Greenwood @ Northwestern (round two)

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Re: Greenwood @ Northwestern (round two)

Post by eagle93 »

Redraider66 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:28 pm
96fanatic wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:06 am
It seems to me that not just Greenwood
but a lot of Teams don't emphasize defense
any more but depend on the offense to carry
the team.use to be coaches would talk and
stress that the defense would win the big games.
just my opinion.I am pulling for Greenwood.
GO GET'EM EAGLES.
Because now days offense wins the big games... its hard to have a mediocre offense and a really good defense and win
I agree 100 percent. And Greenwood absolutely does care about defense 96fanatic. Always has. That's usually where they're strongest. Just not great this season.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

sparked_up wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:24 am
Someone needs to pull for Northwestern, so I will.

The defense has continued to improve. Speed has always been there, run game defense has vastly improved with Southpointe and Catawba Ridge games. The intrigue will be how quickly they adjust to the option game.

If Northwestern has an average night on offense they will score a lot of points. Greenwood better score every possession to stay in the game.
I'm pulling for NW too.

I love the Eagles but I got a connection with the Trojans. I know a couple of their fans and they're cool peeps! 8-)

Of course I never met an Eagle I didn't like either.

I'm just not sure Greenwood can beat the Trojans but I'll be happy for them and the fans if they do. And I'll lament the loss for the Trojans.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

eagle93 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:04 pm
Redraider66 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:28 pm
96fanatic wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:06 am
It seems to me that not just Greenwood
but a lot of Teams don't emphasize defense
any more but depend on the offense to carry
the team.use to be coaches would talk and
stress that the defense would win the big games.
just my opinion.I am pulling for Greenwood.
GO GET'EM EAGLES.
Because now days offense wins the big games... its hard to have a mediocre offense and a really good defense and win
I agree 100 percent. And Greenwood absolutely does care about defense 96fanatic. Always has. That's usually where they're strongest. Just not great this season.
It seems the 5A teams are all about defense this year. At least the ones who are still standing. If there's been one common factor this year for every game I've seen it's been a stellar defense for the winner. One thing I haven't seen that much of this year is a stellar passing attack. But I might not have been to the right games to see that.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Can't remember the last time gwood had a running clock put on them twice in one year. Just a lost season.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

Absolutely unacceptable here for Greenwood. I don't care how good the opponent is.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

I'm sure anyone that is on the staff that is from Greenwood wants them to be successful, but wanting doesn't equate to actually being a good coach.

ManigoEra
Greenwood Eagles

Post by ManigoEra »

eagle93 wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:55 pm
I'm sure anyone that is on the staff that is from Greenwood wants them to be successful, but wanting doesn't equate to actually being a good coach.
Let's not act surprised here. Anybody that went to the games this year knew what it was before this game. Hopefully Liner changes the offense to the pistol or something else. Triple option just doesn't work in 4A. Greenwood just isn't very good this year. Just watching Liner's body language at the games......I think he knows changes need to be made offensively. We can't keep getting drilled like this. Need to run an offense thats IN WITH THE TIMES!

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

I think Greenwood years are over and done. Even if Greenwood changes the offense, Liner will still run basic plays out of it with the wrong guys in position. Greenwood don't develop guys the right way or utilize talented players on the team. Liner definitely need to get some new assistant coaches on staff. Our assistants look lost out there. All he got to do is look at all the previous games this year and he will know which assistance coaches I'm referring to. It's unacceptable!

I hope I'm wrong but I'm coming to realize we made the wrong hire.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

When I saw Greenwood at the Greenville game I was shocked to say the least. The offense was that of a rec league team. There was no size and depth like you expect with Greenwood either. And lastly it looked like a team that quit and gave zero effort once they got down. Not the Wood that lives up to their history and tradition.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

StateChampsGHS wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:36 pm
I think Greenwood years are over and done. Even if Greenwood changes the offense, Liner will still run basic plays out of it with the wrong guys in position. Greenwood don't develop guys the right way or utilize talented players on the team. Liner definitely need to get some new assistant coaches on staff. Our assistants look lost out there. All he got to do is look at all the previous games this year and he will know which assistance coaches I'm referring to. It's unacceptable!

I hope I'm wrong but I'm coming to realize we made the wrong hire.
Ironically a coworker who's son was on the 2010-2012 Easley teams told me in 2013, Greenwood's days of being a powerhouse are over since Cathcart is gone. Shoot. He was right. Lol. Haven't sniffed going to a title game since and only won region once.