2020 Dorman football schedule

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

2020 Dorman football schedule

Post by NuclearCav90 »

Apparently the Cavs are having some issues filling out their 2020 schedule. This is what happens when you only get four region games as opposed to 7. These small regions are stupid- let’s go back to 8 team regions. So far, in addition to region opponents Riverside, Wade Hampton, Spartanburg and Byrnes the Cavs will play at Gaffney and will host Sumter. That still leave four games left to schedule. I am guessing one will be Boiling Springs and one may be either Northwestern or Rock Hill but I’ve seen nothing in writing (online) concerning that yet. And recently, Dorman football’s Twitter feed posted this: We are looking for a home/home for Sept 4th 2020 or Sept 25th 2020. We must be home this year. We are a 5A School (largest classification in SC) and played for the state championship 3 out of the last 5 years. Please contact Head Coach Dave Gutshall gutshadm@spart6.org. It looks like some teams just don’t wish to play at Dorman. It looks like they might be looking outside SC now. Hopefully the Cavs can find good opponents to complete their 2020 schedule. A couple of Georgia teams have expressed interest so far...

DHSCavsFan
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: 2020 Dorman football schedule

Post by DHSCavsFan »

I do not understand why Dorman and Dutch Fork do not come to agreement to play each other. I agree with you 8 school regions are the best, not only for football, but especially for other sports.

tigergirl
Northwestern Trojans

Post by tigergirl »

You won't be playing NW. They dropped everyone from what a coach told me. Dorman and NW have had some great games over the years. Only game NW has to keep is South Pointe. Can wait to see who we will play. Must be a soft @$$$# schedule

NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by NuclearCav90 »

DHSCavsFan wrote:I do not understand why Dorman and Dutch Fork do not come to agreement to play each other. I agree with you 8 school regions are the best, not only for football, but especially for other sports.
Dorman and Dutch Fork have played in the regular season before. This looks like a good time to renew that series. Will make us better. And the way things are set up, we can take non-region losses in the regular season- the non-region games are pretty much glorified scrimmages anyway.

NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by NuclearCav90 »

tigergirl wrote:You won't be playing NW. They dropped everyone from what a coach told me. Dorman and NW have had some great games over the years. Only game NW has to keep is South Pointe. Can wait to see who we will play. Must be a soft @$$$# schedule
That’s too bad. I really hope Northwestern can get their program back up to the level we all became accustomed to them being at and that we can have more great games with them in the future!

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

It’s tough with the smaller regions. I remember 8-10 years ago Sumter had to schedule WJ Keenan just to fill the schedule. Also, when you are a pretty good team, there will be teams that will not want to play you.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

NuclearCav90 wrote:Apparently the Cavs are having some issues filling out their 2020 schedule. This is what happens when you only get four region games as opposed to 7. These small regions are stupid- let’s go back to 8 team regions. So far, in addition to region opponents Riverside, Wade Hampton, Spartanburg and Byrnes the Cavs will play at Gaffney and will host Sumter. That still leave four games left to schedule. I am guessing one will be Boiling Springs and one may be either Northwestern or Rock Hill but I’ve seen nothing in writing (online) concerning that yet. And recently, Dorman football’s Twitter feed posted this: We are looking for a home/home for Sept 4th 2020 or Sept 25th 2020. We must be home this year. We are a 5A School (largest classification in SC) and played for the state championship 3 out of the last 5 years. Please contact Head Coach Dave Gutshall gutshadm@spart6.org. It looks like some teams just don’t wish to play at Dorman. It looks like they might be looking outside SC now. Hopefully the Cavs can find good opponents to complete their 2020 schedule. A couple of Georgia teams have expressed interest so far...
We were trying to play yall also .didnt work out.we got a few teams trying to back out.thin we are looking for week 2 and possibly week 3.

NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by NuclearCav90 »

AngryMax
No Team Affiliation

Post by AngryMax »

Is there not a possibility of adding a week 11? 32 playoff teams out of 40 teams could get ugly early. If they do shorten playoffs a round may as well use week 11 as a revenue possibility.

May be smart to make is a non region game, in case weather costs us especially the lower state teams a week or two. Easier to reschedule lost region games without extending playoffs and either having shrine and north south same day or north-south and WOC on same day.

sparked_up
Northwestern Trojans

Post by sparked_up »

This is likely a premature post. Look for an amendment to this schedule in the near future. When you see it change it won’t be a want to issue, but a logistical one.