GOTRIBE >>>

Colbyc36
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Colbyc36 »

mikey wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:41 pm
Victory6 wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
Actually, mikey said
mikey wrote:

I don’t know where you get that from… :? From this and your on and on over my Spartanburg comments, I don’t think reading comprehension is taught at SHS…I’m not like you Viking fans…I can let a loss go and move on..not stay butt hurt for 2 weeks…Sounds sorta like you still upset about that L.. :lol: :roll: ..and o yea..I never mentioned the air horn,that was the Rebelettes.. :lol:
>>GOTRIBE >>>
He's right Byrd. It was me bitching about the air horns.
"We opened the door to everyone. Its over."
-Tom Knotts

Victory6
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Victory6 »

mikey wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
Actually, mikey said
mikey wrote:

>>GOTRIBE >>>
Definitely not butt hurt over the Vikings loss to Gaffney. I think it was you who was butt hurt because Gaffney barely won after Spartanburg gave them the game. Why else would you make a dumb statement about it should've been a blowout? Every game in Region II 5A has been close, anyone who's been paying attention knows that. You're comments about Spartanburg are comical at best!! ;)
"Spartan High"

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Victory6 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:20 pm
mikey wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
Actually, mikey said
mikey wrote:

>>GOTRIBE >>>
Definitely not butt hurt over the Vikings loss to Gaffney. I think it was you who was butt hurt because Gaffney barely won after Spartanburg gave them the game. Why else would you make a dumb statement about it should've been a blowout? Every game in Region II 5A has been close, anyone who's been paying attention knows that. You're comments about Spartanburg are comical at best!! ;)
What ever..like I said…Reading comprehension..it’s a wonderful thing..

Should’a = should have
Could’a= could have

Now let’s review..

U seen it bro..quit trying to make it sound like you shoulda won…it could have easily been a blowout and you damn well know it..I gave y’all credit for the goal line D..

Class dismissed..

Victory6
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Victory6 »

mikey wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:07 pm
Victory6 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:20 pm
mikey wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
Actually, mikey said
mikey wrote:

>>GOTRIBE >>>
What ever..like I said…Reading comprehension..it’s a wonderful thing..

Should’a = should have
Could’a= could have

Now let’s review..

U seen it bro..quit trying to make it sound like you shoulda won…it could have easily been a blowout and you damn well know it..I gave y’all credit for the goal line D..

Class dismissed..
:roll: :roll: :roll: ............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing and what i got out of your statement above is YOU thought Gaffney Could’a= could have blown Spartanburg out.....it's still sound comical to me because Gaffney couldn't have blown NO Region II 5A team out. They have 1 good running back #2 and 1 good receiver #5, their Qb is average. And i will make this argument for any team in our region. The only team Gaffney could blowout was Lil ole Union. How can a person who watched their team get blown out by a 4A team think their team can blowout a 5A team who's giving up 16pt on defense? :shock:

I think you need to take some winter classes!! ;)
"Spartan High"