GREENVILLE AT GAFFNEY

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
1CANNON
Gaffney Indians

GREENVILLE AT GAFFNEY

Post by 1CANNON »

The 0-2 Red Raiders trek 85 North to THE RESERVATION to face the 1-0 Indians.
Thoughts and predictions .
STILL SPEAKING THE TRUTH

BBurg_Wildcat 22
Blacksburg Wildcats

Re: GREENVILLE AT GAFFNEY

Post by BBurg_Wildcat 22 »

After beating JL Mann, I don't see the Indians having a let down. I will take Gaffney in this one.

Gaffney - 42
Greenville- 21

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

1CANNON wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:46 am
Might be a little let down after the game with Mann...but not much. Injuns win 45-17

Fear The Fox...

Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

1CANNON wrote:
Like I mentioned in previous post he lost of our defensive back field being stolen by Mann and Hillcrest and Drummond hightailing to MVP after Porter left our team is rebuilding this year and we are young and lack depth so I hope we can make it a competitive game but I feel bad for Coach Shaw being a new coach at Greenville and coming to a different state walking into a mess of players who jumped ship during summer workouts and having o loyalty to the cause and before some say that we shouldn't cry wolf because we was the recruiting wolf all i'ma say was Larry Frost a recruiter was Jim Sosebee recruiting was Phil Magdic recruiting was Crane recruiting no so we wasn't known for recruiting only Porter brought it to Greenville because he couldn't win without recruiting as to why he's struggling at Laurens right now but I pray Coach Shaw get the program to the way he wants it soon

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:59 pm
1CANNON wrote:
Like I mentioned in previous post he lost of our defensive back field being stolen by Mann and Hillcrest and Drummond hightailing to MVP after Porter left our team is rebuilding this year and we are young and lack depth so I hope we can make it a competitive game but I feel bad for Coach Shaw being a new coach at Greenville and coming to a different state walking into a mess of players who jumped ship during summer workouts and having o loyalty to the cause and before some say that we shouldn't cry wolf because we was the recruiting wolf all i'ma say was Larry Frost a recruiter was Jim Sosebee recruiting was Phil Magdic recruiting was Crane recruiting no so we wasn't known for recruiting only Porter brought it to Greenville because he couldn't win without recruiting as to why he's struggling at Laurens right now but I pray Coach Shaw get the program to the way he wants it soon
You can believe what you want but Greenville has straight up poached players from Berea Carolina Southside woodmont etc for the last 20 years. I have lives in Greenville for over 25 years and know so you can stop with the feel sorry for us card. Greenville in the 90s was fielding 30/40 players and getting it handed to them on the regular.
Then frost comes in and over night they are dressing out 60 plus and putting on people. Just stop it. Porter was even worse because Greenville is maxed out past capacity.
There are siblings of current students there currently who can’t go to school there . However a D1 point guard from Hillcrest wants to transfer everything is A ok.
Karma is working it’s way back .

Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:11 pm
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
1CANNON wrote:
You can believe what you want but Greenville has straight up poached players from Berea Carolina Southside woodmont etc for the last 20 years. I have lives in Greenville for over 25 years and know so you can stop with the feel sorry for us card. Greenville in the 90s was fielding 30/40 players and getting it handed to them on the regular.
Then frost comes in and over night they are dressing out 60 plus and putting on people. Just stop it. Porter was even worse because Greenville is maxed out past capacity.
There are siblings of current students there currently who can’t go to school there . However a D1 point guard from Hillcrest wants to transfer everything is A ok.
Lol hiw are you going to tell me about neighborhoods I grew up in and families of these players are from the same neighborhood Boswell was murdered in the same West Greenville neighborhood and I played ball with Peppers olde4 brothers also from West Greenville I played with Jameson uncle also from West Greenville Boswell momma and my momma went to Parker High together both from West Greenville West Greenville is zoned for Greenville High so once again how were they recruited to a school they were assigned to? You trying to tell me about Greenville politics is like me trying to tell you about Daniel when I can't because I didn't go there and I'm not from Central

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

[/quote]
Lol hiw are you going to tell me about neighborhoods I grew up in and families of these players are from the same neighborhood Boswell was murdered in the same West Greenville neighborhood and I played ball with Peppers olde4 brothers also from West Greenville I played with Jameson uncle also from West Greenville Boswell momma and my momma went to Parker High together both from West Greenville West Greenville is zoned for Greenville High so once again how were they recruited to a school they were assigned to? You trying to tell me about Greenville politics is like me trying to tell you about Daniel when I can't because I didn't go there and I'm not from Central
[/quote]

I can vouch for a lot of what 02 is saying. West Greenville used to be loaded with athletes. May still be, Idk, I'm old and don't live in Greenville anymore. They never really needed to recruit. Problem is most of them couldn't or wouldn't stay out of trouble. I'm from Berea and I spent a lot of time in and around West Greenville. No knock on them they made their choices. But back to the original quote...a good many kids that transferred to Greenville did so for basketball and some of them played football. They had a good many transfer out as well esp for basketball. Coach Frost and Coach Sosebee had success with the zoned kids. Idk about Magdic. Crane was an old Byrnes guy so he may have dabbled a little in getting some kids but Porter was straight up and open about getting kids from all over. Sosebee was an old Parker guy so he knew where to find the kids and how to encourage them to come out. I can only imagine the teams Parker could've had if they hadn't closed in '85.

02 what part of WG are you from? I spent a lot of time many years ago between Birnie, Gower, W. Washington, Hudson, Pinkney and Viola Street just to name a few. Many of my old homeboy's homes aren't even around anymore.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:51 am
Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:11 pm
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
1CANNON wrote:
You can believe what you want but Greenville has straight up poached players from Berea Carolina Southside woodmont etc for the last 20 yea
. I have lives in Greenville for over 25 years and know so you can stop with the feel sorry for us card. Greenville in the 90s was fielding 30/40 players and getting it handed to them on the regular.
Red raider if you’re coming to the game…be aware there is going to be parking problems…even for us home folk.?
There will be a couple of pay lots 5$,but my guess is they fill up fast with home folks that don’t get season tickets like me..I’m hoping to get a handicap spot myself,but that’s doubtful…they fill up fast with people who have undoubtedly borrowed a placard. :roll:

Chief Whoa
Gaffney Indians

Post by Chief Whoa »

It is Coach Boo Boo night! No way the Tribe lose this one!
284 INDIANS GAMES IN A ROW AND COUNTING!

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

The good news : everybody got to play ….a lot of starters didnt play the 2nd half and the backups got some good reps..some of them impressed.SCISA QB had a couple of nice down field throws when he he did throw deep..he really didn’t have to and I hear it’s by design..Kids gonna be special I don’t care what D dub says..

Bad News : starting DB Damontia Duff #3 suffered a clean break of his lower leg on the first drive of the game and will have surgery this morning..please keep this young man in your prayers..

Side note : if there is a better game disrupter in the state than Andrew Ruppe #0..I wanna see him..

Next up..Freedom HS..don’t know nothing about them except they stepped up when Crest chickened out and no one in this State with a open date wanted none including ole Tommy boy..