Discipline

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Re: Discipline

Post by HoodRoad »

Not sure about discipline when they get back to their home but on the sidelines some coaches still pick and choose who or when to hand out discipline via cussing tirades and threats. It's pretty pathetic. If you've got a few TDs or leading passer/rusher you can pretty much cuss out your teammates or walk off why your coach is talking but let it be the 2nd sting OG or safety they get dog cussed and benched or threatened to lose playing time. These kids have the worst mouths and so do some of the coaches. There's coaches you guys mention on this board about being great people, great coaches, but in reality they're pretty terrible people on the sidelines. Hard to tell kids to behave when you're acting foolish in front of them. Good thing is, there's more good coaches than bad. I'll leave you with a good example...recently, coach is yelling for a kid to switch sides of the field. Kid thinks he means get off the field. In front of the ref the coach screams "What the F... are you doing? Are you stupid? GD!!!" Ref drops the flag. Coach immediately starts yelling and asking why. Ref said nope, ball was snapped before he got off the field. Too many men on the field. Ref walks back by coach and says "but if I do hear you talk to your players like that again I will flag you."

Be careful who you put on pedestals.

2019Champs
Wren Golden Hurricanes

Post by 2019Champs »

HoodRoad wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:16 pm
Powdersville is the worst Disapline Team I have seen in a while There players worry more about Running there mouth after the play Than playing the Game
Not sure about discipline when they get back to their home but on the sidelines some coaches still pick and choose who or when to hand out discipline via cussing tirades and threats. It's pretty pathetic. If you've got a few TDs or leading passer/rusher you can pretty much cuss out your teammates or walk off why your coach is talking but let it be the 2nd sting OG or safety they get dog cussed and benched or threatened to lose playing time. These kids have the worst mouths and so do some of the coaches. There's coaches you guys mention on this board about being great people, great coaches, but in reality they're pretty terrible people on the sidelines. Hard to tell kids to behave when you're acting foolish in front of them. Good thing is, there's more good coaches than bad. I'll leave you with a good example...recently, coach is yelling for a kid to switch sides of the field. Kid thinks he means get off the field. In front of the ref the coach screams "What the F... are you doing? Are you stupid? GD!!!" Ref drops the flag. Coach immediately starts yelling and asking why. Ref said nope, ball was snapped before he got off the field. Too many men on the field. Ref walks back by coach and says "but if I do hear you talk to your players like that again I will flag you."

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

HoodRoad wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:16 pm

When I was a young coach, I had a head coach tell me I needed to yell at the kids more. I told him that wasn't my style and yelling all the time serves no purpose.

There are a lot of bad coaches out there that will always be there. Some of these guys cling to their spot and their old ways no matter what. A former HC at Union County had one of the foulest mouths I've ever heard on a sideline. That guy's language would've offended a drunk sailor.