Get ready for the show!!

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Get ready for the show!!

Post by DeCav »

I thought your Raiders looked REALLY good Friday night. That first drive was textbook for the Raiders and your defense looked solid also. My poor nephew was pretty disheartened after the 1st quarter of play. The only other football games he's ever been to were the last two that we lost last season. He's only 8 but the poor guy was already lamenting that he was a curse.

I had to explain to him that he'd never be the curse that Trojangrad78 is.

I have to confess that I wasn't sure we'd hang with the Raiders after watching their first couple of drives. RebFAn74 has already posted that your boys looked solid even in the loss and it wasn't a cause for them to drop in his eyes in rank.

I'm wondering if the roster depth had any impact. It wasn't a route by any definition. It just looked as the night wore on that Dorman was able to slowly pull away. That and there were some turnovers and busted plays that probably make the game seem not as close as it really was.

Greenville will definitely make some noise in 4A. The only two things I thought were that your QB needs better protection. He seemed to be scrambling all night long. I much prefer the 4-3 defense and man coverage that Dorman seemed to be implementing.

Also, I was updating Scorestream a lot Friday night so I probably didn't have eyes on the action as much as I'd have like to but it looked like Greenville abandoned the run too early. Had Dorman shut it down? Because it looked to me like our pass defense was much better than our run defense. I felt like Greenville had become one dimensional by the 4th quarter.

I think NW or SP are going to give you guys all you can handle. If you can find a way to win at least one of those two games, it will be a statement.

The new Dorman staff and scheme seem to be better than expected. I don't eat much crow on this site but for years I've been warning that a Gutshall exit could really show how far Dorman could fall. I was a bit shocked that the Cavs looked as fresh as they did. Fresh as in a new kind of Cavalier experience. We'll wait and see. North Augusta might give us the smack down. One week at a time and I'm not gonna be a homer this year either. What I'm feeling after Friday is best described as a hopeful optimism.

Good luck the rest of the season! In the end, I'm pulling for NW just because of my history with them and some good friendships but I'm definitely a Greenville fan also now. They were never on my radar until Friday night so I'm also glad we scheduled your boys. It's always nice to see a Greenville county team succeeding.

Peace out!
DeCav
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Re: Get ready for the show!!

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

Was a great game and Dorman will make noise this season once they get the new system down packed but they wore my RED RAIDERS down and it's like the offense started shooting ourselves in the foot with mistakes other than that it would've been down to the wire. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season