Emerald Vikings

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
No Fly Zone
Emerald Vikings

Emerald Vikings

Post by No Fly Zone »

What is going on at the other school in Greenwood?

All of those athletes and all of that size and they are running the triple option? McMahon has lost his mind. Can anyone tell me what that change was all about?

That has to be one of the better situations in the upstate when it comes to an overall talent pool to trot out there on Friday nights and it looks to me like it's being wasted due to incompetence by their coaching staff (as usual). Thought he'd be retired or fired by now.

ST is going to wipe the floor with Emerald. Wouldn't be surprised to see Newberry, Clinton, and Union County do the same.

A long year awaits...

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Re: Emerald Vikings

Post by Deputy »

Emerald is a mystery. They had as much talent as anybody in upstate 3A last year. Can't imagine how they didn't win more games than they did. Seems like they would have won 8-9 just by rolling the balls out.

BigCity$
Greenwood Eagles

Post by BigCity$ »

No Fly Zone wrote:What is going on at the other school in Greenwood?

All of those athletes and all of that size and they are running the triple option? McMahon has lost his mind. Can anyone tell me what that change was all about?

That has to be one of the better situations in the upstate when it comes to an overall talent pool to trot out there on Friday nights and it looks to me like it's being wasted due to incompetence by their coaching staff (as usual). Thought he'd be retired or fired by now.

ST is going to wipe the floor with Emerald. Wouldn't be surprised to see Newberry, Clinton, and Union County do the same.

A long year awaits...
Emerald and Greenwood both have coaching issues. Need to find better coaches that won titles before.

BigCity$
Greenwood Eagles

Post by BigCity$ »

No Fly Zone wrote:What is going on at the other school in Greenwood?

A long year awaits...
Emerald and Greenwood both have coaching issues. Need to find better coaches that won titles before.

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

Deputy wrote:Emerald is a mystery. They had as much talent as anybody in upstate 3A last year. Can't imagine how they didn't win more games than they did. Seems like they would have won 8-9 just by rolling the balls out.
I know when Newberry went over to Emerald last year I was shocked at the size they had. It looked like a freaking college team. But, discipline really cost them that night, they had more than a handful of personal foul penalties.

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

I don't get that situation either. Emerald leaves it all on the field whenever they play Greenwood and roll over when they get into region play. They have the same mold of players as Greenwood. Like Greenwood the Emerald coach has been there for years and done nothing. It's a mentality thing probably

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

the players are there, but a good coach is hard to find

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

A bit surprised a coaching move wasnt made there after last year. They were huge up front on both sides of the ball. Had the big kid that went to Auburn, I think they had a lid that got a scholarly to Liberty, and had a kid wearing #2 that was as talented an offensive threat as anyone I saw all year. Obviously there is a coaching issue somewhere if they couldn't win with that talent at their disposal.

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Deputy wrote:A bit surprised a coaching move wasnt made there after last year. They were huge up front on both sides of the ball. Had the big kid that went to Auburn, I think they had a lid that got a scholarly to Liberty, and had a kid wearing #2 that was as talented an offensive threat as anyone I saw all year. Obviously there is a coaching issue somewhere if they couldn't win with that talent at their disposal.

The Emerald coach is probably a really good athletic director as to why he hasn't been replaced. Improvements to their facilities, money brought in, and sponsorships can buy you a hell of a lot of time even if you don't win at football.

ManigoEra
Greenwood Eagles

Post by ManigoEra »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
Deputy wrote:A bit surprised a coaching move wasnt made there after last year. They were huge up front on both sides of the ball. Had the big kid that went to Auburn, I think they had a lid that got a scholarly to Liberty, and had a kid wearing #2 that was as talented an offensive threat as anyone I saw all year. Obviously there is a coaching issue somewhere if they couldn't win with that talent at their disposal.

The Emerald coach is probably a really good athletic director as to why he hasn't been replaced. Improvements to their facilities, money brought in, and sponsorships can buy you a hell of a lot of time even if you don't win at football.
That's sad if true. Used to be about winning. If you win all that other stuff will fall into place anyway. Just about money. And that's a damn shame..... I really hope this isn't going on at Greenwood. After 5 years and no hardware u start to wonder :roll: