ot the 'other" board

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
mikey
Gaffney Indians

ot the 'other" board

Post by mikey »

Is it down for the rest of u also ? Maybe we can get some conversation going on here.

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Re: ot the 'other" board

Post by cavaliereagle »

mikey wrote:Is it down for the rest of u also ? Maybe we can get some conversation going on here.
Down for me bro. That would be great. I like this one better anyways. I'll start a new thread. We'll argue about something never discussed...Byrnes and Gaffney. :lol:
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

mikey wrote:Is it down for the rest of u also ? Maybe we can get some conversation going on here.
That would be fine, but not too much, we're averaging 557 pageviews per day. We'll have to upgrade to a paid account once we regularly average over 1000 per day. (30K per month)

We know that's going to happen, DeCav and I are looking at alternative hosting options. Forumatic is great for a small board with 30 or 40 members, it's free. But we'll blow the doors off if we're still here in August. We are hopeful that we'll be able to migrate the board to the new host and most members will notice little difference. The old address will redirect you to the new one and everything will be there. The worst case scenario is we have to start over with a new host.

BYRNES#1
Byrnes Rebels

Post by BYRNES#1 »

Do what you got to do man, those ads at PFT stopped for me for a few weeks but they are back now & going strong. :evil:
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell!

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I think it is like the famous quote: "If you build it, they will come!"

As long as we have the quality, moderation, and content, we will have visitors. Those three are the key. Will they be willing to PAY for it, well that is another story alltogether.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

dawgfan83
Boiling Springs Bulldogs

Post by dawgfan83 »

What kind of cost would we be talking? I would be willing to pay a monthly fee although I do not post nearly as much as others it is still entertaining. :D

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

The cost depends on how many "pageviews" the board gets. Here's a link to Forumatic's pricing page, click on personal plans. I think the worst case would be $29 per month, maybe $69 in November.

Once we move to a paid account we can sell advertising space on the top and bottom banner, if that doesn't cover it we'll consider putting out a tip jar.

No worries. ;)

If we can successfully migrate to a more traditional host like GoDaddy.com, the cost drops to about $9 a month with unlimited pageviews. (We would then have to do the database and software maintenance ourselves, but our research leads us to believe it's not really much work at all.)

We ended up with about 15,000 pageviews in March, halfway to the max for a free account.