Gaffney Football

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
BYRNES#1
Byrnes Rebels

Re: Gaffney Football

Post by BYRNES#1 »

I be damn!!! Ain’t no yankee blood in me but you put a bag of corn in my hands and I will hurt some feelings real quick!! :shock:
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell!

BYRNES#1
Byrnes Rebels

Post by BYRNES#1 »

chief shooting bull wrote:Im not sure if you coulda got a decent defense if you put both those teams together that night.
Yall had two legit drives all night, the rest was straight up gave to yall as the refs helds yalls hand & walked you down the field to the other scores.
Craziest crap Ive ever seen!! Byrnes comes into the game giving up on average less than 5 points a game & you want everyone to believe Gaffney with their 3 plays could score 30 points on that D?
Naw man, I see what youre selling but I was there & I aint buying it. ;)

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Here you go with these dang ref excuses again and you won that is sad my friend. Since you was there how about you explain to me how there is a supposedly personal foul face mask penalty against the defense after an interception mind you and Gaffney doesn't get the ball and they spend more time on your sideline talking to your coach about what is goin on.

BYRNES#1
Byrnes Rebels

Post by BYRNES#1 »

racincowboy02 wrote:Here you go with these dang ref excuses again and you won that is sad my friend. Since you was there how about you explain to me how there is a supposedly personal foul face mask penalty against the defense after an interception mind you and Gaffney doesn't get the ball and they spend more time on your sideline talking to your coach about what is goin on.
Oh thats easy.... The face mask was on our QB which just so happened to have taken place before the INT & was a direct result of the INT.
The reason the refs were over there talking with our coaches was because YOUR CHAIN CREW moved the sticks before the officials told them to so they were trying to get the chains back where they shouldve been. Speaking of YOUR chain crew, one of them for sure was running his mouth to our coaches. I guess he didnt like having to put the chain back where it was suppose to go.
Man you know them refs were helping yall all night, once they saw you couldnt move the ball consistently here they come to the rescue LOL!! I told you it wasnt going to matter though, they would not save you guys that night HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

likeitRnot
Byrnes Rebels

Post by likeitRnot »

BYRNES#1 wrote:
racincowboy02 wrote:Here you go with these dang ref excuses again and you won that is sad my friend. Since you was there how about you explain to me how there is a supposedly personal foul face mask penalty against the defense after an interception mind you and Gaffney doesn't get the ball and they spend more time on your sideline talking to your coach about what is goin on.
Oh thats easy.... The face mask was on our QB which just so happened to have taken place before the INT & was a direct result of the INT.
The reason the refs were over there talking with our coaches was because YOUR CHAIN CREW moved the sticks before the officials told them to so they were trying to get the chains back where they shouldve been. Speaking of YOUR chain crew, one of them for sure was running his mouth to our coaches. I guess he didnt like having to put the chain back where it was suppose to go.
Man you know them refs were helping yall all night, once they saw you couldnt move the ball consistently here they come to the rescue LOL!! I told you it wasnt going to matter though, they would not save you guys that night HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some Gaffney fans are so delusional that they really believe the refs call a fair game at the RES.
Two worst calls I've seen in a very LONGGGGG time.

#1. The interception they overturn when Gaff WR just fell on top of Byrnes DB that was clearly on the turf with ball.
#2 The Personal Foul they reward gaffney RB ....

Which that drive resulted in a TD.

But like B 1 said it wasn't going to matter last Friday. The butt cutting was going to happen reguardless!!! :lol:

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

likeitRnot wrote:
BYRNES#1 wrote:

Some Gaffney fans are so delusional that they really believe the refs call a fair game at the RES.

#1. The interception they overturn when Gaff WR just fell on top of Byrnes DB that was clearly on the turf with ball.

But like B 1 said it wasn't going to matter last Friday. The butt cutting was going to happen reguardless!!! :lol:

I was listening to the radio call while at the game and to hear the Gaffney Fan's yell BUSH LEAGUE and other things I can't type on here at our radio crew was pure classic. They were shouting that Byrnes' player should be tossed for the helmet to helmet hit, but it was funny, I didn't hear the same thing when there guy had the late hit, plus helmet to helmet on our sideline.

BYRNES#1
Byrnes Rebels

Post by BYRNES#1 »

ByrnesRebels05 wrote:
likeitRnot wrote:
BYRNES#1 wrote:

I was listening to the radio call while at the game and to hear the Gaffney Fan's yell BUSH LEAGUE and other things I can't type on here at our radio crew was pure classic. They were shouting that Byrnes' player should be tossed for the helmet to helmet hit, but it was funny, I didn't hear the same thing when there guy had the late hit, plus helmet to helmet on our sideline.
From my vantage point our player did not hit the Gaffney player helmet to helmet, he popped him straight in the chest head UP & bout cut him in half. One of the best straight up licks Ive seen at any level. The white hat threw the flag & was not only behind the play but also had players in between him & the hit. :roll:

likeitRnot you are 100% right about the INT too, that litterally happened right in front of me, there was no doubt our guy made the INT & was on the ground because he had to go down to get it. Only to have the Gaffney player fall on top of him and grab the ball. While they both were on the ground the ref says it was a catch by the Gaffney player. WTH!!!!!??? That drive continued & resulted in a TD for them.

Fridaynightfan
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Fridaynightfan »

It used to be that Gaffney could win a close game with the help of the refs. Not anymore.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

B1 thanks for the explanation as I really didn't see the face mask but how if it was a personal foul how did they not award a 1st down cause I thought that a personal foul was an automatic 1st down. The refs were horrible I agree. Its not different than being in Duncan at Nixon and trying to get a fair game out there

BYRNES#1
Byrnes Rebels

Post by BYRNES#1 »

racincowboy02 wrote:B1 thanks for the explanation as I really didn't see the face mask but how if it was a personal foul how did they not award a 1st down cause I thought that a personal foul was an automatic 1st down. The refs were horrible I agree. Its not different than being in Duncan at Nixon and trying to get a fair game out there
I have NO IDEA how that wasnt an automatic 1st down, I like to think I know the rules pretty well but our coaches didnt lose their minds about it so I assume there was some exception to the rule LOL! :lol:
LMBO @ "Its not different than being in Duncan at Nixon and trying to get a fair game out there".
Dude I hear someone yell at least once every home game coming from our stands.. "HEY REF!!! WHERE YOU FROM, GAFFNEY!?!?!?!?!" We get some of the most horrible refs around. Back in the Bentley/Miller years I swear the officials would call our guys extra tight just to keep games some what close, & by close I mean with in 5 TD's. Nowadays I think the refs just suck a little more than normal LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: