D W Daniel... Re-Peat?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: D W Daniel... Re-Peat?

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Daniel and Hanna would have been interesting. No one would have dismantled the other. 5A is a different animal than 3A. Several of those 5A upstate teams would have been a chore for Daniel...NW, Dorman, Gaffney. Being a big fish in a little pond is not the same as a big fish in a big pond.

Let's be honest, Dutch Fork could have named their score against Hanna on a dry field. DF dominated both lines and their team speed was too much for Hanna to overcome. DF strength and conditioning program is the best around. Couple those factors with Knotts calling the plays....the score could have gotten out of hand more than it did. 327 yards of offense in the first half by DF in sloppy conditions.

DF aside, the second best team in the State was Sumter- hands down... outstanding talent on both sides of the ball.

Would love for DF to play teams like Flora and Daniel... teams that don't know want to see what all the hype is about the Silver Foxes and after the first quarter they realize....it ain't hype.

Fear The Fox.

OldLion71
Daniel Lions

Post by OldLion71 »

I have seen the Lions take on the Gaffney, Spartanburg, Hanna, and even a 7A team from Alabama, Jess Lanier, and win. You and I can go back and forth forever on this, you have your opinion, and I have mine. I'm just very proud of my Lions for what they have accomplished and will accomplish in future! Congrats to your Foxes and wish you continued success as well!

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

I respect your point.... but there is a difference, people don't understand at times. Dutch Fork is a top 15 team in the nation...out of 14K+ high school teams. Have been in the Top 25 nationally for the past 5 seasons, depending on the source ranking them- this is looking at teams from Texas, Florida, California, Georgia, Ohio all the HS football hot spots. 2018 and 2019 they were a consensus top 10 team nationally. The 2018 team is arguably the best HS team SC has ever produced. I have watched film on Daniel....a very good team, but not the same. When I first moved to Dutch Fork 20 years ago(or back to Dutch Fork- family moved from DF area in the late 1700s..and the family wound up near Twelve Mile Creek off of Belle Shoals Road...that area might sound familiar to you-), I saw the talent and resources available and knew all that was needed was a coach. Getting Knotts was the lottery.

Overall team speed, size, depth, strength & conditioning, resources and the best coaching staff in the state, and one of the best in the nation make them a marquee program nationally. Anything can happen on a given day... but classifications are for a reason. Winning 5 consecutive titles at the highest classification in the state, can't be ignored. Not the same as Christ Church winning 4 in a row or even Abbeville winning 4 in a row.

I liberated that phrase about teams wanting to see what all the hype is about DF from Jim Baxter...he knows a little bit about HS football. I thought teams like the Spring Valley teams in the '70s, Summerville teams of the 80's were the measuring stick for SC HS football...until I saw Knotts arrive at DF.
I know the greater Six Mile-Central area is proud. Have to see what next season brings.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Old Lion don’t waste your time the guy is so smart that he doesn’t even know when he’s being trolled.
We were in the dynasty business before DF was an idea.
Our 91 92 and 95 teams would’ve destroyed every one of the last five teams they’ve had.
That Jess Lanier that was 7a out of Alabama was a beast and we beat them. The next week they beat Valdosta and won their state title that year.
This guy thinks everyone should be afraid of them. Hey we broke lots of streaks
Ask South Pointe and actually a thank you should be in order because if we don’t do that dirty work DF is not the first to five.
After Knotts leaves they’ll be nothing again . Just a tommy come lately. Traditional programs Gaffney Dorman Northwestern Greer Greenwood Abbeville and others that I’m not thinking about are built for the long game.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:55 am
I respect your point.... but there is a difference, people don't understand at times. Dutch Fork is a top 15 team in the nation...out of 14K+ high school teams. Have been in the Top 25 nationally for the past 5 seasons, depending on the source ranking them- this is looking at teams from Texas, Florida, California, Georgia, Ohio all the HS football hot spots. 2018 and 2019 they were a consensus top 10 team nationally. The 2018 team is arguably the best HS team SC has ever produced. I have watched film on Daniel....a very good team, but not the same. When I first moved to Dutch Fork 20 years ago(or back to Dutch Fork- family moved from DF area in the late 1700s..and the family wound up near Twelve Mile Creek off of Belle Shoals Road...that area might sound familiar to you-), I saw the talent and resources available and knew all that was needed was a coach. Getting Knotts was the lottery.

Overall team speed, size, depth, strength & conditioning, resources and the best coaching staff in the state, and one of the best in the nation make them a marquee program nationally. Anything can happen on a given day... but classifications are for a reason. Winning 5 consecutive titles at the highest classification in the state, can't be ignored. Not the same as Christ Church winning 4 in a row or even Abbeville winning 4 in a row.

I liberated that phrase about teams wanting to see what all the hype is about DF from Jim Baxter...he knows a little bit about HS football. I thought teams like the Spring Valley teams in the '70s, Summerville teams of the 80's were the measuring stick for SC HS football...until I saw Knotts arrive at DF.
I know the greater Six Mile-Central area is proud. Have to see what next season brings.
Byrnes was tough too for a decade. knotts had a tough time in scrimmages with them.
But knotts does his thing no matter where he is at.
We have plenty of athletes.but df and knotts is the reason we have only been to 1.
I won't get into the daniel 5-A argument.when the ville was hot the fans thought the could play 1st baptistcharleston southern citadel.but thats a big leap.
Gotta pick uo a smith machine Tuesday.
Time to get working.

OldLion71
Daniel Lions

Post by OldLion71 »

Ddub14, I couldn't agree with you more. Those 90's teams of Sitterle were special. Think they said Daniel had biggest online in state, including Tigers and gamecocks. Yeah Daniel did break alot of boundaries way before it was Schick and before social media so it wasn't broadcast everywhere. That Jess Lanier game was awesome. They wouldn't dress out in our visitors dressing room, they dressed out at Clemson and rode charter busses to Singleton Field only to lose to Shawn Young and that young gun offense. When they played Valdosta following week they had to announce they just lost to the Lions from Daniel SC... lol. This school had had lots of special moments with lots more to come!

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

I was at the title game of Daniel and Camden. I said before DF would beat Daniel by 21 plus and that’s the hard truth. Really hope we can get a game scheduled in the future. I actually would mind seeing Dutch Fork play Abbeville as well as Flora. Those slant and end route passes wouldn’t work against DF, it just so happened Camden’s DB were very average and couldn’t cover Daniel’s receivers. DF’s team defense and speed would be way too much for Daniel. We would live in that backfield and the QB is good and got away from Camden a couple times and made great throws in pressure but those missed tackles won’t happen against DF once they have you trapped in pressure you’re going to be sacked or forced to throw away. That’s the difference between DF and every other team in the State. DF makes more elite game winning plays than any other team time after time. Daniel wouldn’t score over 20 points against DF. I haven’t even talked about the offense. Daniel had trouble with the speed of Leroy Bracey Jr and Willis Lane Jr imagine trying to defend a DF team with speed at every position? Had Camden not made a stupid mistake when they took the lead 28-27 we would have been having a different discussion. Like I said I think Daniel is good and probably a top 5 team in the state this year but I don’t think they want to see DF on the field. JMHO

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

Silverfox92 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:45 pm
I was at the title game of Daniel and Camden. I said before DF would beat Daniel by 21 plus and that’s the hard truth. Really hope we can get a game scheduled in the future. I actually would mind seeing Dutch Fork play Abbeville as well as Flora. Those slant and end route passes wouldn’t work against DF, it just so happened Camden’s DB were very average and couldn’t cover Daniel’s receivers. DF’s team defense and speed would be way too much for Daniel. We would live in that backfield and the QB is good and got away from Camden a couple times and made great throws in pressure but those missed tackles won’t happen against DF once they have you trapped in pressure you’re going to be sacked or forced to throw away. That’s the difference between DF and every other team in the State. DF makes more elite game winning plays than any other team time after time. Daniel wouldn’t score over 20 points against DF. I haven’t even talked about the offense. Daniel had trouble with the speed of Leroy Bracey Jr and Willis Lane Jr imagine trying to defend a DF team with speed at every position? Had Camden not made a stupid mistake when they took the lead 28-27 we would have been having a different discussion. Like I said I think Daniel is good and probably a top 5 team in the state this year but I don’t think they want to see DF on the field. JMHO
You’ve said the same thing about what you think would happen in a Daniel-DF game 3 or 4 times. You don’t have to keep repeating it in longer posts each time we know how you feel on the subject.
Go Daniel Lions!!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

It’s obvious that football began in the metropolis of white rock and Ballantine and only those that have seen football from there have opinions that matter.
Curious that he’s always throwing off on central and six mile like those are bad places . Notice he always leaves out Clemson and I would to if I was from that area.

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

I’m not sure what the DF fans are so thin-skinned when someone suggests a good team could maybe beat them. Everyone in the state knows they’re a good team it’s no secret and they’ve proved the past 5+ years. But when you feel the need to give a 5 paragraph essay as to why a team can’t beat DF is annoying. The point of this post is asking if we think Daniel could go back to back in 3A. But nope we have to talk about a team that is in 5A that we aren’t a bit concerned about since they aren’t in the same classification or on our schedule. If they schedule DF someday then I’ll start giving my two cents on the subject. Until then I’m giving 0 thought on it because it’s irrelevant.
Go Daniel Lions!!