update on my 49 year son

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Re: update on my 49 year son

Post by Fortfor5 »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:37 pm
tumor is too big to operate on and is deep in his brain, tap his head for sample, to see how and if they can treat, if they can treat maybe 18 months if not 4 months, totally devastated. hope is all that's left. cant eat, cant sleep, everytime we hear any news it is the worst. waiting for a miracle.
Its science they cannot tell you anything exact.its a guess
.they told my grandma 6 months .she made it 7 more years.
Something else got her wasnt the cancer .
Keep i. The fight do not give up hope. Keep his head in the fight aswell.

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

So sorry to hear this news Slick but agree with what many have said above in that doctors can be way off in there estimates. Try to stay as positive as you can for your son. Always here for ya Slick. I will keep reaching out to you to see how you and your son are doing....

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

they are scheduled to go in his head on Friday and take a biopsy of the mass and hopefully can at least use chemo or use radiation and reduce the size of it. anything is better than nothing right now, we are so scared for him. he knows he is terminal and its heart breaking.
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

HE GOES IN TOMORROW AT 10, OPERATE AT 12:20, HOPE IS HIGH, WE CAN SLOW THE BEAST DOWN FOR YEARS FOR HIM TO CONTINUE TO LIVE.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Prayers lifted up, Slick.

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Damefan »

Haven't been on for a while Slick and this just breaks my heart having just buried my brother-in-law this past Friday. My wife and I will be praying strongly for your son tonight and tomorrow. She is without doubt the strongest prayer warrior I know! Stay strong friend and keep us posted if there is anything we can do.

We just moved into a new home over in Legend Oaks over Christmas so I am a bit closer to your neck of the woods from my previous local.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

I haven't been on for a while and just caught up, I can't imagine what it would be like if it were my daughter. I agree with all the comments of the others... Keep hope, doctor's estimates can be wildly wrong and new treatments are introduced all the time. You and your family have my thoughts and prayers.

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

heading down at 830 for surgery, it will be a long waiting day, hopeful they can help him.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:01 am
heading down at 830 for surgery, it will be a long waiting day, hopeful they can help him.
I feel for you my friend.my son is also 49.
he was born with a heart problem and had
to have his aortic valve replaced about 8
years ago.my youngest daughter died in
2012.she was 44. I hope the doctors can
help your son.

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

just got home, they removed some of mass, he is awake and pretty much seems the same as before they did the surgery, they will have to send off biopsy to figure what it is and the stages of it and then figure radiation or chemo, so we are still hopeful, there will be a way to shrink it. we were fearful, he would wake up and not be the same, speaking or his personality but seems ok, big ass hole and a plate in his head, still in hospital, may come home tomorrow, thanks for all your thoughts and good karma to me. IN THE END WE ARE ALL A FAMILY HERE