Daniel vs J.L. Mann

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: Daniel vs J.L. Mann

Post by Ddub14 »

8timechamps wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:51 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:43 pm
stretch wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:08 pm
Lions lose 28-23. I was proud of the fight we put up down the stretch it was 28-10 at one point and we had a shot at the end. Play calling and OL play was the killer at the end but we won’t have to face a team that is good as this team until the playoffs. We get an off week next week and then we gotta pick it back up for Clinton coming to town.
Good win by Mann aka the Greenville county alll stars.
Daniel coaching staff let their team down tonight.
Poor decision not kicking the ball in the end zone cost them 21 points. Poor use of timeouts. Last drive with 5 to go Daniel had it 1st and 10 at their 28 by running the ball and decided to start throwing getting sacked twice .
46 game regular season win streak snapped
17 game and states longest win streak snapped
Oh well 2nd loss this decade.
We will be better at the end of the year because of this game.
Hard to blame on the coaches when Mann is 10x more physically talented and we lose by 5.. Coaching and scheme is the only reason we didn’t lost by 45 tonight in my opinion... Talent wise we didn’t belong on the same field.. Usually agree with your take, but can’t blame tonight on the coaches when coaching is the only reason it was close at all. Some questionable decisions, specifically with timeouts but coaching is the only reason Daniel doesn’t get boat raced out of the stadium tonight (and in a lot of their bigger games)

Those two sacks are bad, but if get the 2 point conversation that’s wide open the drive before (coaching had it wide open), then all we need is a field goal at the end and we are having a whole different conversation about the coaching staff
Wait a second we have a kicker going to Furman . Was the 4A special team player of the week . Can put it into the end zone off kickoffs almost every time and yet they kicked it short 4/5 times we kicked off. One led to a kick return for a Td . Two others had them starting at the 50 including the opening 2nd half kickoff. The last one which was the worst kind of kick was returned to putt our 40 and we were bailed out by an interception . You’re telling me that’s not a coaching decision because I’ve seen us do this the last 5 years. We have a weapon and didn’t use it properly.
Tell me I’m wrong because 100% of the people in the stands were saying the same thing.

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

The kickoff deal I don’t get anymore. When we didn’t have a kicker that could put it in the end zone every time it made sense to kinda keep teams on their toes but now it’s hardly ever a positive for us.

Definitely think against region teams it could work because of the talent gap but against a team with as much talent as Mann we shouldn’t be doing that.

Only other grievance I have is the missed tackles. So many plays Mann got an extra few yards and early we had the QB wrapped up but he escaped and set the team up for a TD. The last thing that really cost us is the horrendous PI call on 3rd and long. Little things were killers but these things will make the team better.
Go Daniel Lions!!

DDub3
Daniel Lions

Post by DDub3 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:59 pm
8timechamps wrote:
Ddub14 wrote:
stretch wrote:
Lions lose 28-23. I was proud of the fight we put up down the stretch it was 28-10 at one point and we had a shot at the end. Play calling and OL play was the killer at the end but we won’t have to face a team that is good as this team until the playoffs. We get an off week next week and then we gotta pick it back up for Clinton coming to town.
Poor decision not kicking the ball in the end zone cost them 21 points. Poor use of timeouts. Last drive with 5 to go Daniel had it 1st and 10 at their 28 by running the ball and decided to start throwing getting sacked twice .
Hard to blame on the coaches when Mann is 10x more physically talented and we lose by 5.. Coaching and scheme is the only reason we didn’t lost by 45 tonight in my opinion... Talent wise we didn’t belong on the same field.. Usually agree with your take, but can’t blame tonight on the coaches when coaching is the only reason it was close at all. Some questionable decisions, specifically with timeouts but coaching is the only reason Daniel doesn’t get boat raced out of the stadium tonight (and in a lot of their bigger games)

Those two sacks are bad, but if get the 2 point conversation that’s wide open the drive before (coaching had it wide open), then all we need is a field goal at the end and we are having a whole different conversation about the coaching staff
Wait a second we have a kicker going to Furman . Was the 4A special team player of the week . Can put it into the end zone off kickoffs almost every time and yet they kicked it short 4/5 times we kicked off. One led to a kick return for a Td . Two others had them starting at the 50 including the opening 2nd half kickoff. The last one which was the worst kind of kick was returned to putt our 40 and we were bailed out by an interception . You’re telling me that’s not a coaching decision because I’ve seen us do this the last 5 years. We have a weapon and didn’t use it properly.
Tell me I’m wrong because 100% of the people in the stands were saying the same thing.
From what I understand, the kid has a big leg but just really struggles with consistency in getting it into the end zone. I mean he hit a 48-yarder in week one then missed two easier field goals. You could see the staff was really upset with whatever that last kickoff was.

8timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 8timechamps »

DDub3 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:15 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:59 pm
8timechamps wrote:
Ddub14 wrote:
stretch wrote:

From what I understand, the kid has a big leg but just really struggles with consistency in getting it into the end zone. I mean he hit a 48-yarder in week one then missed two easier field goals. You could see the staff was really upset with whatever that last kickoff was.

This isn’t rocket science, the two kicks that they returned from deep were clearly coached to be touchbacks, and he wasn’t able to get them into the end zone. Which makes sense why they then kicked short afterwards. The last one they returned went deep and it didn’t get into the end zone, and the kicker gets chewed out by the coaches both times. He’s inconsistent and i’m going to go off on a limb and say the coaches didn’t tell him to kick to the 15 yard line to their best player, then chew him out for it?
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Dang it D. Wistar all I wanted was for y’all to beat Mann… disappointing.
All kidding aside, it must have been a good game. Now looking at 4A … South Florence is not the same booger man as we thought. Go tangle with Westside and give them what for…

Fear The Fox…

Chief Whoa
Gaffney Indians

Post by Chief Whoa »

I know that you Daniel boys can offend people but I sincerely hope your team shook hands after the game and got out of there and on the bus as quickly as they could before Mann tried recruiting them!
284 INDIANS GAMES IN A ROW AND COUNTING!

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

A lot of teams seemed to have byes this week, I am sure the recruiting lounge was open for official visits last night.