Dutch Fork(S.C.) vs Mallard Creek(N.C.) ESPN2

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Dutch Fork(S.C.) vs Mallard Creek(N.C.) ESPN2

Post by TheSilverFox »

DF returns some talent on both sides of the ball and Mallard Creek traditionally has a very good and BIG football squad so this should be a good one on national television.

What are your predictions and thoughts on the matchup?
Last edited by TheSilverFox on Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Re: Dutch Fork(S.C.) vs Mallard Creek(N.C.) ESPN2

Post by racincowboy02 »

Dutch Fork should win hands down. I don't know much about Mallard Creek but I will be watching this game for sure cause Gaffney plays them week 3 at the Reservation

purpleandorange
Northwestern Trojans

Post by purpleandorange »

racincowboy02 wrote:Dutch Fork should win hands down. I don't know much about Mallard Creek but I will be watching this game for sure cause Gaffney plays them week 3 at the Reservation
If you don't know anything about MC then how do you predict DF should win hands down? I do realize that pulling against Tommy Knotts has been extremely hard to do lately and that the DF offense should be quite lethal. I understand that DF has a few new linemen and have to replace a few on defense including the safety who seemed to control the entire secondary at times last season. Reading up on MC they seem to have a good mix of boys with college offers both through their skill players and linemen. If DF wins this "hands down" then the rest of SC is in for a long season of Silverfox dominance!

NCFootball12
No Team Affiliation

Post by NCFootball12 »

If MC can get them one dimensional ( shut down run) then I think they have a shot. Can they get pressure on DF with just 4 in passing downs?

TK is the best I have ever seen making an over aggressive defense look silly. Screen game has always been successful and he has the kind of speed on the outside that only takes one bad angle and it's 6. Will they try and box Hyatt and make someone else beat them?

MC has a new OC this year, will they come out aggressive and make DF cover their 4 wies? Lot of talk about DF passing game but the MC kids are quick and can make those mesh routes be very tough to cover. Noller throws a very catchable ball and catches those kids in stride.

On paper- I think its the most talented MC team we have seen since 2011. Hard to know exactly what it all looks like especially in Week 1. Neither team got a scrimmage in last week so you know that some silly mistakes will be in play. MC Creek practices physical and I assume TK's kids get after it as well. You also wonder what bright lights and what the World Wide Leader does to 16 and 17 year olds, should be a good one.

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

I would rather have seen the Dutch Fork/Sumter scrimmage before making a prediction. I’ll give a slight edge to the home team. They got some holes to fill, especially on the o-line, but three straight championships...kinda hard to pick against them right now until you see how they look in a real game.

purpleandorange
Northwestern Trojans

Post by purpleandorange »

bbrown1240 wrote:I would rather have seen the Dutch Fork/Sumter scrimmage before making a prediction. I’ll give a slight edge to the home team. They got some holes to fill, especially on the o-line, but three straight championships...kinda hard to pick against them right now until you see how they look in a real game.
Not a thing to argue with in your post! I do hate that both DF and MC didn't get to play this past Friday. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this Friday.

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by TheSilverFox »

Thanks for the feedback. Interested in seeing how both squads do this Friday. Coach Knotts has said we aren’t very good right now and he’s in game mode while everyone else is fat and happy so that’s definitely not a good thing to eat but I’m sure he’ll have them in game mode by Friday for sure.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

bbrown1240 wrote:I would rather have seen the Dutch Fork/Sumter scrimmage before making a prediction. I’ll give a slight edge to the home team. They got some holes to fill, especially on the o-line, but three straight championships...kinda hard to pick against them right now until you see how they look in a real game.
How did yall do.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

I saw an article in the Charlotte Observer talking about this game. Pretty confident that Mallard Creek would win. Glad to be able to watch this one from the recliner
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by TheSilverFox »

Penguin wrote:I saw an article in the Charlotte Observer talking about this game. Pretty confident that Mallard Creek would win. Glad to be able to watch this one from the recliner
Can you post the article link here somehow? I would like to read it.