4A Standings, Points and Opponent Win-Loss totals

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

4A Standings, Points and Opponent Win-Loss totals

Post by SF Band dad »

This topic has been locked and a new one started.

Here's a link to the new page: 4A Standings, Points and Opponent Win-Loss totals

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: 2013 4A Standings, Points and Opponent Win/Loss totals

Post by SF Band dad »

That glorious time of the year when everyone is tied for 1st Place,.....but not really. They are sorted by the max & min playoff points that their schedule could yield.
  • Dorman's schedule yields the most points: 39-27 with mark-offs, 47-33 without.
  • Bluffton's schedule yields the least: 36-21 with mark-offs, 41-17 without.
The schedule above will update whenever I update the source file stored on my dropbox. During the season it is my intention to post the updates as soon as all the scores are available. The date & time stamp indicates when I last made some changes and hit the "Save" button.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Re: 2013 4A Standings, Points and Opponent Win-Loss totals

Post by mikey »

I can see this being a very nice feature come the football season. I'm glad there are smart people in this world to make my life easier. Might even be the type thing that set's this board off.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

mikey wrote:I can see this being a very nice feature come the football season. I'm glad there are smart people in this world to make my life easier. Might even be the type thing that set's this board off.
Thanks! That's kinda' what we're thinking. Accurate and up-to-date schedules and standings will be popular - nobody is providing good, state-wide information now. Most websites just order the lists by overall record, not region record. None of them take points or other tie-breakers into account. Throw in RF-74's projections, some polls and lively discussion and this site might be pretty popular. :D

Now if we can just figure out how to make a near real-time scoreboard work. :ugeek:

BYRNES#1
Byrnes Rebels

Post by BYRNES#1 »

AWESOME SFBD, this will not hurt the board at all & I agree with Mikey, lil things like this can & most likely will get this board jumping with traffic. Great job!!!
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell!

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I concur. Very exciting! Other sites might be forced to follow suit if they wanna keep up with the traffic that this will generate on Friday nights.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I'll be the first to point out a mistake...

We don't have an opening game yet, you can't count our 11th opponent yet... :lol:

Get used to that kind of message!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:I'll be the first to point out a mistake...

We don't have an opening game yet, you can't count our 11th opponent yet... :lol:

Yeah, It will be particularly true with 3A. I'm building the spreadsheet and I've figured out that you can't actually figure out how many points a team might end-up with unless you consider how many of their opponents will play each other in the remaining games. I'm still wondering how to do it or if I should even try.

I fixed Byrnes' and NW's points. :mrgreen:

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

SF Band dad wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:I'll be the first to point out a mistake...

Yeah, It will be particularly true with 3A. I'm building the spreadsheet and I've figured out that you can't actually figure out how many points a team might end-up with unless you consider how many of their opponents will play each other in the remaining games. I'm still wondering how to do it or if I should even try.

I fixed Byrnes' and NW's points. :mrgreen:
Rumor has it that 3a will be changing anyway.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

cavaliereagle wrote: Rumor has it that 3a will be changing anyway.
I assume you mean in 2014? :?