PLAYOFF BRACKETS, how would you like to see them?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

How would you like to see the Football Playoffs?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:42 pm

JUST REGION CHAMPIONS WITH ONE BYE
8%
JUST REGION CHAMPIONS WITH ONE AT LARGE
8%
REGION CHAMPIONS AND RUNNER UPS WITH TWO BYES
No votes
REGION CHAMPIONS AND RUNNER UPS WITH TWO AT LARGE
8%
32 TEAM BRACKET LIKE WE HAVE NOW
42%
24 TEAM BRACKET WITH 8 BYES TO THE 7 REGION CHAMPS AND 1 RUNNER UP
17%
24 TEAM BRACKET WITH 8 BYES TO THE BEST 8 TEAMS
17%

Total votes: 12

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

PLAYOFF BRACKETS, how would you like to see them?

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Keeping in mind that we have 7 regions and normal brackets always use even numbers, so you will have to have some sort of work around...

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Re: PLAYOFF BRACKETS, how would you like to see them?

Post by CITYSLICKER »

ONE WHERE YOU GO AWAY FOREVER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

Go back to what we had. Division 1 and Division 2 in the top classification. Point’s system where every game counts. Eleven game regular season and four playoff weeks. If it’s an ego thing then keep calling it 5A and drop 1A. Whatever floats your boat. This 5A crap we have now is showing us why we had two divisions for 40 years! Nothing has changed.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Coach Jordan's AAA with split divisions for play offs made the most sense when all this went down, but was rejected.

If not only is the best solution for football, but all sports in terms of competitive balance, travel distance, and play off opportunities.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I love this idea
bringthewood wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:00 pm
Coach Jordan's AAA with split divisions for play offs made the most sense when all this went down, but was rejected.

If not only is the best solution for football, but all sports in terms of competitive balance, travel distance, and play off opportunities.
along with
Tigerific wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:36 am
Point’s system where every game counts. Eleven game regular season and four playoff weeks.
You would have:

.....A, AA and AAA for the season,

.....6 brackets with 16 teams for the playoffs seeded by a simple point system based on 10 of your 11 games.

For other sports, do the brackets split or together, whatever the coaches decide is best for their sport.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

I liked it too but too much of an ego problem at the SCHSL that’s why we have 5A. That’s why I said drop 1A and call it whatever you want. I’m not looking for an easy way or everyone gets a trophy but it’s been proven there’s too much disparity in the top class.

Tiger84
Conway Tigers

Post by Tiger84 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:29 pm
I love this idea
bringthewood wrote:

along with
Tigerific wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:36 am
Point’s system where every game counts. Eleven game regular season and four playoff weeks.
You would have:

.....A, AA and AAA for the season,

.....6 brackets with 16 teams for the playoffs seeded by a simple point system based on 10 of your 11 games.

For other sports, do the brackets split or together, whatever the coaches decide is best for their sport.
I agree as well, this is a great idea. Each Division could be made up of 60 to 68 teams. 8 regions with 8+/- teams per region. Some will say 6 champions is to many for this state, but it's the same ratio as the NFL. One champ per every 32+/- teams. Most importantly it would create the most balance, from a competitive standpoint, in the playoffs we have ever had.

Tiger84
Conway Tigers

Post by Tiger84 »

Tigerific wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:50 pm
I liked it too but too much of an ego problem at the SCHSL that’s why we have 5A. That’s why I said drop 1A and call it whatever you want. I’m not looking for an easy way or everyone gets a trophy but it’s been proven there’s too much disparity in the top class.
If it's an ego problem, just put whatever number makes people feel good about themselves in front of the "A". If they want to keep up with the Jones' call it 7A, 6A and 5A. I'm just looking for a level playing field.

Tiger84
Conway Tigers

Post by Tiger84 »

bringthewood wrote:

Two thumps up sir!

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

We can’t beat Aynor or anyone for that matter right now but we will be back soon. Going to take three years to get out of this hole we’re in. When we do get back in the hunt I hope the playing field is level again. I know somebody is always going to be at a disadvantage but it seems like we’re always on the bottom. Anyway if you think about how many kids in 5A are playing for one championship compared to the other classes. That’s a big disparity and we need to come up with a different solution. All the talk about level playing fields in 2A with the charter schools is great and I hope there’s a solution for that soon. However 5A needs attention too. Hard to compete against schools twice your size. Think about it if your school was in that situation.