Southpointe @ Northwestern

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
NHSTrojan
Northwestern Trojans

Southpointe @ Northwestern

Post by NHSTrojan »

This one is for the city of Rock Hill and Region 3 AAAA Championship. I’m curious what our Stallion friends think about this one.

Northwestern is healthy and playing well in every phase of the game, however this matchup seems to bring a different kind of intensity to it. Stallions have seemed to struggle the last two weeks with Lancaster and Indian Land. New QB’s v Indian Land which is interesting. I’m looking forward to seeing the Trojans face more of a test than we have seen since week 0. Averaging over 35 points in the first half of those 7 games is impressive, but not expected this week. The fact that Southpointe has only scored 35 in a game one time this year is another interesting fact. I do expect the Trojans to win the game, but feeling comfortable about it before 10pm Friday is a different story.

What do you all think? Especially the Stallions of the board.

viking84
Spartanburg Vikings

Re: Southpointe @ Northwestern

Post by viking84 »

NHSTrojan wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:49 pm
This one is for the city of Rock Hill and Region 3 AAAA Championship. I’m curious what our Stallion friends think about this one.

Northwestern is healthy and playing well in every phase of the game, however this matchup seems to bring a different kind of intensity to it. Stallions have seemed to struggle the last two weeks with Lancaster and Indian Land. New QB’s v Indian Land which is interesting. I’m looking forward to seeing the Trojans face more of a test than we have seen since week 0. Averaging over 35 points in the first half of those 7 games is impressive, but not expected this week. The fact that Southpointe has only scored 35 in a game one time this year is another interesting fact. I do expect the Trojans to win the game, but feeling comfortable about it before 10pm Friday is a different story.

What do you all think? Especially the Stallions of the board.
Going to be a good one but the way Northwestern is playing gotta go with them..

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

NHSTrojan wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:49 pm
This one is for the city of Rock Hill
Well it would be nice to see this game based on the expectations beforehand. I could see this one going Northwestern's way based on all the raw data; however, being a HUGE rivalry game causes me to think about it a little longer. All the numbers lean towards the Trojans and maybe even by double digits.

Common opponents:
South Pointe: Lost to Gaffney 27-21... Beat Rock Hill 35-13...Beat Indianland 21-8 .... Beat Lancaster 29-26
Northwestern: Beat Gaffney 49-24......Beat Rock Hill 56-14...Beat Indianland 45-14 ... Beat Lancaster 59-6

Even with the Rivalry, I have to go with the Trojans; but maybe not as big as some would expect. Maybe a 28-24 type of game!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

AngryMax
No Team Affiliation

Post by AngryMax »

This game will not be very close.

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

Northwestern has a better Head Coach, end of the story.

No Fly Zone
Emerald Vikings

Post by No Fly Zone »

Wildstallion2 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:48 am
Do you think he'll ever make the jump like Kyle Richardson did?

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

No Fly Zone wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:21 pm
Wildstallion2 wrote:
If he had stayed at Daniel for more than a year I think he would be coaching college now. He coached a ton of Clemson coaches kids and the coaches all were impressed by him. But when NW came calling that was all she wrote and I don’t see him leaving there. It could happen but it would have to be a lucrative job opportunity.
Go Daniel Lions!!

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

No Fly Zone wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:21 pm
Wildstallion2 wrote:
I think that he needs a couple State Championships under his belt first with Northwestern,
one in the 4A and one in the 5A after the realignment.

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Post by Blister »

See Northwestern taking care of business in this one. Somehow South Pointe barely managed to get out of Lancaster with a win. Not a good sign. Wofford is an excellent coach and will win that battle.
As far as Wofford leaving for a higher paying job, rumor has it that Dorman wanted him when they had a vacancy last year, but he didn’t leave.

No Fly Zone
Emerald Vikings

Post by No Fly Zone »

Blister wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:32 pm
See Northwestern taking care of business in this one. Somehow South Pointe barely managed to get out of Lancaster with a win. Not a good sign. Wofford is an excellent coach and will win that battle.
As far as Wofford leaving for a higher paying job, rumor has it that Dorman wanted him when they had a vacancy last year, but he didn’t leave.
Dorman isn’t what I’m asking

They can’t pay what Charleston Southern or The Citadel can…