Round 3 Playoff Games

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Round 3 Playoff Games

Post by racincowboy02 »

The games this week in both D1 and D2 are pretty interesting matchups.

In the D1 bracket you have Fort Dorchester hosting Hillcrest. I don't know much about Fort D but from what I have heard when they played Gaffney they seem to be ready to make a it known that they are busting out of Summerville's shadow so to speak. I mean they have beat them twice and ended their season last night. The thing I wonder about is how can they stop Hillcrest pass happy attack. Hillcrest has speed and hasn't played a close game but once this year and that was against Westside. Can Hillcrest stop the power run game of Fort D only time will tell.

The other D1 match up has Dutch Fork hosting Byrnes. I don't know what to think of this game yet. Dutch Fork put it on a pretty good Dorman team but the defense let them almost come back and take it from them. Can Byrnes stop the run and get penetration against that big offensive line? Can Dutch Fork keep the dangerous Byrnes receiving core in check and limit the running back from Byrnes to minimal damage

In the D2 bracket you have a couple of interesting match ups as well. The first game is York hosting Greenwood. Greenwood has struggled this year but seems to be hitting on all cylinders at the right time. York seems to be chugging right along as well. Greenwood appears to be young and a little inexperienced but it is Greenwood and you always know they will be a tough out. York seems to be a tough out as well but has struggled against some pretty good competition game should be interesting to say the least

The next game is South Florence hosting Spartanburg. Don't know anything about South Florence I will let Band Dad and some others give their input on them. Spartanburg seems to be almost back to the glory days although they have struggled without their stud running back. Could Spartanburg pull the upset and end the bruins season or does south Florence end the Vikings run as a Cinderella team and bring them back to reality
Last edited by racincowboy02 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

ramboi44
Hillcrest Rams

Re: Round 3 Playoff Games

Post by ramboi44 »

I beg to differ greenwood vs hillcrest 35-16..is not close....gw led 16 14 at the half....the only loss was a close one 24 23 westside. ...

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Ok ram im sorry I stand corrected I apologize for the misinformation. Good luck this week

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

ramboi44 wrote:I beg to differ greenwood vs hillcrest 35-16..is not close....gw led 16 14 at the half....the only loss was a close one 24 23 westside. ...
I'm glad you guys are doing well, but in fairness to Greenwood we were having serious issues earlier in the year. With some personnel changes and time, this seems to have been remedied.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

racincowboy02 wrote:Could Spartanburg pull the upset and end the Bruins season or does South Florence end the Vikings run as a Cinderella team and bring them back to reality?
Yes. :|

Either of those distinct possibilities could play out. I'm not sure that many people would consider a Spartanburg win an upset.

In the spirt of fair play and sportsmanship,.... I have selected a route from Spartanburg HS to Flo Memorial Stadium that avoids all of the Black Friday traffic.

Map: SHS to Flo Memorial - avoiding traffic congestion ;)

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

SF Band dad wrote:
racincowboy02 wrote:Could Spartanburg pull the upset and end the Bruins season or does South Florence end the Vikings run as a Cinderella team and bring them back to reality?

Either of those distinct possibilities could play out. I'm not sure that many people would consider a Spartanburg win an upset.

In the spirt of fair play and sportsmanship,.... I have selected a route from Spartanburg HS to Flo Memorial Stadium that avoids all of the Black Friday traffic.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

SF Band dad wrote:

LOVE IT! I should have taken that route last night to Dutch Fork. I think I might have enjoyed myself a lot more and would have stayed much warmer.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

uknowit
No Team Affiliation

Post by uknowit »

I will go with Spartanburg. Talked with a coach in the playoffs a couple of weeks ago who had seen most of the supposed contenders from below the Columbia area. He told me he thought they were all vastly over rated. To this point, it appears he knew what he was talking about. Almost all of the prime contenders are at home.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Yea don't be sleeping on South Florence though they aren't that shabby of a team and plus to me Stratford was weak this year anyway they lost a lot from what I can remember from last years state title game

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

South Florence eyes trip to first state title game
Lou Bezjak | Morning News | SCNow.com

FLORENCE, S.C. — From its practice schedule and approach, South Florence coach David Prince has tried to keep things as normal as possible headed into tonight’s Class 4A Division II state semifinal game against Spartanburg.

But it’s hardly just another game for the Bruins, who are trying to trying to become the first Florence city school to play for a Class 4A championship in football. West Florence (2003) and Wilson (2007) played for state titles but were in Class 3A.

And until recently, South Florence was hardly known for its prowess on the gridiron.

< Excerpt - Full article at the headline link >