Realignment

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
BBurg_Wildcat 22
Blacksburg Wildcats

Realignment

Post by BBurg_Wildcat 22 »

Does anyone know when the new realignment will come out? Is there a link or something that shows predictions/projections for the new regions?

mayorofhooterville
Newberry Bulldogs

Re: Realignment

Post by mayorofhooterville »

They usually come out during the Christmas break.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

That won't be done until after the 135 ADA comes out, which wouldn't be until middle/end of March.

The 45 ADA is used to make a mock up, but there will a ton of drop outs, expulsions, withdrawals, etc.... between the two. So other than those schools that are squarely in the middle of a classification, and typically don't move regions there is a lot that can happen.

As always the 1st sorter is size, then geographic location. There are a couple of posters on here that like to play the what if game, and they will probably help scratch your itch more than I.

How much Cherokee county growth is Blacksburg getting? I rode up 29 here a while back, but didn't see much showing along there.

1fan
Emerald Vikings

Post by 1fan »

I heard rumor that Abbeville and 96 will go back to 1a next year.

BBurg_Wildcat 22
Blacksburg Wildcats

Post by BBurg_Wildcat 22 »

bringthewood wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:41 am
That won't be done until after the 135 ADA comes out, which wouldn't be until middle/end of March.

The 45 ADA is used to make a mock up, but there will a ton of drop outs, expulsions, withdrawals, etc.... between the two. So other than those schools that are squarely in the middle of a classification, and typically don't move regions there is a lot that can happen.

As always the 1st sorter is size, then geographic location. There are a couple of posters on here that like to play the what if game, and they will probably help scratch your itch more than I.

How much Cherokee county growth is Blacksburg getting? I rode up 29 here a while back, but didn't see much showing along there.
Blacksburg is getting little growth but not much. We will no doubt be square in middle of 2a, so we will stay put.

No Fly Zone
Emerald Vikings

Post by No Fly Zone »

1fan wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:07 pm
I heard rumor that Abbeville and 96 will go back to 1a next year.
Ninety Six makes sense because they don’t have the numbers.

Abbeville would never lose a game again if they moved to 1A.

clemson97
No Team Affiliation

Post by clemson97 »

bringthewood wrote:

Realignment is based on the 45 day ADM of grades, 9-11 now, not the 135 ADM. It will be released sometime around the middle of December, but won't be finalized until early February because of the appeals process.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

clemson97 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:26 pm
bringthewood wrote:

Realignment is based on the 45 day ADM of grades, 9-11 now, not the 135 ADM. It will be released sometime around the middle of December, but won't be finalized until early February because of the appeals process.
Agreed. Additionally, you can't use the SC Dept of Ed raw numbers. There are a lot of freshman academy, magnet and charter students that have to be allocated back to the school they can play for.

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

Must not be any major changes happening. Schools have been making schedules for weeks.

Redraider66
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Redraider66 »

Tigerific wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:12 am
Must not be any major changes happening. Schools have been making schedules for weeks.
Generally they always make schedules pending the realignment, they all anticipate to make calls after realignment but its just easier to only have to make 1 or 2 after realignment. You also have a general idea where they will fall. I wonder if they will keep 5a small or will they increase it back to 40?