Get ready for the show!!

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Re: Get ready for the show!!

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

At the end of the day it's about the kids competing with each other having fun and a lot of these kids are friends it's all about them enjoying being kids. Shout out to the staff at Dorman for giving us at Greenville High a chance to play on the big stage to measure where we are. Like I said it's all about the kids. GO RED RAIDERS

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:08 pm
And yet we've made it further than Greenwood last season smh I don't see what's all the hate towards us in Greenville
No hate from gwood. I think it's more confusion as to the past few years the media polls have y'all ranked ahead of us at the beginning of year. Let's be real, yes Greenville made it further however both gwood and Gville ended up losing to the same team in South Pointe. Obviously gwood won the head to head against Gville the past 2 years and preseason polls are supposed to be based off what happened the previous year. Polls don't matter at the end of the day. Just fun for the fans. I guess some of us gwood fans feel a bit disrespected by the media polls in that regard. But congrats on y'alls upper state title appearance last year! Like every year, we'll all find out what the real deal is come November. Good luck against Dorman! You'll need it.

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

4A is shaping up to be a real dogfight

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:17 am
At the end of the day it's about the kids competing with each other having fun and a lot of these kids are friends it's all about them enjoying being kids. Shout out to the staff at Dorman for giving us at Greenville High a chance to play on the big stage to measure where we are. Like I said it's all about the kids. GO RED RAIDERS
I don’t think it’s hate for Greenville. What I think is every year it’s the same old story, this is the year. And every year they choke in some form or fashion. They never live up to expectations yet they talk as more junk as schools that actually have success historically. The fact is y’all are rated ahead of Greenwood who has won 8 state titles. Last year was the first time Greenville made it an upperstate title game in its history. It really doesn’t matter in the end on these polls because almost all schools get in the playoffs nowadays. But I can see where Greenwood fans having beaten Greenville head to head the last 2 years would be a little frustrated with being behind them.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

MrFootball68 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:10 pm
Greenville will beat the brakes off Dorman.
You cannot recruit like Greg Porter and then get beat week 0.
Brakes are the only thing that kept Gutshall from letting scores get out of hand most years.

You might not wanna see a Dorman team with no brakes.
Last edited by DeCav on Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dorman#1
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by Dorman#1 »

DeCav wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:01 pm
MrFootball68 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:10 pm
Greenville will beat the brakes off Dorman.
You cannot recruit like Greg Porter and then get beat week 0.
Brakes are the only thing that kept Gutshall from letting scores get out of hand most years.

You might now wanna see a Dorman team with no brakes.
Right best believe if we were up big on a team Gutshall started putting the second string in! Just imagine how it’s going to be if Coach Curtis likes to run that score up!

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

The book for this game is kind of weird Dormsn is breaking in a new coach new AD and possibly a new scheme on both sides of the ball. So there is that side of the story then you got Greenville that I don’t know a whole lot about but they made it to the upper state title game last year. I will say that dorman wins and it shouldn’t be close

Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:38 pm
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:17 am
I don’t think it’s hate for Greenville. What I think is every year it’s the same old story, this is the year. And every year they choke in some form or fashion. They never live up to expectations yet they talk as more junk as schools that actually have success historically. The fact is y’all are rated ahead of Greenwood who has won 8 state titles. Last year was the first time Greenville made it an upperstate title game in its history. It really doesn’t matter in the end on these polls because almost all schools get in the playoffs nowadays. But I can see where Greenwood fans having beaten Greenville head to head the last 2 years would be a little frustrated with being behind them.
As far as Championships we gave a few from back in the days and as far as choking well if we only had 1 or 2 high schools we would have 8 championships Greenville county alone have about 14 high schools so talent is spread out and 2 we don't talk junk this way smh but any way it's a freaking ranking a number why get hurt ober it it'snit like it determinesthe playoffs like college smh . Now since you say we are chockers what did Daniel do in 4A??? I'll wait??? Ya'll didn't a stride again until yall went back to 3A to play teams that used to be 2A and 1A smh and Greenwood is a good school I give them that but if they was still 5A how good will they really be??? We made a jump to 4A back in 2013 got our head busted for 2years straight before Daniel moved to 4A before BHP moved to 4A and now that we are back to being good with what we have it's a issue? Smh

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Our last two years in 4A we went 23-3
I don’t recall seeing y’all deep in the playoffs.
I’m tired of hearing y’all say we have 14 schools in the county crap when y’all recruit openly in and out of the county. Plus you still have more students than Daniel that’s why your in a larger classification.
Defend the choking though
Not just now but back in the day when frost was there and y’all had 100 players and still couldn’t get it done with
Lambert and sorrels , Beasley , peppers etc...
Then y’all had us dead to rights in 09 and punted the ball to the deadliest man in the state Nuk Hopkins who houses it for the Dub.
Right before that kick I turn to my buddy and said if they kick this ball to this guy then they deserve to lose.
Again the Red raiders never fail
I’ll also take our head to head against y’all all time
Way more wins even though y’all have been playing football for 40 plus years than us
Way more regions
Way more states
And also even though it didn’t count we beat y’all in a scrimmage last year.
And btw we will probably be going up to 4A in 3 yrs and we won’t miss a beat

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

Onion Rings wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:12 am
4A is shaping up to be a real dogfight
Really????..... Bluffton gonna bring home the gold this year!!! 😱🤪😂