Realignment

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Re: Realignment

Post by Tigerific »

They need to let things fall where they may and go with it. Conway was just outside the top 40 but got bumped up because of Carolina Forest. Socastee also. I know for a fact there was 10-12 schools with larger enrollment than Conway playing 4A. Either use the top 32 or go back to 48 to 52 like the old days and split the playoffs.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Tigerific wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:10 pm
They need to let things fall where they may and go with it. Conway was just outside the top 40 but got bumped up because of Carolina Forest. Socastee also. I know for a fact there was 10-12 schools with larger enrollment than Conway playing 4A. Either use the top 32 or go back to 48 to 52 like the old days and split the playoffs.
Coach Jordan had the best idea, but yeah, you know.....

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

bringthewood wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:25 pm
Tigerific wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:10 pm
Coach Jordan had the best idea, but yeah, you know.....
A lot of people liked Coach Jordan’s 3 class plan but the SCHSL won’t do it because of ego. This state is too small for 5A. Really all the did was eliminate the division 2 championship which put everyone outside the top 15 maybe 20 at a big disadvantage. We had the big 16 forty years for a reason. The best we can hope for is 5A is split or wait till CF is split. It’s coming but will be 4 to 5 years to get plans and built. They haven’t even bought the land yet. CF is way over capacity at around 3300 so if it’s evenly split both will be 5A right out the gate.