Brand hired as new Irmo football coach

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

By Emery Glover | May 21, 2019 at 12:12 PM EDT - Updated May 22 at 7:06 AM
:arrow: https://www.wistv.com/2019/05/21/brand- ... all-coach/

Fan4awhile
No Team Affiliation

Re: Brand hired as new Irmo football coach

Post by Fan4awhile »

I could be wrong but didn’t that steal headsets from a school in N.C.? And now he lands one of the highest paid jobs in SC? Again maybe wrong guy. Believe in 2nd chances but fell into a good job other than Coach Knotts being next door

btango
No Team Affiliation

Post by btango »

In 2009 Brand went to Indy as Knotts OC after being HC at West Charlotte for a season after being at Indy previous to 2008 with TK. Brand took the head sets from WC. As Indy got on the bus to their first game at Mallard Creek, Brand was removed from his position by CMS. Brand was later returned to his position and became the OC st Mallard Creek in 2010-13 where they won their first state title in 2013. He then hit the HC job at Vance. I am not sure but I think CMS felt they were their property but had not been purchased by CMS or the booster club.

Aaron Brand is not without flaws but I have known him for years and he looks after his players and has always been a stand up guy. I am an AB fan, both the coach and the man! His son has incredible football gifts. Should be fun to watch come up in the system.

Football Maniac
No Team Affiliation

Post by Football Maniac »

Btango....I was also told that his son is a very gifted QB. Was told different teams (Pop Warner & AAU) have been trying to get him to play for them. I see him playing for Irmo MS for one year and then playing either 9th grade or JV ball as an 8th grader. That will give him 4 years on varsity with his dad. Irmo has some nasty athletes and can be a great team if Brand can get all of them out.