Someone explain to me this

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Re: Someone explain to me this

Post by Onion Rings »

if you knew him you could ask him yourself right

No Fly Zone
Emerald Vikings

Post by No Fly Zone »

DickDickerson79 wrote:Eagle93, has that been confirmed that "they" asked him to apply? Was that "they" someone making the decisions or just someone in the district making a call that has no decision making power at all? Just wondering.
He was one of three finalists out of a ton of applicants. I think it's pretty safe to assume he was asked to put his name in the hat.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

DickDickerson79 wrote:Eagle93, has that been confirmed that "they" asked him to apply? Was that "they" someone making the decisions or just someone in the district making a call that has no decision making power at all? Just wondering.
Yes. I talk to Greg.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

DickDickerson79 wrote:And how do you know "I don't know him?"
If you did you wouldn't be saying false things. He told me personally. We talked during the whole process.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

DickDickerson79, your comments sound you like Damefan and Coach Pippin.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

DickDickerson79
No Team Affiliation

Post by DickDickerson79 »

LOL! Greg is a good guy and will continue do an outstanding job at Greenville or wherever his next adventure lands him in a year or so. I wish your beloved Greenwood Eagles much success.

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Damefan »

DickDickerson79 wrote:LOL! Greg is a good guy and will continue do an outstanding job at Greenville or wherever his next adventure lands him in a year or so. I wish your beloved Greenwood Eagles much success.
Porter is a good coach and I agree with Dickerson he will do fine wherever he ultimately lands. Maybe he needs to try the lower state. I to also wish Greenwood much success in that you now have hometown people leading the charge for you. No longer can blame outsiders and lack of cultural knowledge to Greenwood anymore.

By the way, Pippin didn’t forget how to coach, he just learned what everyone else already knew. Greenwood isn’t the power that they once were and may never be until they merge the two HS back together again.

P.S. I wouldn’t have raised my head into the conversation until you brought my name in it.

DickDickerson79
No Team Affiliation

Post by DickDickerson79 »

Well said Damefan. And good luck to all. Let us all remember, these are 15-18 year old kids.

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

Damefan wrote:
DickDickerson79 wrote:LOL! Greg is a good guy and will continue do an outstanding job at Greenville or wherever his next adventure lands him in a year or so. I wish your beloved Greenwood Eagles much success.
Porter is a good coach and I agree with Dickerson he will do fine wherever he ultimately lands. Maybe he needs to try the lower state. I to also wish Greenwood much success in that you now have hometown people leading the charge for you. No longer can blame outsiders and lack of cultural knowledge to Greenwood anymore.

By the way, Pippin didn’t forget how to coach, he just learned what everyone else already knew. Greenwood isn’t the power that they once were and may never be until they merge the two HS back together again.

P.S. I wouldn’t have raised my head into the conversation until you brought my name in it.
Don't come on here talking about my school and community like you know everything. You say Pippin didn't forget how to coach? Well he damn sure forgot how to win. Greenwood has never and doesn't need anyone elses players to win. Emerald has been around since the mid 90s. Greenwood has won 4 State Titles since emeralds been around. Countless region titles. Did you go to any of Dan Pippins games at greenwood? If you did you'd hear other coaches calling out the plays before they happen
AND the fans. I'm so tired of people coming on here not from Greenwood thinking they know so much about my community and how we do things around here. Dan Pippin is a nice man but a terrible fit for Greenwood football. People like him can't relate to the people or kids in this town. He should have been fired if you ask me. Getting beat 50 something to nothing multiple times. Embarrassing

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

All these posters with no team affiliation taking shots at other people's schools. :roll: :roll: :roll: