Someone explain to me this

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Re: Someone explain to me this

Post by Deputy »

eagle93 wrote:
Deputy wrote:I dont know what it is about Porter, but he doesnt get jobs. And Lord knows he has seemingly applied for every decent job in SC over the last few years. Maybe he just doesnt interview well, I dont know. But there has to be some reason as to why he seems to fall short in the hiring process.
I have my reasons I think why they won't hire him, but it has nothing to do with his personality or ability to coach. He'll land at a storied program eventually. In the mean time I believe he'll continue to fair well at Greenville.
OK. What could that reason be? Nobody at Hillcrest or Greenville has fired him, so cant be anything real troubling in the closet that only others looking to talk to him would find out about.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

Deputy wrote:
eagle93 wrote:
Deputy wrote:I dont know what it is about Porter, but he doesnt get jobs. And Lord knows he has seemingly applied for every decent job in SC over the last few years. Maybe he just doesnt interview well, I dont know. But there has to be some reason as to why he seems to fall short in the hiring process.
I have my reasons I think why they won't hire him, but it has nothing to do with his personality or ability to coach. He'll land at a storied program eventually. In the mean time I believe he'll continue to fair well at Greenville.
OK. What could that reason be? Nobody at Hillcrest or Greenville has fired him, so cant be anything real troubling in the closet that only others looking to talk to him would find out about.
It's hard for some schools to break the trend and hire what they aren't used to. That's best I can answer the question.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

eagle93 wrote:
Deputy wrote:
eagle93 wrote:
It's hard for some schools to break the trend and hire what they aren't used to. That's best I can answer the question.
I can answer the question but you might not like the truth.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Ok lets quit beating around the bush with these criptic post come on if you know why Greenwood didn't hire Porter then lets hear it

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

racincowboy02 wrote:Ok lets quit beating around the bush with these criptic post come on if you know why Greenwood didn't hire Porter then lets hear it
Pippin destroyed the Greenwood tradition so badly that the District didn't want to hire an outsider. They wanted to hire a Greenwood man who they already had a relationship with. Sparky worked with Liner before. They are close friends and he knew that Liner knows the Greenwood tradition better then any of the candidates whether his resume was great or not. Just like a poster said previously...."The Buddy Buddy System".

I think Greenville County needs to move some money around and pay Porter at Greenville High School.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

Porter was clearly the best candidate for the job but Greenwood didn't want to take that risk because they don't know Porter like that. Meaning....Liner is still highly connected to the community and Porter is not.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Thank you for the answer. Question for all you Greenwood peeps that are not happy cause Porter wasn't hired. What will you guys say at the end of the season and Greenwood is sitting as region champs and sitting pretty goin into the playoffs with home field advantage will you finally be happy and finally eat crow about Liner

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

racincowboy02 wrote:Thank you for the answer. Question for all you Greenwood peeps that are not happy cause Porter wasn't hired. What will you guys say at the end of the season and Greenwood is sitting as region champs and sitting pretty goin into the playoffs with home field advantage will you finally be happy and finally eat crow about Liner
I actually like Liner as a person and coach but I just think Porter is better coach than him. Just my opinion.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

racincowboy02 wrote:Thank you for the answer. Question for all you Greenwood peeps that are not happy cause Porter wasn't hired. What will you guys say at the end of the season and Greenwood is sitting as region champs and sitting pretty goin into the playoffs with home field advantage will you finally be happy and finally eat crow about Liner
No one has anything against Liner. I don't like because I feel like they wasted Greg's time when they weren't going to hire him anyways. They asked Greg to apply for the job. Since we got bumped down that should make it easier. But Greenville can play too and now has added motivation, and you can't sleep on Greer. If he wins then great.

No Fly Zone
Emerald Vikings

Post by No Fly Zone »

StateChampsGHS wrote:Porter was clearly the best candidate for the job but Greenwood didn't want to take that risk because they don't know Porter like that. Meaning....Liner is still highly connected to the community and Porter is not.
This is more important than people want to admit, especially with the current state of Greenwood.

The football program was hurt more by the streets than Dan Pippin.

Chris Liner will live or die with how he recruits in certain areas of the city. You have to get some of those kids to come back or you'll underachieve.

It's going to take a sustained push. That's what Greg Porter can't promise them. He's jumped around and I think that scared some people.