LET'S ALL GET BEHIND THIS

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Re: LET'S ALL GET BEHIND THIS

Post by CITYSLICKER »

·
Mr joey Lawrence and miss Donna, his wife, brought over to my house the donations this afternoon from the may bar-b-Que for Sean, we took money over to Sean's house and presented to his wife and family and Sean was not feeling well and was resting in bed. he was still so touched by the love, he asked to speak to Joey and Donna from his bed before they left, so that was special for him to do that. so thank you Mr joey, wife and all the people that donated the food, cooked the food and worked the plate handouts. If he could could, he would thank you all. we are so blessed by the many people and their help to our son. its all about the hearts, souls, and faith of people to help him and keep the hope and spirit going through this cancer nightmare. thank you all so much for every day of this great fight for him, love you, slick and miss Ruth.
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

from Sean's wife today
05/30/21 Sean Update
First, I would like to thank everyone who has been helping our family. It feels like the whole town has come together to get through this. Several fundraisers (with one HUGE one to come), his co-workers who donated A LOT of PTO time because he did not have disability insurance at work, friends who have sent money and cards, and his parents, of course! They decided that our "barn" needed a makeover before it fell (I don't think I could have done this without them)! All the love that has been felt is overwhelming. I never thought people could be so generous and caring.
Been a little while but not much has changed since the last update. He is on the 5/23 chemo (5 days on and 23 days off). He is talking well most days and still walking around without a cane or walker. He is tired most of the time but that is expected while the chemo works its way out of his system. We go for his next MRI on the 16th of next month. We will see if it has grown or not. I will update again then.

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

hadn't reported on Sean lately, pretty much the same as the last report. he has fair days and so so days. he seems to be resting ok still has an odd spot on his side of his foot, not sure what it is but trying to treat it and hope it heals, we are concerned about his ability to get in a tub, so we are trying to figure a way to get maybe a walk in tub put in place of a regular tub next, not sure the price for that . He gets a mri on June 16 and we will know more of the size of the brain tumor there. please pray for him and hope for a good report and not a increase in size of this brain stealer, any thoughts on a walk in tub too is appreciated ,thanks for all the love, prayers, and donations for our son. Thanks Slick.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I think it’s a beautiful thing you’re doing.

Keeping a journal like this. Public but also private.

Recording the daily events and your unfiltered thoughts.

Not many people have lived who’ve had that courtesy.

Got a job now. Good one. I start in a week. Just shared your GFM to my FB page. (I did 30 days in the hole for suggesting white people were on average crazier.)

Will donate soon and plan a trip down there. Promise.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

we take sean to get his mri scan this wednesday to see the status of the mass, hoping it has not grown or even it has shrunk, we have redone his storage room in the back yard and replaced his bathroom stuff to help, wishful for a walk in tub, but the cost is like 12,000 dollars, so not worth that much to do, he has been approved for ssi disabilty but still in process. nothing works quickly, he has been relatively constant for about a week, he actually went to a walk in movie with his wife, he has been battling low blood pressure at times but in all its been awhile since his crying outbursts and every now and then a smile or laugh will come out, trying to replace his old heat pump next, started a new facebok charity and another bar-b-que is in the works. as always anyone that wants to send a card or donation: BILLY OR SEAN OTT 118 GIBSON ST MONCKS CORNER, SC 29461. MY CELL NUMBER IS 843-670-8469. THANKS FOR THE LOVE

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

2021-sean rining the bell.jpg

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

2021-BRAIN CANCER SAYING (2).jpg
2021-BRAIN CANCER SAYING (2).jpg (58.48 KiB) Viewed 1397 times
THIS WEDNESDAY EARLY IN THE MORNING, WE WILL CARRY SEAN TO MUSC HOLLINGS CANCER CENTER FOR A SCAN ON THE CANCER MASS, WE WERE DISAPPOINTED THE LAST SCAN AFTER ALL THE RADIATION AND CHEMO, IT HADN'T SHRUNK BUT POSITIVE IT DIDN'T GROW EITHER. SO, WE NEED ALL THE PRAYER WARRIORS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS THAT WE FIND THAT IT EITHER STAYS STABLE OR EVEN BETTER IT HAS SHRUNK SOME. I GUESS THERE IS NO RADIATION AVAILABLE NOW AND ITS JUST CHEMO FOR A WEEK AND OFF OF IT 3 WEEKS TO FIGHT THE BEAST. WE ALL WISH THERE IS MORE THAT COULD BE DONE BUT HE IS STILL FIGHTING AND HIS BOUTS OF CRYING HAVE BEEN NON-EXISTENT FOR AWHILE. HE IS HAVING SOME BLOOD PRESSURE PROBLEMS, BUT IS STILL FIGHTING AND HIS TALKING CERTAINLY HASN’T GOT ANY WORSE, EVERY NOW AND THEN WE SEE A SMILE OR A LAUGH AND A STORY, SO WE LOOK FOR THE GOOD THINGS HAPPENING AND HOPE HE CONTINUES TO PROGRESS AND CAN LIVE LIFE FOR A LONG TIME. WE GET DONATIONS AND LOVE FOR HIM AND THANK ALL FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS HEART-BREAKING FIGHT. LIFE HAS CHANGED SO MUCH SINCE JANUARY AND ITS AFFECTED US ALL. THANK YOU FOR THE SHOULDERS AND THE HEARTS TO CONTINUE THE BATTLE WITH BRAIN CANCER IN OUR CHILD. PEACE, SLICK AND WIFE.

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

well, test time is near, please give us a good test result, he is so nervous and dreading the results, but we will fight the fight and keep him with hope and on path whatever the results are, we will never give up, never.

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

Sean's tumor has slightly reduced, so we got a little hope going, we will continue the fight

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

after such a uplifting day yesterday, they increased his chemo from like 380 to 500, and he was sick as dog and couldn't sleep last night, you never know, hope he can get by this week of chemo and then off for awhile. its always baby steps, then regress, then some progress, its a roller coaster cancer ride for sure, thanks for all the support, I never wanted anymore than share our trip and i don't think he said it to be mean but I have no hard feelings to anyone. for people that dont know my background, i posted this story farther back, will post one more time, so yall can see my picture and there was a video on me too. so here they are and i love friends. thanks again. just a hometown stags fan.