Looking forward to seeing my ST Rebels this season

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Looking forward to seeing my ST Rebels this season

Post by SF Band dad »

TIM wrote:i couldn't figure it out, will ask the mods for help.

i have NOT enjoyed Central's visits to ST!!! LOL. 5 point differential each time. That 2008 game was epic though. Heck of a football game that night!!!
Unfortunately, the "free trial" account here on Forumatic doesn't include any storage space for pictures (image files). You can link to them if you store them elsewhere on the internet. If you don't have a place to do that let me know, you can e-mail them to me and I'll get them uploaded.

Once the pictures are up on the internet somewhere you can link to the using the "Img" button above reply window.

When you hit the "Img" button it creates a pair of 'tags' that allows you to insert the internet address (URL) of the image file.
Code box showing the "Img" tags:

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
You can then past the URL of the image file between the tags. In this example I have pasted the URL of the SCHSL logo between the Image tags:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.schsl.org/schsllogoT.gif[/img]
The image file identified between the image tags is then displayed in the post. The example above results in this:

TIM
Strom Thurmond Rebels

Post by TIM »

Thanks SFBD.
i have the pics saved in mydocuments. can you send me your email address? i can't get the pics on to the internet and mydocuments doesn't create a URL. let me know if i'm missing something.

TIM
Strom Thurmond Rebels

Post by TIM »

mystikul wrote:think you might have to load them up to photobucket or some picture site, then get the image code and do it that way. that 2008 game was good, i thought i would never get there, seem like i drove for ever. haha.....our punter and defense won that game for us. two evenly matched teams.
that defense had justice cunningham and kegan funderburk (both 6'4 250lbs) on the ends (te/de). the fullback (allen) must have been 300lbs and could run a 4.4!!! lord have mercy that had to be one of the most intimidating bunch of high school football players i've ever seen. they were big, strong, fast and brought the pain. i agree about the punter. he coffin corner kicked all night. that was a huge advantage in keeping us pinned back b/c we never got the opportunity to return a punt. he'd hit it high and angled to the corners, then all we could watch it do was roll out of bounds.

i remember during warmups there was a group of players from pageland warming up and i thought, man they don't have a chance tonight if that is all they got. we had a heckuva team ourselves and was undefeated at that point. then i looked up and another group came from the daggum woods or somewhere from behind the stadium and i thought it was the daggum miami dolphins!!! jesus christ!!! they were huge. i guess they were back there eating or something!!! lol. it was a battle but unfortunately we came up short. i still don't know how that team didn't win the state title!

fast forward one week; i was at pageland for the woodruff/central game. pre warmups there were plenty of woodruff people talking major junk (hard to imagine, i know) to the central players and coaches. i was standing along the fence and told one guy, "man, this is just half their team just wait til you see the rest of them. they are probably back there killing something and eating it! those boys are huge and good, i know from experience. he said bs (but didn't appreviate it) then commenced to telling me just how bad central was about to get whooped. i said alright, we'll talk after the game. by halftime i couldn't find him. :mrgreen:

mystikul
Central Eagles

Post by mystikul »

we lost the championship game cause of 2 freaking plays....cb (mardu smith) slipped on one of dillons long bomb passes, then we missed the xtra point...still brings back bad memories......that team was loaded, wish rb (catrell allen) didn't get banged up, cause nobody could tackle him....those were the good ole days when the o'line and d'line would come out late, they were/are the heart of the team, it starts with them and the rest of the guys have to give respect to them, so they would line up and start clapping for them.
the woodruff game was awesome, specially with the posters on the other board talking junk, about the high flying offense they had, haha....that was probably the best game we played that season.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

TIM,
I've sent you a PM with my e-mail address.

TIM
Strom Thurmond Rebels

Post by TIM »

http://edgefielddaily.com/sd062813.html

link to stadium update with pic of new pressbox. i will forward sfbd some other pics in hopes he can post for all to see.

TIM
Strom Thurmond Rebels

Post by TIM »

SF Band dad wrote:TIM,
I've sent you a PM with my e-mail address.
thank you. i'll forward you some pics.

STrebels72
Strom Thurmond Rebels

Post by STrebels72 »

The stadium is looking great.....I'm so glad we are getting new scoreboard as well...awsome facilities for a great program.....

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

ST Stadium pics
Attachments
ST_stadium_2.jpg
ST_stadium_1.jpg
IMAG0543.jpg
IMAG0542.jpg

STrebels72
Strom Thurmond Rebels