Byrnes vs Greer

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Re: Byrnes vs Greer

Post by Greerfan1 »

ByrnesRebels05 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:16 am
Greerfan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:36 pm
Deputy wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:23 pm
Byrnes should win as I think they have more talent, but you never know. Byrnes is now a far cry from their time as an elite high school power.
You're exactly right, but maybe it's the nostalgia of all those great Byrnes teams from the last 20 years but if we beat them Friday it will feel like we beat all of those teams we never could beat
A lot of the Byrnes faithful may be quietly pulling for Greer just a little bit come Friday night. Byrnes has lost that IT we used to have, not sure the current regime can find that.
Yikes I didn't know that about the running back, hate that for him, loved watching him in the Byrnes videos last season.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Re: Byrnes vs Greer

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:44 am
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 7:15 pm
We lost two games to VERY good teams at their place and we were without some key players.

I think the Rebels come off the BYE Week healthy and ready to go. I'm not saying we will win big, but unless the Jackets can stop the run, it will be a quick game!

REBELS.....35
JACKETS.. 14
Not sure I would say Hanna is "very good" and Irmo is definitely missing their RB from last season....regardless Greer is getting a beat down from the Rebel Nation.

Fear The Fox...
I've not seen them in person; however, MAXPREPS & MASSEY still has Irmo at #4 in the state and T L Hanna is #6 & #11 in those polls.

I can see T L Hanna having a shot at second or third in Region One, they get both JL Mann and Hillcrest at home and while HOME FIELD advantage is not HUGE at T L Hanna, it's something.

And Irmo could come calling at the Silver Fox Den on November 1st with both of you undefeated, playing for the Region Championship, that is if you could both get by White Knoll.....

- * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -
NAS Sigonella ... USS VOGE (FF 1047)
NAS Sigonella ... MCRD Parris Island
. . . USS BELLEAU WOOD (LHA 3)
SIMA Newport ...USS HUE CITY (CG 66)

- * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -