Transfer Portal

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by DFOLDMAN »

mikey wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:32 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:49 pm
Blister wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:15 pm
Seems to be the new tradition at Gaffney. With all the talent they always have on hand, one would think they could develop their own QB. Apparently not. First they went and got the kid from Blue Ridge that is now at Duke. Then last year went and got the kid from Gray (but in a way that must be some type of karma). Now this kid rolling in. Almost amazing that folks can just pack up and move to Gaffney just like that.
Yeah it seems like QB's always find a way to Gaffney 😂, speaking of Region 2 my buddy told me Byrnes is having some of their best players leave. I wonder if they're going to Gaffney as well.
I heard Westside..
DF doesn't recruit....it's magic. Silver Foxes have a gap at some position and the right player just appears. Magic not recruiting.

Fear The Fox...

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

I wonder if there is any immediate monetary influence in these transfers.

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

Wildstallion2 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:53 am

Who know's, I'm sure it's just parents trying to do what they think is right for their kids

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

mikey wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:47 am
Greerfan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:45 pm
mikey wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:32 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:49 pm
Blister wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:15 pm
Seems to be the new tradition at Gaffney. With all the talent they always have on hand, one would think they could develop their own QB. Apparently not. First they went and got the kid from Blue Ridge that is now at Duke. Then last year went and got the kid from Gray (but in a way that must be some type of karma). Now this kid rolling in. Almost amazing that folks can just pack up and move to Gaffney just like that.
Yeah it seems like QB's always find a way to Gaffney 😂, speaking of Region 2 my buddy told me Byrnes is having some of their best players leave. I wonder if they're going to Gaffney as well.
I heard Westside..
I heard that as well ( 3 Byrnes going there ) but I also heard Hough ( NC ) could be an option as well.
I can understand why a kid from a lower classification would want to transfer to a larger school..more exposure and level of competition..but in the case, for example, of the Byrnes players…maybe it’s coaching but I think they’re Lebroners( ring chasers)..
I get that, I'm sure we will see a ton of that this off season

Fan4awhile
No Team Affiliation

Post by Fan4awhile »

Wildstallion2 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:53 am
Mckinny-vento