Transfer Portal

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Transfer Portal

Post by Greerfan1 »

I feel like the high school transfer portal this off season is gonna be the worst we have seen, why do parents feel the need to get on Twitter and openly talk about moving their kids elsewhere and the worst is people agree.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by mikey »

Well from what I hear and read(Ledger) Gaffney is getting another QB from Ben Lippen next year.To your point about people liking it,the reaction has been mixed.A lot of folks from Gaffney feel like we should develop our own talent . I tend to agree,but then again who is going to develop it? I feel bad for our back up QB on last years team since basically his sophomore year was wasted sitting the bench because they done away it the 8 quarter rule.He could have been playing JV.Then again if the kid transfers you can’t not let him compete for the job.I don’t know how good the the kid from Ben Lippen is .Other than being 6”5 180 and throwing for 1700+ yards his sophomore year on a 6-5 team…anyone here happen to see him play?

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

mikey wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:50 am
Well from what I hear and read(Ledger) Gaffney is getting another QB from Ben Lippen next year.To your point about people liking it,the reaction has been mixed.A lot of folks from Gaffney feel like we should develop our own talent . I tend to agree,but then again who is going to develop it? I feel bad for our back up QB on last years team since basically his sophomore year was wasted sitting the bench because they done away it the 8 quarter rule.He could have been playing JV.Then again if the kid transfers you can’t not let him compete for the job.I don’t know how good the the kid from Ben Lippen is .Other than being 6”5 180 and throwing for 1700+ yards his sophomore year on a 6-5 team…anyone here happen to see him play?
I have not seen him, but that's impressive from a sophomore. I think we might get hit hard from transfers unfortunately.

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Post by Blister »

Seems to be the new tradition at Gaffney. With all the talent they always have on hand, one would think they could develop their own QB. Apparently not. First they went and got the kid from Blue Ridge that is now at Duke. Then last year went and got the kid from Gray (but in a way that must be some type of karma). Now this kid rolling in. Almost amazing that folks can just pack up and move to Gaffney just like that.

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

Blister wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:15 pm
Seems to be the new tradition at Gaffney. With all the talent they always have on hand, one would think they could develop their own QB. Apparently not. First they went and got the kid from Blue Ridge that is now at Duke. Then last year went and got the kid from Gray (but in a way that must be some type of karma). Now this kid rolling in. Almost amazing that folks can just pack up and move to Gaffney just like that.
Yeah it seems like QB's always find a way to Gaffney 😂, speaking of Region 2 my buddy told me Byrnes is having some of their best players leave. I wonder if they're going to Gaffney as well.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Blister wrote:
No one went out and got anyone…they all came to us…

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:49 pm
Blister wrote:
Yeah it seems like QB's always find a way to Gaffney 😂, speaking of Region 2 my buddy told me Byrnes is having some of their best players leave. I wonder if they're going to Gaffney as well.
I heard Westside..

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

mikey wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:32 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
Blister wrote:
I heard Westside..
I heard that as well ( 3 Byrnes going there ) but I also heard Hough ( NC ) could be an option as well.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:45 pm
mikey wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:
Blister wrote:
I heard Westside..
I heard that as well ( 3 Byrnes going there ) but I also heard Hough ( NC ) could be an option as well.
I can understand why a kid from a lower classification would want to transfer to a larger school..more exposure and level of competition..but in the case, for example, of the Byrnes players…maybe it’s coaching but I think they’re Lebroners( ring chasers)..

Fan4awhile
No Team Affiliation

Post by Fan4awhile »

mikey wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:
Blister wrote:
I heard Westside..
McKinney-Vento